Random airplay hits in your country?

dejmieeen

Thread inspired by my last business trip. While driving I was listening to the radio all the time and after jumping from one radio station to another, I was surprised, how many random songs are used as "goldens" in Poland. For example, this ABBA cover from 2006, I guess nobody remembers it now, but in Poland we difinitely do - I heard it like 3 times. :rip:

Another song, which was huge in Poland and still is played very often is Latto and LU KALA. It's currently at #47 in Polish Airplay Chart, with 57 weeks inside Top 100. :rip:

What are randon airplay smashes in your contries?

Just in the last few months:

Single soon by Selena Gomez peaked top 5 on National airplay and Love on is #13 this week. Even Jennifer Lopez last single reached top 10 for a week.

Pharrell and Miley song is top 10 this week.

Conan Gray lonely dancers is doing great, this week peaked at #8.

Edited by vale9001

I'm not from Russia. But i remember Britney's Criminal and Madonna's Masterpiece was #1 hits her. It's so random

I used to hear Eh Eh by Gaga and Starlight by Taylor a lot on the radio and retail stores. Maybe they were singles here?

In 2015, Ghost Town by Adam Lambert reached #6 on the official Dutch top 40 and ended #15 in the year end charts. Radio heavily influences the charts here, so it must've been a radio hit. It was a single, so not really that surprising, but it only peaked #67 on the BB100 and #71 in the UK. There are some other countries that latched on to it as well, like South Africa, Poland, and Australia.

Edited by pavi

1 hour ago, pavi said:

In 2015, Ghost Town by Adam Lambert reached #6 on the official Dutch top 40 and ended #15 in the year end charts. Radio heavily influences the charts here, so it must've been a radio hit. It was a single, so not really that surprising, but it only peaked #67 on the BB100 and #71 in the UK. There are some other countries that latched on to it as well, like South Africa, Poland, and Australia.

Yeah, Ghost Town was massive in Poland in 2015. On the biggest radio station in Poland it was named 4th biggest hit of the year (Behind Adele, Ellie Goulding and Polish song).

Idk if this is random but Gaga's droplet The Cure went top 10 and was massive on radio in Australia. It's kinda funny coz they were paying her dust during ARTPOP-Joanne but ever since this basic bop they've been stanning everything shes done since

• Like 1

Poland seems to embrace every song by international artists lol

OT: Sia songs always get airplay in my country despite being bombs. I have no idea why. 

• Like 1

Poland makes just about every international pop girl single a radio hit :dies: Its honestly amazing cause radio is still very heavily consumed here by people and thanks to that even artists like Tove Lo or Bebe have constant genuinely known hits

• Like 1

I remember Katy's 'Hey Hey Hey' went #1 in Russia and ended a tie she had with David Guetta and Rihanna claiming her 7th Russian no.1. Might not be a fair comparison as I don't think it was officially released worldwide, but still random 💀

Spanish radio always plays songs from random European pop girls all the time

I still hear this song from time to time on the radio :rip:

Edited by yamiyuuuu

This was an airplay hit in my country. :rip:

This was weirdly massive over here back in 2013. Probably her biggest radio hit aside from Summertime Sadness (the original, of course, not the awful remix). Still only peaked at #42 on the official singles chart dd.

I feel like this classic should be more remembered considering what a big radio hit it was. #6 most played song on European radio & #1 most broadcast song (radio & TV) in the UK on the year end 2005 charts.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, yamiyuuuu said:

Spanish radio always plays songs from random European pop girls all the time

I still hear this song from time to time on the radio :rip:

Classic

RULED the Airwaves in the mid-late 2000s

This were all over the radio here on Chile and idk why because they were never singles and I listened to them a lot, even they were on the radio hit countdowns shows

Yes, and? topping the local top 40 radio chart here for 9 weeks in a row :rip:, when it only peaked at #10 in the US. It only just got dethroned last Friday by Beautiful Things.

Edited by Genius1111

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.