• Replies 50.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

The Alchemy and Clara Bow are highlights and are not to be shoved to the back as random tracks 15 and 16

spacer.png

She's a billionaire. Why is it so hard to shoot a few videos?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Let's talk about how The Anthology is clearly meant to be an album on it's own, & not an attachment to TTPD. I mean look at the title vs the tracklisting full of "The"s, quite literally an Anthology of "The"s, & the fact the Track 5 is once again another rare Joe song.

The Anthology

1. The Black Dog
  2. Imgonnagetyouback
  3. The Albatross
  4. Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus
  5. How Did It End?
  6. So High School
  7. I Hate It Here
  8. Thank You Aimee
  9. I Look in People's Windows
  10. The Prophecy
  11. Cassandra
  12. Peter
  13. The Bolter
  14. Robin
  15. The Manuscript

spacer.png

• Like 3

31 Tracks and I only tolerate like 4. This is in the same category as Evermore for me, like, it was fun with Folklore cause it was different but this album is just a bunch of recycled melodies, some great lyrics are buried down a whole lot of silly rhymes and word games making Midnights a much better album in retrospective. 

Having said that, these are the best tracks for me

Fortnite

My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite Toys 

So Long, London ( I knew this one would break me)

Guilty As Sin?

The Black Dog

The Albatross

As much as I command her commitment to destroy the charts with 31 tracks, hommie could've released a solid 10-track project with the best of the best and called it a day.

Edited by SinnerCity
  • Like 2

• Like 1

No but its actually so criminal that she decided to end my 2024 musical journey by dropping this. This year has been excellent and I'm gonna spend the rest of it listening to this album.

• Like 1

Casa and Robin and The manuscript  are the only ones thatnot grow on me yet. But i can only give them 2 spins so far. So hopefully they are grower.

Im thinking about focus on the 1st 16 tracks for a couple days 1st and go back to The Anthology later. 31 tracks at once is a lot.

So High School giving SNTV Vault reject and still carrying this album

Oh, Preach Now... you'll always be famous

giphy.gif

• Like 1

mother is looking good on that Target ad :WAP:

My Black Dog CD has shipped! :duca: :duca:

1. Fortnight

2. My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite Toys

3. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart

4. The Alchemy

5. So High School

SUvJA.gif

wait, how is it possible So long, London being produced by Aaron??? everything about it is sooo Jack 

• Like 1

It seems to be the unpopular opinion, but so far 

Side A > Side B

side B is how I thought the whole album would sound, and I'm so glad it doesn't! Side B is a biT too folklore coded for me and that's one of my least favorite albums. 

That said, side B has a good number of highlights! 

I do think she should have given each album a chance to shine. 31 songs all at once is extreme and makes it hard to soak it all in and give the songs the time they deserve to really shine

• Like 2

I can do it eith a broken heart is so funny. Im not sure if i like it or not. the smallest man got soooo much better in the second half. I already cant remember what the alchemy and clara sound like :chick1:

okay thats the first part and i wont listen to the second one yet. maybe until i get familiar ŵith these songs (so like a year lmao)

I can do it eith a broken heart is so funny. Im not sure if i like it or not. the smallest man got soooo much better in the second half. I already cant remember what the alchemy and clara sound like :chick1:

okay thats the first part and i wont listen to the second one yet. maybe until i get familiar ŵith these songs (so like a year lmao)

oh the Fortnight thumbnail is a serve :WAP:

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCNAFEJQDSFXyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLCck4kGHHtxPx-ExQESeY0c5JQjmA

Edited by Dear Reader

I think she'll max out at 2.3M

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

When I first saw it I was like "double album vinyl!!"

But then realized she won't do it… not now at least which is not fair it's a whole album and we want that. Why do I get only half of it?

If I do rankings, I think I'm gonna rank the Anthology tracks separately from the 16 ones in the standard.

• Like 1

Oh my god. The Peter - Bolter 1-2 punch.

It just hit me.

I'm speechless.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEcCNAFEJQDSFXyq4qpAw4IARUAAIhCGAFwAcABBg==&rs=AOn4CLCck4kGHHtxPx-ExQESeY0c5JQjmA

Wait omg 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

Was just about to come post this OMG, @wastedpotential pointed out to me that Post's tattoos are missing on his face in the scene where they're hugging. Some type of fusing together incoming :jonnycat: 

• Like 3

I Love You, It's Ruining My Life

Old Habits Die Screaming

She should've named them that instead

I guess TBD is fine, especially cuz of that last line "With tail between your legs, you're leavin'". She really called that fake limp wristed coward out

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.