Katy on KP6: "It's bright and joyful; also a party!"

Joyride

I need fun bops from Katy. I wouldn't say no to Smile 2.0 because it's a great pop album imo. 

• Like 2

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SchmoodRing

• concubine

• Virgos Groove

• znake

On 4/16/2024 at 12:37 PM, Better Mistakes said:

So Teenage Dream 4.0, Prism 3.0 or Smile 2.0?

And what exactly is wrong with that when these are all good pop albums like lol

On 4/16/2024 at 12:55 PM, Virgos Groove said:

I don't believe a word she says, but I'd be so here for her Light Years/COADF. :jonny:

Katy deserves to have her own Spinning Around and Hung Up moment for sure

• Like 1

I said this in another thread, but if she comes back with something like this, it will smash. I hope at some point she will work with Tove, I think her style will fit Katy quite well.

Edited by Imagine Dragon
  • Like 3

smile 2.0 I fear

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Imagine Dragon said:

I said this in another thread, but if she comes back with something like this, it will smash. I hope at some point she will work with Tove, I think her style will fit Katy quite well.

Fun fact, Tove  wrote Imaginary Friend from Lady Wood as a pitch it for Katy's album before eventually keeping it for herself.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SpaceOddity said:

Fun fact, Tove  wrote Imaginary Friend from Lady Wood as a pitch it for Katy's album before eventually keeping it for herself.

I just listened, and it would have fit very well on Witness!

• Like 1

Where is the lead single ?

smile was made while she was depressed, like prism and witness, so the situation will be different (I hope :eli:)

On 4/16/2024 at 1:26 PM, concubine said:

Why does she always talk/answer questions like that bruh I'm getting sick of her again

If you close your eyes while she's speaking you can imagine Witness era Ellen interviews and karen bobs, it's the still the same cringy boomer personality underneath she just has long hair now

Her styling these days is crazy though, she looks good good

I think you're overreacting. She's definitely not giving Witness energy. It seems like she's ready to have fun and is serving ***** 

On 4/16/2024 at 1:58 PM, TayDuaStan said:

Smile 2.0 incoming :rip:

You make it sound like a bad thing? That album was objectively good. What ruined the era was the whole clown brand aesthetic attached to it that turned people off. She should've stuck with the retro hippie she was serving with Never Really Over and Harley's In Hawaii 

On 4/16/2024 at 2:08 PM, Virgos Groove said:

She needs to serve DANCE, SEX and FUN. :jonny: Sadly, she will give us Smile 2.0.

I WILL be sharing the shady posts when the lead peaks at #87.

:ryan3:

It's one thing to be disappointed in your faves underperformance but to anticipate bitching about it is not the flex that you think it is 

On 4/16/2024 at 2:44 PM, Nashe said:

A sexy/darker visual image & sound for the era would smell like a flop from afar. 

Why when this is literally what we're begging for. Whatever she served with When I'm Gone is what we want more of

On 4/16/2024 at 3:03 PM, XtinaStripped said:

Just please no more "comedy" imagery. It's not cute now and it's played out. She needs to leave that **** out her image rebrand.

Yes please just be a grown ass woman. I'm seriously over the tongue in cheek and campy serves from her

On 4/17/2024 at 3:34 AM, xluvxduffxmusicx said:

That description :rip: Like it doesn't fit for 95% of her discography to date. :rip:

The public don't want serious Katy. During her peak, the break up/love pop always underperformed. 

Smile's singles were exactly that. 

I think this time she's going to go full anti romance and just give party album. 

Probably is too late but also probably her best shot. 

On 4/16/2024 at 4:19 PM, kayliah said:

I dont want Teenage 2.0 i want dance songs like Never really over.

I don't really dance from Never Really Over but definitely more Walking On Air, Bon Apetit, Swish Swish, Roulette, Deja Vu, Cry About It Later, Teary Eyes and When I'm Gone then we're on the right track

On 4/16/2024 at 4:28 PM, UnusualBoy said:

This is Katy's brand, if you guys expect some type of Folklore/Ray Of Life type of album well, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Ready and perched for this.

Katy is not capable of giving us a Folklore but she is capable of giving us her own but she can definitely deliver her own Ray Of Light and Frozen for sure

8 hours ago, Imagine Dragon said:

Tove needs to write a song with and for Katy 

7 hours ago, SpaceOddity said:

I remember! What a fantastic song. It would've been a career highlight for Katy. What a different and interesting soundscape that could be for her to venture in

7 hours ago, Imagine Dragon said:

I just listened, and it would have fit very well on Witness!

Heroes, I'm Coming, Sweettalk My Heart, Lies In The Dark, Call On Me, Glad He's Gone, Are You Gonna Tell Her, Pineapple Slice, I Like You, Borderline, No One Dies From Love, Don't Say Goodbye, Keep It Simple, WTF Love Is and Moments are the kind of songs that I'd love for Katy to deliver. Still pop. But mature and different. 

7 hours ago, znake said:

Where is the lead single ?

Where is her second collab with Zedd that was suppose to come out after 365?

5 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

The public don't want serious Katy. During her peak, the break up/love pop always underperformed. 

Smile's singles were exactly that. 

