HDD: 'TORTURED POETS' to debut at #1 with 2.60M units | 1.92M pure sales & 671k SEA

Feanor

Just now, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Oh I wasn't talking about her visibility, I was talking about general interest in her and a rise in criticism across social media :bird:

Swiffers can whine all they want in their Reddit threads and IG comments lol. Once again, the little sales info we have reveals the opposite sentiment :bird:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• family.guy123

• Raspberries

• wastedpotential

• Kitboga

Cameltoe Chariot
1 minute ago, Taylena said:

You guys keep confusing what you want to happen with what you think will happen...

I don't want anything to happen, I'm just speaking from a marketing perspective and as a lifelong fan of pop music - every superstar hits a plateau eventually followed by a dip.

Michael Jackson. Madonna. Britney.

It'll happen to Taylor too. It's just a matter of time.

• Thumbs Down 1

Eh, 1 million is basically saying water is wet. Ofc she's gonna do 1M. She managed to do that with a rerecording. That's how other worldly her success is.  

Let us know if she crosses the 2M mark. 

This vague-ass article

• Like 1

Ofc she will do 1M

I think she will even surpass 2M

1M predictions already? :deadbanana4: Yeah, I think she will likely cross the 2 million mark with this debut.

2 minutes ago, wish said:

1M predictions already? :deadbanana4: Yeah, I think she will likely cross the 2 million mark with this debut.

No way, it took the stars aligning to even reach 1.6M. 1.8M is probably her ceiling

5 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

No way, it took the stars aligning to even reach 1.6M. 1.8M is probably her ceiling

Maybe someone will grant Wish's wish.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

nnnnn :suburban:

• Haha 2

There's no way she won't break the first week sales record. We're talking about the most successful artist of all time at her PEAK. Soundscan has only existed since the 1990s so she only has to compete with artists who've released since then. And she's clearly the biggest. 

17 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

There's no way she won't break the first week sales record. We're talking about the most successful artist of all time at her PEAK. Soundscan has only existed since the 1990s so she only has to compete with artists who've released since then. And she's clearly the biggest. 

The first week sale records is 3 million plus by Adele. With streaming calculation it's highly unlikely 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, liquiddiamonds said:

The first week sale records is 3 million plus by Adele. With streaming calculation it's highly unlikely 

I know what the record is. It's highly likely. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

26 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Taylor won't break the record cuz we're deep in the streaming era. Pure sales peaked in the 2000s. And you need that to achieve big sales. She's the only artist debuting with 1m since 2017. 
Also I highly doubt before Soundscan anyone  did more than 3.4m first week anyway so no she isn't just competing with artist since the 1990s

Edited by JawBreaker
  • Like 1

She'll get close to 2m if not 2m itself. She's HUGE rn.

3 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

Taylor won't break the record cuz we're deep in the streaming era. Pure sales peaked in the 2000s. And you need that to achieve big sales. She's the only artist debuting with 1m since 2017. 
Also I highly doubt before Soundscan anyone  did more than 3.4m first week anyway so no she isn't just competing with artist since the 1990s

Streaming era is less than ten years old. It's like saying in 1955 that nobody can ever beat a sales record set in 1946. 

Taylor is selling more pure albums first week today than she was during the physical/digital era. 

So the fact that sales peaked in the 2000s doesn't matter. You can't apply rules of thumbs to outliers. 

9 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

Also keep in mind that the album has actually been on sale for nearly 3 months already. In modern times long pre-order periods are all just rolled up into the first week. So obviously she is not selling 3.4 million first week. But if you combine its first three months it will 100%

They don't even know the title of her album. How can we expect them to know the sales? :ryan3:

• Haha 1

Well yeah, this is the peak of her career. And everyone is expecting this to smash bigger the. 1989 and midnights by a lot. Wonder what the lead song will be cuz all eyes are on her

2 hours ago, Carry My Heart said:

It hasn't "died down", she's willingly stayed off the radar after the previous leg of the tour wrapped up last month to avoid overexposure before the album drops... which is exactly what everyone here thought she should do.

If she wants to avoid over exposure she needs to take a year and half break lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NEX said:

Girl-dirt-bike-ramp-lake.gif

They must have had this movie on the brain:

• Like 1

I wish there was someone who could pull off the numbers Taylor does alongside her. Having one artist smash like her is so boring. Like, there's no fun in predictions anymore. :gaycat6:

• Like 1

depends on if the album is dance pop or lullaby (ugh i dont need another lana-esque album)

2 hours ago, family.guy123 said:

I know what the record is. It's highly likely. 

Not likely because streaming is directed connected to time, unlike a pure sale. Even if Taylor achieved 2 million PURE SALES for Poets she would need 2 million plus streaming equivalent copies to surpass Adele. The only way to do it is if she brings an unprecedented amount of unique listeners, since the album is already shorter than Midnights and won't be made up of short songs. Taylor is a powerhouse pure sale act, but a lot of her casuals just stream her music. She would need a gazillion of them. I can see the album having the best streaming week ever across all genres and gender, though. Adele had the benefit of having pure sales as the sole means of consumption for her music during her peak

Edited by liquiddiamonds

I def see her doing 3m+

• Thanks 1