Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

2 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Yeah I'm sorry but there is ZERO chance this will morph into something with long-term and damaging career implications for her :deadbanana4:

As I've ranted about before, music criticism is a dead field, and aside from a few random encounters (seeing it on the NYT instagram feed, for instance) 99.9% of the listeners of this album will never interact with, let alone spare more than a single thought to, the score that Sputnik gave this album. It might have 10,000 readers, but that's one Sputnik reader for every thirty one thousand streams the album got on Friday :deadbanana4:

Two weeks from now, when it's still shitting on everything else released in the past decade, all but the most avid of haters will have moved on with their lives and we can return to TayPraisings

The same magazine give It also 9. So shows the albums has impact and makes people to talk about. Just that reviews as main review, not only as pure clickbait to go into the conversarion would have been a different impact.

Anyways yeah no One know what a sputnik Is. What are we talking about? Impact on her career? Wtf :laugh:. No One on radios thinks the album Is not a solid pop album.

• Like 1

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

How do people feel about the loud drum banging every time they shout Florida!!! in that song?

I find it jarring and one of my least favorite elements of the whole album

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Now why are they in it?

Because they won't leave her alone as long as she keeps releasing a lot anyway

Just now, fridayteenage said:

How do people feel about the loud drum banging every time they shout Florida!!! in that song?

I think it's one of the best things about the song. 

• Like 1

It is crazy that people don't give credit to someone who made song like Cassandra simply because they are… billionaire. 

That's just one song example here. I get not liking it, but objectively speaking it is not bad at all. 

At least, no one can say now her getting good reviews is due to "poptism" or imaginary thing like that. 

She hasn't stopped being polarising at all. She was perceived as weaker before folkmore, but now she is stronger and can be bashed. :rip:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Is this how Reputation stans felt (felt felt felt)?

:ryan3:

This is nothing compared to Reputation. Whew. That was a SAGA.

Edited by Peroxide
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Squall said:

Because they won't leave her alone as long as she keeps releasing a lot anyway

Hmmmm the truth is, "they" will never leave her alone… like ever.

Take it in stride, ignore, scroll past it etc. and enjoy the music. :heart:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lemon said:

It is crazy that people don't give credit to someone who made song like Cassandra simply because they are… billionaire. 

That's just one song example here. I get not liking it, but objectively speaking it is not bad at all. 

At least, no one can say now her getting good reviews is due to "poptism" or imaginary thing like that. 

She hasn't stopped being polarising at all. She was perceived as weaker before folkmore, but now she is stronger and can be bashed. :rip:

She's better than me. The way I'd be posting selfies in my jet snuggled up with my man.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

It's alright it's a little jarring some plays.

4 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

This is nothing compared to Reputation. Where. That was a SAGA.

And WE are still here. :WAP:

ugh as a reputation loyal stan, PTSD come here with the quality winning team. :heart:

Glad we're about to purge success and acclaim stans. :clap3:

Edited by Taylor fanboy
  • Haha 1

Btw here in Italy the reviews i have read have been very positive. I love how every review is about "the great lyricsm" :chick1:

Releasing rep in just 4 months would very wrong. I feel this album has a sound and a mature sound overall can give her a multi hits WW era.

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 3

"Taylor Swift can't be depressed because she's a billionaire!!!"

right because depression is class-enforced :rip:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Call me deranged and parasocial but I believe people capable of making music like Cassandra deserve a billion dollars :suburban:

ttpd.gif?ex=663557fe&is=6622e2fe&hm=6233

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is honestly nothing compared to the last decade. Reputation era was hell :deadbanana2:

Every single day my fave song has been changing, today Down Bad is taking the cake :rip: 

• Like 2

Why aren't we getting debut numbers? It's the only thing that can save this day, but it seems like no one wants to!! :deadbanana2:

Who would have thought she would have this kind of album to bring on reputation aura. :eddie:

Black and white aesthetic. :chick1:

• Like 2

I'm so annoyed that I'm tired and have to go to sleep soon because I don't wanna stop listening :redface:

• Haha 1

I would live for it if she doubled down on the criticism of her releasing music frequently by surprise dropping TS12 next month

ttpd.gif?ex=663557fe&is=6622e2fe&hm=6233

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Anyways moving on! THE ALCHEMY is hitting lately 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The italian reviews...i would like to you to read It and understand them

It's the opposite of what the oths atrlers says...the Rolling Stones review opened with "It's a diffuse assumption monoculture Is not possible anymore but Taylor Swift Is the most monoculture thing we got from decades"

Also the lyrics of track 2 "we'll be dissected for years"

:ahh:

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

so high school is easily the best song here but fresh out the slammer randomly clicked yesterday, i'm obsessed :jonny5:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GoatGly said:

"Taylor Swift can't be depressed because she's a billionaire!!!"

right because depression is class-enforced :rip:

Oh i thought that was a fun thread. It was serious ? :rip:

• Haha 1

Tree paine Is 100% already working and She will tweet the sputnik 9/10 review :jonnycat:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.