Fetch The Bolt Cutters turns four! Thoughts?

Solaria

I had no idea who Fiona Apple was before this album came out. I never listened to the type of music she made and I was sure I wouldn't be able to connect with her. But the minute I pressed play on this album I was HOOKED :jonny5:. This album is raw, honest, playful, and so much more. I feel like it's either a you love it or you hate it body of work. But I absolutely understood it's appeal. There's an underlying theme of chaos throughout this whole album but somehow Fiona seems to withstand it all. This album made me fall in love with her :heart:

spacer.png

My personal top 3:

SHE SAID MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE RIGHTS!!

Omg. What an opener holy ****

The lyrics are just so honest and real lmao she's a genius

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Love this album and the fact it was released during the beginning of the pandemic. It just felt so appropriate.

I do prefer The Idler Wheel and Extraordinary Machine, though.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jooj said:

Love this album and the fact it was released during the beginning of the pandemic. It just felt so appropriate.

I do prefer The Idler Wheel and Extraordinary Machine, though.

The Idler Wheel okay but EM… sis :dancehall:

• Haha 1

Still love this album

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, americanlife said:

Still love this album

Favourite tracks??

I honestly never listen to it and I say that as a fan of Fiona, it's one of my least favorite albums from her 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Solaria said:

The Idler Wheel okay but EM… sis :dancehall:

I know its an unpopular opinion but Extraordinary Machine is severely underappreciated sis

I love Under The Table, Relay, Ladies, On I Go and I Want You to Love Me, and i still listen to them occasionally. All 1000000/10 songs. It's just that i tend to resort to either EM or TIW more often.

• Thanks 1

It aged badly

still love and listen to this day ofc!!! has such a rattling and rambling urgent energy but the lyrics are v retrospective like looking back calmly at tumultuous events and picking them apart gently. very fab

ladies ladies laadies laaaadiessss; heavy balloon; cosmonauts (even tho ppl say it doesnt fit); i want you to love me; under the table; rack of his like come onnnnnnn!!!!!

Love this album! It really grew on me! I kept giving it chances because I love Fiona Apple's other albums so much. I still skip the barking dogs outro if the title track though lol. 

Top 3

1. Under the Table

2. Heavy Balloon

3. Drumset

Her 4th best but it's still great, she has no bad songs. Cosmonauts, I Want You To Love Me and Newspaper are my favs

• Thanks 1

Classic album. I still use. 

Took me 3 tries to get into it but then it clicked. I love it. Even bought the CD a while back.

the real cause of pandemic (after Yummy)

Legendary album!! :heart:
•Rack of his 

•Heavy Balloon 

•I want you to want me 

•Cosmonauts

•Under the table
•Newspaper 

•and of course the Grammy winning song Shameika 

I still use, but it's not beating The Idler Wheel... anytime soon, the hold that album has on me :ghostface:

It also was my introduction to Fiona Apple! Besides Criminal.

I do think it's production and retrospective lyrics are unique especially compared to her earlier works, but right now I'm not mature enough to relate to too much of its growth.

my rankings

1. When The Pawn..

2. FTBC

3. Tidal

4. Idler Wheel

5. EM

Definitely had to wait until the hype eventually died down to judge this body of work without external factors influencing my opinion. Still, it's a great follow-up to The Idler Wheel..., but in my eyes, nothing will ever equate to that album's (IW) lyricism, clever wordplay and punchlines.

I still maintain that Fiona would be the greatest rapper alive (male or female) if she were in that genre, but that's a conversation for another day...

:clack:

Top tracks for me are Cosmonauts, Relay and I Want You to Love Me.

Perfect album :clap3:IWYTLM, title track, Under the Table, Relay, Newspaper, Cosmonauts ugh so many incredible tracks.

Feels like lots of people fell out of love with this album as time has gone on, but for me it's still her best album (or at least is fighting Idler Wheel for the top spot daily) and my 3rd favorite release of 2020. For reference, Extraordinary Machine was my introduction to Fiona.

The album that got me into Fiona Apple. A masterpiece and my favorite of hers along with The Idler Wheel.

mariah-carey.gif

Ladies is still my song. 

I Want You..Shameika.... Under The Table. 

Great album, I do prefer The Iddle Wheel though, it's probably my 2nd favorite of her. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.