HDD: 'TORTURED POETS' to debut at #1 with 2.60M units | 1.92M pure sales & 671k SEA

Feanor

eyJrZXkiOiJmaWxlcy9hcHBfZ3JhcGhpY3MvODI2MTM1NjI0X2Zvcm1fMTU5MTYwMF9zdGFuZGFyZF8xNzEzMjc2NjI3LmpwZyIsImJ1Y2tldCI6ImFwdGl2YWRhLWZpbGVzIiwiZWRpdHMiOnsicmVzaXplIjp7IndpZHRoIjoxNjAwLCJoZWlnaHQiOjMyMDAsImZpdCI6Imluc2lkZSIsIndpdGhvdXRFbmxhcmdlbWVudCI6dHJ1ZX0sInRvRm9ybWF0Ijoid2VicCIsIndlYnAiOnsicXVhbGl0eSI6MTAwLCJzbWFydFN1YnNhbXBsZSI6dHJ1ZSwiZWZmb3J0Ijo0fSwib3BlcmF0aW9ucyI6W3sib3BlcmF0aW9uIjoic3RyaXAifV19LCJvcHRpb25zIjp7fX0=

UPDATE:

HDD (Update 9)

–––––––––––––

Older updates:

Spoiler

With all 31 songs debuting in the Top 50 of our Streaming Songs chart—six of them logging 40m+ streams—Taylor Swift's THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT (Republic) has set a new record for most streams in a week. 

Swift's 11th LP will earn 864 million streams in its first week, surpassing the previous record-holder, Drake's Scorpion (746m), by more than 100m.

HDD (Update 8)

–––––––––––––

Did we mention it's Taylor Swift week? Our prognosticators have another update on THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT's first week total. Analysts are now certain that TTPD will clear 2.5m units in its first week, as the 31-track blockbuster continues to raise the bar. For those keeping score at home, that puts TTPD behind only Adele's 25 for the largest all-time debut. How much bigger than huge can it get? Stay tuned.

HDD (Update 7)

–––––––––––––

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_1010114745.png

HDD (Update 6)

–––––––––––––

After three full days of activity, the final number for Taylor Swift's blockbuster debut is starting to become clearer. Data nerds are now saying 2.3m+ is the new benchmark for THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT (Republic), which means Swift cleared that bar with ease. Is 2.4m+ in play? Could it go higher? Anything is possible when it comes to Taylor Swift. We'll continue to ride the over.

HDD (Update 5)

–––––––––––––

By even the most conservative projections, TTPD will shatter the first-week streaming record held by Drake's Scorpion for nearly six years. The 31-track Anthology is projecting to more than 800m first-week streams, with upside. Scorpion opened in July 2018 with 746m on-demand plays. All-in first-day U.S. streams for TTPD topped a quarter of a billion while the album set a global record at Spotify with 314m opening day listens.

TTPD will be Swift's seventh album to open at 1m+ and the third over 1.5m—the latter figures all occurring within the last two years. Not too shabby.

Taylor Swift, THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT (Republic) 2m+ 
Pearl Jam, Dark Matter (Monkeywrench/Republic) 55-60k

HDD (Update 4)

–––––––––––––

Industry prognosticators are now fearlessly predicting that Taylor Swift's latest Republic rocket, THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT, will soar into the rarefied air of 2 million+ in first-week activity. 

As you probably know, the new set was expanded to 31 tracks mere hours after its arrival in an "ANTHOLOGY" edition that will inevitably supercharge the already-frenzied consumption underway by Swifties. POETS quickly blew past Spotify and Amazon Music records for single-day album streams; expect more records to be set very soon.

So if 2m is now considered a floor, what's the ceiling? For the time being, we'll content ourselves with reiterating that this thing is big. Very, very big.

HDD (Update 3)

–––––––––––––

Both LPs moved north of 1.5m units in their opening weeks. The expectation for TTPD ranges from 1-2m, according to music biz analysts. But is there any possibility that Swift, who's successfully dominated recorded music, the live sector, the box office and the NFL over the last year and half, will not meet expectations? Would you bet against her? "Take the over" seems to be the near-unanimous response to a Swift projection.

HDD (Update 2)

–––––––––––––

As we've been endlessly reminding you, Taylor Swift's new album, THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT, is going to be big. Very big. Enormously big. Perhaps even frighteningly big.

But how big? Industry handicappers are fraying the beads on their abacuses estimating the Republic set's likely first week. Is it a lock to hit 1 million, 1.25m, 1.5m or more? Some insiders—who know their data—are speculating about blockbuster opening numbers that we're not even ready to share with you.

Tay currently boasts 283m Instagram followers, by the way, so if 1% of those peeps buy a copy of her record in its first week, she will pass the 2m mark. Just sayin'.

