Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, scottstreet said:

Even though I don't think she would purposely block Billie, she does have the deluxe cds restock and the new cd with But Daddy I Love Him acoustic alongside the signed ones…

If i didn't get wrong they are not immediately counted but they can be shipped until 31th May (i don't know if these new ones even after that)..so if there is a strategy i think it's to stay "strong" for at least some other weeks. I think they care about the comparison with Midnights and of course Midnights after the first 4 weeks was in late november - december so you need to push the Sales a little bit to try to stay at least on pair with It. 

Edited by vale9001

• Replies 48.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

The Black Dog and The Smallest Man Who Ever Flopped remain on repeat :jonny5:

Oh so It's serious. Even an easter egg on her video

"I Hate It Here" is such a beautiful song, I hate how the whole discourse about it revolved around that one line.

It's been on repeat all day.

uyvV0ID.gif

• Like 12

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, NicoleAMatty said:

"I Hate It Here" is such a beautiful song, I hate how the whole discourse about it revolved around that one line.

It's been on repeat all day.

uyvV0ID.gif

Such a beautiful melody, I wake up humming it these days :alexz3:

The way they really tried throwing random discourses sh*t at the wall to get her to flop on release week but now looking back, it was such a failed attempt :deadbanana2: Came for The King in 2016 and missed, now she only gets bigger with every attempt :dies:

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 3

I Can Fix Him is a good song, I don't understand the hate

• Like 1

So good :jonny5: Max said no elevator instrumentals :clap3:

FortStyle is a BOP too, especially the chorus :jonny5: The way Hack drags down everything he touches. Thank GOD Fortnight was already a good base to begin with. Oh Fortnight, the 20 week #1 that you could've been :clap3:

(83+68)/2=76 :fan: Time, the ultimate truth teller :clap3: 

Soon the 2 month old WCBF, will be outstreaming the 2 week old Fortnight :clap3: even though the latter is the superior song, but that's all to do with miss Swift's superior lyrics & melodies

aEUX4LV.pngUImHGcg.pngbgWgrkO.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Seeing people sing these, mediocre at best lyrics, on my Instagram feed is hilarious to me.

• Thumbs Down 3

Like girl, come on, cover Fortnight, cover TTPD, cover The Alchemy, cover So High School. 

y'alll I'm a folkmore STAN but....this might be her best album

or second/third best :jonny5:

• Like 5

OOTD (Obsession Of The Day) has been But Daddy I Love Him aka Love Story's daughter

6Ij5rBS-Imgur.thumb.gif.89dc583e970969cf

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

So good :jonny5: Max said no elevator instrumentals :clap3:

FortStyle is a BOP too, especially the chorus :jonny5: The way Hack drags down everything he touches. Thank GOD Fortnight was already a good base to begin with. Oh Fortnight, the 20 week #1 that you could've been :clap3:

(83+68)=76 :fan: Time, the ultimate truth teller :clap3: 

Soon the 2 month old WCBF, will be outstreaming the 2 week old Fortnight :clap3: even though the latter is the superior song, but that's all to do with miss Swift's superior lyrics & melodies

aEUX4LV.pngUImHGcg.pngbgWgrkO.png

And fortnight will outstream in few weeks the max Martin produced track Yes and? released 3 months ago, as any TTPD album track already outstreamed every max Martin ES album track :devil:

• Haha 4

Just now, pinkbowvintage said:

Which is why i'm not a huge fan of this album because this album is giving folklore but with better song concepts.

Posted (edited)

Max Martin stans are bringing the ariana Song as proof he's still the top producer in the game as this ariana Song is the smash of the century. Meanwhile Its chart run on the hot 100

1-3- 10- 9- 8 - 8 - 33 (11 without Taylor new songs) - 19

:lakitu:

Edited by vale9001
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

Max Martin stans are bringing the ariana Song as proof he's still the top producer in the game cause as this ariana Song is the smash of the century. Meanwhile Its chart run on the hot 100

1-3- 10- 9- 8 - 8 - 33 (11 without Taylor new songs) - 19

:lakitu:

I Can Do It With A Broken Heart is more me, but i'm telling you We Can't Be Friends attempted to rip my soul into several pieces.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Now wottice this BOP :jonny5: I need a full version :jonny5:

I think it's from this mashup

5 hours ago, By the Water said:

Atp I'm pretty sure ICDIWABH will be the second single

#JusticeforBadDown

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Kyle-x said:

A resequencing of TTPD because I cannot sleep

Spoiler

Chapter I: The Longing

1. Fortnight

2. Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus

3. Peter

4. I Look In People's Windows

5. Guilty as Sin?

A rumination on the "what-ifs?" of a relationship that could-have-been. Longing and yearning for a love that was never actually lost. Evidence of the narrator being trapped in a relationship while coveting another. Provides essential context for the chapters to come.

Chapter II: The Disintegration 

6. My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys

7. I Hate It Here

8. So Long, London

9. The Prophecy

10. How Did It End?

11. I Can Do It with a Broken Heart

The relationship the narrator feels trapped in ends. A range of complicated feelings emerge. The narrator is feeling both devastated and a sense of newfound freedom. Explanations for the actions of the narrator that follow are presented here.

Chapter III: The Rebound

12. The Bolter

13. Fresh Out the Slammer

14. Florida!!!

15. imgonnagetyouback

16. Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?

17. But Daddy I Love Him

18. The Alchemy

19. I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)

20. The Tortured Poets Department

The narrator gets right into that getaway car and drives it straight into the deep end with a rekindled flame. Once brought to the light, the relationship is immediately scrutinized by outside influences and causes the narrator lash out. The narrator relates the relationship to being under the influence in many of the songs and the cracks in the facade start to show themselves by the end of the chapter.

