Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

The cover and album title (though kind of pretentious) are giving serious future classic vibes to me. The more I think about the title the more I like it. If it’s anywhere near the level of folklore and evermore lyric wise, it’ll be amazing.

• Replies 49.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I just know she will come back hard after MIDnights. She's at a very unique stage in her career where she doesn't have to care about success at all; i'm ready for her magnum opus. 

1 minute ago, greento said:

The cover and album title (though kind of pretentious) are giving serious future classic vibes to me. The more I think about the title the more I like it. If it’s anywhere near the level of folklore and evermore lyric wise, it’ll be amazing.

Not gonna lie, the title kind of raise the bar super high in terms of lyrics expectation for the record. And she must know it. I think we're getting fed on that front, 100%.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

Literally had this thought last night. The Beatles better hold onto their wigs!

Speaking of, I need her to exploit her relationship with Paul McCartney to get some more clout :gaycat4:

Call me pathetic and desperate but if he's not the one announcing her Vanguard win at the VMAs next year, I don't want it :ryan3:

• Like 1

I kinda feel like this album is going to feature lana, florence, and phoebe :jonny5:

• Like 1

Just now, Klein said:

Not gonna lie, the title kind of raise the bar super high in terms of lyrics expectation for the record. And she must know it. I think we're getting fed on that front, 100%.

Yeah, it would be criminal to underdeliver on lyrics with "the tortured poets department" as the ******* album title :deadbanana2:

• Haha 3

Didn’t she say in the Grammys announcement she’s been working on this for the past 2 years? I can’t see it being solely about the breakup 

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

Yeah, it would be criminal to underdeliver on lyrics with "the tortured poets department" as the ******* album title :deadbanana2:

Someone has to find a nickname to drag her if she doesn't deliver. 

Whew, everything about this feels so mature and promising. The album cover is really nice but I wish it didn't have the border, still love it though. I hope the album will be full of songs like Call It What You Want, Lavender Haze, Dear Reader, Maroon, Dress, False God... :jonny:

• Like 1

Now, imagine if we get Renegade-level of excellency, just with a slightly poppier twist. :jonny5:

I- :jonny5:

I mean, "is it really your anxiety that stops you from giving me everything, or do you just not want to?" :jonny5:

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Klein said:

The Tortured Swifties Ward? But that’s all of us constantly :ryan3:

Maybe something about tortured ears.

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, Klein said:

Oh, I'm sure the tortured _____ department, and the ____ poets department will serve us several classic nicknames :deadbanana2:

Just now, Cruel Summer said:

GOODBYE :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, Klein said:

Now, imagine if we get Renegade-level of excellency, just with a slightly poppier twist. :jonny5:

I- :jonny5:

I mean, "is it really your anxiety that stops you from giving me everything, or do you just not want to?" :jonny5:

oh but we DON'T NEED the poppier twist :jonny5:

I want Renegade-lever of excellency :jonny5:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

The Tortured Ears Department has a nice ring to it :ryan3:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Klein said:

The Tortured Ears Department has a nice ring to it :ryan3:

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I can't believe I'm out of reactions cause y'all are DELIVERING :ryan3:

2 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

oh but we DON'T NEED the poppier twist :jonny5:

I want Renegade-lever of excellency :jonny5:

We certainly don't but I think TTPD will be on the poppier side of things, just very very chill pop. 

But best believe I'm here for the absence of the pop twist when talking about masterpiece like Renegade :jonny5:

pls taylor let be a visual album I've been yearning for a visual album since 2016 :jonny5:

I forgot the name as soon as it was announced and called it The Tattered Department Store

• Haha 2

I'm already preparing myself for people to claim she's catfishing again with the album cover no matter how the album will sound :redface:

I woke up this morning ready to find an announcement for Reputation TV. I was SHOCKED when my Boyrfiend told me: "go look at it.."! I am so curious and happy. The album cover look amazing for me!

3 minutes ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

pls taylor let be a visual album I've been yearning for a visual album since 2016 :jonny5:

That would be a dream but I'm feeling like it will not happen in a time when she has SO MUCH going on at the same time :monkey:

I’ve been very disappointed in her musical output since Red TV. Midnights felt undercooked, Speak Now TV was actually horrible since she butchered my 2nd favorite album, 1989’s re-recordings were actually amazing to me but the vault songs were all chops.

While I am experiencing a little Taylor fatigue, I think I just need another project that I can latch onto to raise my excitement again. I think this could be it, since Midnights was probably her holding back a bit since she was still with Joe for most of it, she didn’t want to expose too much or go too far— and the riskless, tepid music showed that.

I think this time the gloves are off and the pen is ready. Give it to us mama!

Edited by Relampago.

2 minutes ago, Klein said:

That would be a dream but I'm feeling like it will not happen in a time when she has SO MUCH going on at the same time :monkey:

honestly a movie/music video collection like what florence did with HBHBHB just sounds like the best idea. very simple, symbolic, deep, personal, and effective.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.