HDD (Update 1)

–––––––––––––

SOCIETY PAGE: The handicapping of Taylor Swift's first week by biz watchers is reaching a fever pitch. Dueling predictions about how much over 1m her new set's chart debut is likely to be dominate the grapevine. Midnights bowed with nearly 1.6m in 2022, more than 1.1m of that total coming from pure sales (though it also racked up more than half a billion U.S. streams in week one). While her new Republic set, THE TORTURED POETS SOCIETY(due 4/19), may not have quite as many physical-media configurations as its predecessor, Tay's online store still overflows with offerings that Swifties can't resist, while the customary Target exclusives will have registers a-ringing. A run of signed D2C vinyl copies disappeared in under two hours. So, wonderers wonder: Will this one be as big as the last one? Judging by the pop-culture seismograph, Tay herself is bigger than she was then—the impossibly huge Eras Tour, its ridiculously big filmed iteration (now streaming on demand), the giant 1989 re-recording, an Album of the Year Grammy and her conquest of the sports world with Travis Kelce on her arm have all happened in the wake of Midnights. Given her gargantuan media-world footprint and the frenzied interest in her every move, could this be her biggest liftoff yet? And what else might she have up her sleeve to further ramp up anticipation?

HDD

michael-jackson-reading.gif

Edited by Feanor
  • Like 3

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• family.guy123

• Raspberries

• wastedpotential

• Kitboga

ADHD, you will NEVER be famous! 

• Haha 3

Ohh :jonny5:

It really says Society in the article :ahh: anyways

• Like 1

People always call Beyoncé a witch but I wanna know what manifestation spell Taylor has cause 15 years later and all her albums selling 1 million first week! Insane

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

now why robin williams in it

spacer.png

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Given her gargantuan media-world footprint

They knew exactly what they were doing with this wordplay

• Haha 4

Water is wet :coffee2:

2.5M+ incoming

They really just said 1M minimum :duca:

18 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Dueling predictions about how much over 1m her new set's chart debut is likely to be

Edited by Carry My Heart

They don't actually say that tough, they're just wondering lol

Not them starting days early and setting 1m as the floor - oh she's coming for our necks, lord have mercy 

h37LT9F.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

It'll be interesting to see how high it can go, she's at her peak right now.

• Like 1

yikes!

Has there been any info on the pre-order numbers?  Someone on her team has a very good idea of where this is going to debut.

8 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Not them starting days early and setting 1m as the floor - oh she's coming for our necks, lord have mercy 

h37LT9F.gif

Yes, lets get this GIF ready

h37LT9F.gif

Cameltoe Chariot

It'll be interesting to see this one play out. It seems like the Taylor fever has died down a bit with the GP after a year of the Eras Tour, and her fans are expressing a new level of distaste for her vinyl variant shenanigans. Outside of ATRL I've hardly heard or seen anything about this new record either :celestial5:

I doubt it'll flop, but I'm predicting either a visible sales plateau, or a slight dip in performance

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 10

We ALLL already know she's pulling 1M+ DEBUT week! That's for d*mn sure.

And the pre-orders have been up for monthsss so I'm expecting something insannneee!!! :deadbanana2:

I may not be a Taylor Stan but I do look forward to her release weeks because she always sets some type of all-time record lmao! And she's even bigger now ever since the Eras Tour. Awhile ago I didn't think she would pull 1M+ for this album but tbh I think she will. She just needs to release a d*mn single.

900k-1000k, FLOP 

• Confused 1

You can tell they know nothing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

It seems like the Taylor fever has died down a bit with the GP after a year of the Eras Tour

It hasn't "died down", she's willingly stayed off the radar after the previous leg of the tour wrapped up last month to avoid overexposure before the album drops... which is exactly what everyone here thought she should do.

7 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

but I'm predicting either a visible sales plateau, or a slight dip in performance

Actually, the only sales info we do have (via Target stock tracking) shows a huge increase in demand for TTPD in comparison to 1989 TV and Midnights. So no :gaylorcat2:

Edited by Carry My Heart
  • Like 6

Cameltoe Chariot
2 minutes ago, Carry My Heart said:

It hasn't "died down", she's willingly stayed off the radar after the previous leg of the tour wrapped up last month to avoid overexposure before the album drops... which is exactly what everyone here thought she should do.

Actually, the only sales info we do have (via Target stock tracking) shows a huge increase in demand for TTPD. So no :gaylorcat2:

Oh I wasn't talking about her visibility, I was talking about general interest in her and a rise in criticism across social media :bird:

Don't take it personal sister, I was just contributing to the conversation.

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Oh I wasn't talking about her visibility, I was talking about general interest in her and a rise in criticism across social media :bird:

Don't take it personal sister, I was just contributing to the conversation.

Because Billie criticised ha? Pls pot calling the kettle black :ryan3:

18 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Has there been any info on the pre-order numbers?  Someone on her team has a very good idea of where this is going to debut.

Theres some going around And they are ginormous 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.