I think this time she's going to go full anti romance and just give party album. 

Probably is too late but also probably her best shot. 

Lmfao I'm sorry in what world did her break up and love songs underperform especially during her peak? 

Love - Teenage Dream, Unconditionally, Never Really Over

Break Up - Thinkin Of You, The One That Got Away, Wide Awake

Here giving us a full on Disco, club, dance, sexy, carefree album would be IT! What is she waiting on to launch the album campaign though?

8 hours ago, Imagine Dragon said:

WE CAN ONLY WISH, LETS BE REAL

• Like 1

I'm sure she is coming in 2-3 weeks after hurricande Taylor :celestial4: she better perform live on TV a lot, pay Spotify and Radio

• Like 1

In a perfect world she'd secure an Ariana Grande, Drake, Lady Gaga, Dua Lipa, Taylor Swift, Doja Cat, Blackpink collab for visibility to secure a hit straight out the gate. 

But if we're being more realistic I'd love a colla with Missy Elliott, SG Lewis, Anitta, Kygo would be lovely. 

Her dropping another bop with Calvin Harris would be ideal and I hope the rumors of a Kylie Minogue collab are real

5 minutes ago, znake said:

I'm sure she is coming in 2-3 weeks after hurricande Taylor :celestial4: she better perform live on TV a lot, pay Spotify and Radio

Serve sex. No more cheesey and camp. Give us Katy ****

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

In a perfect world she'd secure an Ariana Grande, Drake, Lady Gaga, Dua Lipa, Taylor Swift, Doja Cat, Blackpink collab for visibility to secure a hit straight out the gate. 

But if we're being more realistic I'd love a colla with Missy Elliott, SG Lewis, Anitta, Kygo would be lovely. 

Her dropping another bop with Calvin Harris would be ideal and I hope the rumors of a Kylie Minogue collab are real

Does Blackpink even have a hit?  :bibliahh:

53 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Tove needs to write a song with and for Katy 

I remember! What a fantastic song. It would've been a career highlight for Katy. What a different and interesting soundscape that could be for her to venture in

Heroes, I'm Coming, Sweettalk My Heart, Lies In The Dark, Call On Me, Glad He's Gone, Are You Gonna Tell Her, Pineapple Slice, I Like You, Borderline, No One Dies From Love, Don't Say Goodbye, Keep It Simple, WTF Love Is and Moments are the kind of songs that I'd love for Katy to deliver. Still pop. But mature and different. 

Where is her second collab with Zedd that was suppose to come out after 365?

Lmfao I'm sorry in what world did her break up and love songs underperform especially during her peak? 

Love - Teenage Dream, Unconditionally, Never Really Over

Break Up - Thinkin Of You, The One That Got Away, Wide Awake

Here giving us a full on Disco, club, dance, sexy, carefree album would be IT! What is she waiting on to launch the album campaign though?

I'm being honest and saying you listed the songs that had the least impact during her peak. Teenage Dream wasn't really a serious love song, just a pop anthem in most ways. 

I love them don't get me wrong, but you can't deny the public want carefree and fun from Katy. They're not as interested in love songs, break up songs etc. 

But yes, Katy should absolutely work with Tove. 

• Confused 1

It's funny that people would expect something else. Anyways, I love fun Katy bring us the bops mama

• Like 1

concubine
10 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Why when this is literally what we're begging for. Whatever she served with When I'm Gone is what we want more of

Um who is we chile..

we dont want no more old maiden type of songs...

chile...

i'm about to leave this damn fandom yall are crazy

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, concubine said:

Um who is we chile..

we dont want no more old maiden type of songs...

chile...

i'm about to leave this damn fandom yall are crazy

In what world is When I'm Gone an old maiden song? Also aren't we trying to have her not appeal to kids what was up with that unnecessarily inaccurate ageist ass comment lol

9 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

I'm being honest and saying you listed the songs that had the least impact during her peak. Teenage Dream wasn't really a serious love song, just a pop anthem in most ways. 

I love them don't get me wrong, but you can't deny the public want carefree and fun from Katy. They're not as interested in love songs, break up songs etc. 

But yes, Katy should absolutely work with Tove. 

So what would you say were her love and break up songs? And referring to the songs I listed as ones with the least impact during her peak is legitimately wild. I agree it's pretty unanimous we want carefree and fun from her. We need to press Tove to work with our girl

concubine
38 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

In what world is When I'm Gone an old maiden song? Also aren't we trying to have her not appeal to kids what was up with that unnecessarily inaccurate ageist ass comment lol

That song is dated cringy trash, she can retire then bye ok im leaving this fandom your opinion just really upset me, I can't believe you can support that shite goodbye

Edited by concubine
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, concubine said:

That song is dated cringy trash, she can retire then bye ok im leaving this fandom your opinion just really upset me, I can't believe you can support that shite goodbye

Okay that's your opinion. It's really not that deep. A legitimate harmless bop. You can still be a fan and want and get what you want from and of her. Dramatic ass reaction

concubine
2 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Okay that's your opinion. It's really not that deep. A legitimate harmless bop. You can still be a fan and want and get what you want from and of her. Dramatic ass reaction

Go stream your old maiden flop song, I'm done with this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.