Chapter IV: The Betrayal

21. Down Bad

22. The Black Dog

23. loml

24. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

Things have gone up in flames for the narrator in the new relationship. All of the red flags from the previous chapter are now being dissected and put on blast in this chapter. 

Chapter V: New Beginnings

25. So High School

26. The Albatross

A new muse has entered the picture and a potential taste of the things to come on the next record are being teased here. 

Clara Bow

thanK you aIMee

Cassandra

Robin

The Manuscript

These songs feel too specifically tied to past lore that I can't really place them in the sequence of events I've laid out here. I could maybe stretch The Manuscript to be the closer but it still feels a bit too tied to the re-recordings and the Swiftie experience to be placed in this world dd. Clara Bow is in my top 3 so I'd never cut her so don't get it twisted. These would be cute bonus tracks.

I'll play, because I also finally created a new tracklist to give the album some better sonic diversity, more interesting transitions, and more dynamic storytelling narratives. 

I — Inciting Events (introduce the album themes of anger, denial, bargaining, and sadness)

1. My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys

2. imgonnagetyouback

3. Down Bad

II — Escapism (the initial escapist coping with the fallout of the relationship) 

4. I Hate It Here

5. So Long, London

6. I Look In People's Windows

7. Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus

8. The Black Dog

III — Longing (reminiscing and becoming delusionally love struck at the prospect of a new fling to distract you from your breakup) 

9. The Tortured Poets Department

10. So High School

11. The Alchemy

12. Guilty as Sin?

IV — Trainwreck (the sudden start and abrupt end to a rebound relationship. The Bolter doesn't fit "Matty" but in my mind this rearranged tracklist is not tied to her personal experiences but a different fictional narrative) 

13. Fresh Out the Slammer

14. I Can Fix Him (No Really, I Can)

15. The Bolter

16. But Daddy I Love Him

V — Rage & Reckoning (angry at the failures, reflecting on the cracks in her psyche and what got her to this point.)

17. The Albatross

18. Florida!!!

19. Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?

20. Cassandra

21. Fortnight

22. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

VI — Surrender (she falls to her knees, exhausted from the release of all her rage, and finally tries to process her grief to relieve herself of emotional burden.)

23. How Did It End?

24. The Prophecy

25. loml

VII — Acceptance (she closes the chapter and finds out how to move forward with her professional and personal endeavors.)

26. Peter 

27. Clara Bow

28. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart

29. thanK you aIMee 

30. The Manuscript

My footnotes and thoughts on the new sections / tracklist / song placements & transitions: 

Spoiler

Robin has no place in my narrative and it doesn't really resonate with me so I didn't mind cutting it. 

My Boy as an opener is so hilarious because starting the album with "Oh here we go again," would be so legendary lol. It's also a higher energy start. Flows nicely into the next song. Most of my transitions are nice imo.

I LOVE section II, it might be the best part of my reorder. The songs are all narratively and sonically perfect together. She also mentions selling her apartment in Chloe et al. AND The Black Dog, which are back to back so there's that connecting thread. all 5 of these songs flow so perfectly together. Especially ILIPW -> COSOSOM -> TBD.

III - So High School and Alchemy are more about choosing to pursue the rebound instead of actually being with them already, so they're fictional in this scenario just like Guilty as Sin. TTPD & So High School both have a dreamy pop rock feel that helps them complement each other. Also TTPD is a much better song when it's not at the beginning of the album experience while you're still entering this world.

In section IV, -she- leaves the rebound after realizing she can't fix this broken man she's irrationally fled to. BDILH is just a summation of that craziness to close out the rebound chapter. 

V — I love Albatross & Florida together, very oceanic. WAOLOM - Cass - Fort - TSMWEL flow really together too, imo. Fortnite might seem out of place here but for me it's kind of the anger of both the relationship AND the rebound not working out. So I like it better down here as she begins to process her rage. 

VI — saddest section, beautiful segment.

VII — I like these songs of closure sitting together. I also enjoy Clara Bow more when it's not a closing track, so this made me appreciate the song more. 

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, pinkbowvintage said:

For me TTPD is comfortably wedged in as her 2nd best. evermore isn't entirely safe as my #1 album as I thought she might always be, but she is my comfort album and TTPD is emotionally UNcomfortable (because it is literally chronicling Taylor's psychotic break :rip: ) so it won't be the album to comfort me when I have anxieties or fears or worries or sadness or whatever :gaycat6: BUT if TTPD holds up just as well over time, evermore will have to secure her wig at the top of my ranking. 

• Like 1

As someone who used to be a big Ariana fan, all her music ages like milk. Everyone who thinks ES is amazing this year will pay it no mind in a couple of years. :shutup: But I love that she was able to turn lemons into lemonade, I never care for women's personal lives becoming detrimental to their careers. And as long as the fans are happy there's nothing bad to say

But enough with trying to use that as a reason to bring Max Martin back. The man is washed up. Taylor has outgrown him and that's fine. She's also outgrowing Jack, so we'll need to bring on Thom Yorke or Sufjan Stevens soon :gaycat1: 

• Like 6

swiftolgist did a rearrange of the album tracklist and i fear he ate, i don't know how taylor missed the chance of starting the album with so long london :dies:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

The Black Dog is a career highlight :jonny5:

The most boring thing a fanbase can do in unison is re-arrange a tracklist.

Either write me a compelling short-story or keep it.

• Thumbs Down 1

The tracklist is there for a reason.

Taylor Swift thinks long and hard about her tracklists.

She spent months coming up with a perfect tracklist for her fanbase.

And y'all wanna tear it to shreds and re-arrange it?

Fine. Fine.

• Like 1

Mr. Swiftologist i may watch your videos because you remind me of James Charles and i watched his videos in high school.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.