HDD: 'TORTURED POETS' to debut at #1 with 2.60M units | 1.92M pure sales & 671k SEA

Feanor

We already know that she will debut with 1M+. No need a whole article to tell us.

But the question is how high will she debut? :suburban:

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• family.guy123

• Raspberries

• wastedpotential

• Kitboga

11 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

Not likely because streaming is directed connected to time, unlike a pure sale. Even if Taylor achieved 2 million PURE SALES for Poets she would need 2 million plus streaming equivalent copies to surpass Adele. The only way to do it is if she brings an unprecedented amount of unique listeners, since the album is already shorter than Midnights and won't be made up of short songs. Taylor is a powerhouse pure sale act, but a lot of her casuals just stream her music. She would need a gazillion of them. I can see the album having the best streaming week ever across all genres and gender, though. Adele had the benefit of having pure sales as the sole means of consumption for her music during her peak

She's going to easily exceed 2 million pure sales. She probably already has.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, family.guy123 said:

She's going to easily exceed 2 million pure sales. She probably already has.

I dont think you understand she needs to double that from there. I think we should expect her to have her career best and break streaming records (factual). Whatever comes from that is an extra. No sane swifitie is expecting her to break Adele's record without at least seeing numbers from the first three first days…

BUT if there's a living artist that can have a shot is obviously her

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

Not them starting days early and setting 1m as the floor - oh she's coming for our necks, lord have mercy 

h37LT9F.gif

i feel like this is the most shameless they've been in recent memory to employ swifties to get more clicks :ducky:

2 minutes ago, Jpkun said:

i feel like this is the most shameless they've been in recent memory to employ swifties to get more clicks :ducky:

And honestly, it's working and I support it - they certainly got my clicks! But, then, I guess they already had me.

2 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

I dont think you understand she needs to double that from there. I think we should expect her to have her career best and break streaming records (factual). Whatever comes from that is an extra. No sane swifitie is expecting her to break Adele's record without at least seeing numbers from the first three first days…

BUT if there's a living artist that can have a shot is obviously her

I think if the day 1 number is 2m+ she has a chance at 25, but otherwise, basically no chance. Although I suppose billboard could do that stupid thing they did with 1989TV and somehow spread out the numbers more evenly and keep us off the scent.

I might be delulu but I think she's clock over 2 million

• Like 1

It obviously is going to be her biggest debut. Her & her team are specifically are going to make sure her studio albums do the highest first weeks possible. 

The TVs they don't care about breaking records as much, so the fact 1989 TV still managed that means she is easily going to do that and more with TTPD.

I thought 1m was forgone conclusion tbh

She is gonna do 2M+ I really don't see any way she won't. Her popularity is at an all time high and fatigue has not kicked in at all.

spacer.png

UPDATE:

As we've been endlessly reminding you, Taylor Swift's new album, THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT, is going to be big. Very big. Enormously big. Perhaps even frighteningly big.

But how big? Industry handicappers are fraying the beads on their abacuses estimating the Republic set's likely first week. Is it a lock to hit 1 million, 1.25m, 1.5m or more? Some insiders—who know their data—are speculating about blockbuster opening numbers that we're not even ready to share with you.

ay currently boasts 283m Instagram followers, by the way, so if 1% of those peeps buy a copy of her record in its first week, she will pass the 2m mark. Just sayin'.

HDD (Update)

:lakitu:

So excited about next week :duca:

If she was withholding the album from streaming during the first week, I think she could be breaking 25's record. So many people would reactivate their iTunes account just for it.

2 million? Wow. She keeps getting bigger

Oh wow I predicted 2M after 1989 TV but I'm starting to think she can actually get close to Adele's record. :jonny5:

I'm gonna say 2.5-3M

I'm not even a Swiftie but who is doing it big like Taylor? Damn! :jonny3:

10.5M is coming :wanda:

these preorders are going to start getting shipped back based on early reception :celestial:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 15

2.174M first week :jonnycat:

I doubt she will pull 2m. I can see it hitting 1mil, but def not 2mil.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.