Why is Dan Ni gro serving more diverse production with Chappel than with Olivia

Digitalism

I wanted to blame Dan for Guts sounding kinda the same but it seems it's just Olivia's fault.

Olivia has no edge just look at her 💀

• Like 4

Dan who 

• Haha 1

Chappell has a vision beyond "alt high schooler" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

Dan ni what? :biblio:

• Haha 2

that's him? interesting. I listened to lip chap's album (and loved it) but did not check the credits. It's so different from Olivia and Conan's first two albums.

• Like 1

I'd say their styles are fairly similar, like when I first heard "Hot To Go" it reminded me of Olivia and I didn't even know they shared a producer yet. But Chappell is more fun and charismatic imo so her music just has more emotional range and punch. I think it's mostly about her.

Edited by eli's_rhythm
  • Like 1

excuse me :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

i dont see how thats a bad thing? guts still is a good album nonetheless.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Girlicious said:

Dan who 

N𝙞gro he's a music producer/writer

i hate when white people have names that feel like you shouldn't be saying them out loud ….. i don't even feel comfortable saying the former Governor of California / Terminator's last name :skull: 

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

I wanted to blame Dan for Guts sounding kinda the same but it seems it's just Olivia's fault.

:rip:   Let's start with a true premise.  I have listened to GUTS and Chappell's album both several times and GUTS is actually more diverse....Both are great albums though.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, qurl said:

i hate when white people have names that feel like you shouldn't be saying them out loud ….. i don't even feel comfortable saying the former Governor of California / Terminator's last name :skull: 

In Spain is quite common the last name 'Matamoros' = Kills muslims (not exactly muslims, more like North Africans, but for simplicity)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Chappell has the range. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bonicap said:

In Spain is quite common the last name 'Matamoros' = Kills muslims (not exactly muslims, more like North Africans, but for simplicity)

omg i never thought of this :deadbanana2:

but GUTS is still pretty good album?

5 minutes ago, DreamGlow said:

but GUTS is still pretty good album?

Yeah we all agree with that. It just didn't show a big evolution 

1 hour ago, qurl said:

You pronounce it as Dan Nigh-Gro.

• Haha 1

you just made that up.

GUTS' production is diverse enough the way it is.

olivia prob chose to keep things safe to minimize risk 

olivia is a one trick pony with no creativity. she also has a very limited and highly unpleasant bananees and avocadees vocal. this producer is deeply limited by Olivia's lack of talent. 

chappell is a true artisté. she has a clear vision, as well as a unique sound and perspective. just look at her styling and live performance - i imagine she is very exciting to work with in comparison! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I haven't listened to Chappel yet but Dan is kinda giving Jack wherein he's more of a conduit producer/writer and will only be good if the artist themselves has a solid vision in mind (for example, Caroline Polachek's stuff with Dan is great and more diverse & focused than Olivia's music, and sounds quite different).

• Like 1

Chappel Roan has more creative freedom, and seems like she takes artistic risks- it's just who she is. I like Olivia, but she's still a disney girl at heart, and probably always will be (part of her charm & appeal). 

We have Chappell, Sky, Hatchie, Caroline but they're picking Olivia:rip:

Edited by Skyesey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

I haven't listened to Chappel yet but Dan is kinda giving Jack wherein he's more of a conduit producer/writer and will only be good if the artist themselves has a solid vision in mind (for example, Caroline Polachek's stuff with Dan is great and more diverse & focused than Olivia's music, and sounds quite different).

Diverse & focused....those seem opposite to me ???   Just throwing out word salads for the fun of it I guess  :michael:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.