Little Mix can't produce a solo star, why?

The grouo itself is not big outside the Uk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImpressMeMuch

• OrgVisual

• lillavend3r

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

Only one that went top 10 was Jesy. Near top 10 is a flex now?

:bibliahh:

Normani and Camila multiple chart entries. Lauren #100 with Strangers so loud and wrong.

It's not like #11 is far from top 10 :rip:. And Perrie is on pace to debut at #6 next week

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

Normani and Camila multiple chart entries. Lauren #100 with Strangers so loud and wrong.

So you're making fun of them celebrating a "near top 10", but talk about a #100 chart entry in the same post. 

NURSE! :suburban:

• Haha 9

What's this obsession with wanting to see pop girls fail. Everything alright at home? Are you projecting your insecurities on theses girls? It's not their fault.

All of them are doing just fine everybody doesn't have to smash. 

Breathe babe in & out. :heart2: Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

just accept they're all going to be reality tv fodder until they're on loose women.

Jade is coming 

But Perrie's song is actually doing quite good? It will debut top 10 without a video and has a lot of positive buzz, her interviews have been fun, and the MV + performances will probably happen after the Taylor album bomb which is quite smart.

1 hour ago, Burn said:

They waited too long and now they're too old. Not being ageist but this is just how it works and we all know this. If you want to be a (female) star you've got to get in there early. That's why Mariah, Beyoncé, Ariana, Britney, Taylor, Rihanna etc were all in their late teens/early 20s when they came out. There's one exception of a pop girl who started later in life and that's Madonna.

It's true that Madonna did debut at an older age than the aforementioned women (24 years old) but we have to consider the time period. The early-mid 80s was still a time when full grown adults were setting the tone for the pop charts. When we look at other popular female artists of the early 80s, the majority were well into their 20s or even 30s. The only two that were quite young were Janet Jackson (who was 16) in 1982 and Whitney Houston, who didn't debut until 1984 (when she was 19/20). Everyone else was around Madonna's age or older. Cyndi Lauper, Sheena Easton, Irene Cara, Laura Branigan, etc. The pop charts (at least in the US) didn't start to skew younger again until the mid-90s.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, SweetTalker said:

So you're making fun of them celebrating a "near top 10", but talk about a #100 chart entry in the same post. 

NURSE! :suburban:

NO. I corrected their statement saying only 2 members got Hot 100 entries but ofc you would overlook that. Mind you Strangers was a promotional single how official Little Mix singles failed to debut but a promotional song about bisexual women dating did :dies: couldn't even chart with a NICKI feature :oh:

:suburban:

1 hour ago, lillavend3r said:

Perrie is likely debuting top 5 and Leigh-Anne debuted... #11 :psyduck: Lauren's #100 was entirely carried by Halsey.

Edited by Popboi.
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

NO. I corrected their statement saying only 2 members got Hot 100 entries but ofc you would overlook that. Mind you Strangers was a promotional single how official Little Mix singles failed to debut but a promotional song about bisexual women dating did :dies: couldn't even chart with a NICKI feature :oh:

:suburban:

Having a Nicki feature is entirely different than being a feature on a Halsey song 

As if that song charted because of the 5H girlie :rip: 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

Having a Nicki feature is entirely different than being a feature on a Halsey song 

As if that song charted because of the 5H girlie :rip: 

So you agree Woman Like Me flopped because of them? :dancehall: 

• Confused 1

That was the barbs not jesy lbr 

10 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

That was the barbs not jesy lbr 

To be fair though, Nicki's only had 3 top 4s in UK since 2018, one is Barbie World and the other 2... have Jesy :hoetenks:

10 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

To be fair though, Nicki's only had 3 top 4s in UK since 2018, one is Barbie World and the other 2... have Jesy :hoetenks:

Oh wow it didn't even break top 100 US? lol I misremembered that entirely nvm 

So you agree Woman Like Me flopped because of them? :dancehall: 

It flopped because it was whack and the whole promotion was busted by their fallout with Syco, Simon and label change.

They didn't even like the song, it was forced on them :rip: 

• Thanks 2

I think it's because the music is lukewarm. They need to do something "out of box" and not just a slight modification of their Little Mix stuff. I hope Jade take some notes...

because they are all boring. a cute voice only gets you so far. none of them stand out. 

11 hours ago, Dialamba said:

And look at them now :deadbanana2: so far only Camila had a huge era, Normani isn't consistent to be called a star. 
LM waited to long to debut anyway if Perrie would've debuted 7 years ago she'd be huge. 

What? Normani has achieved two major hits with Love Lies and DWAS It's highly unlikely for a Little Mix member to duplicate this level of success.

I'll admit  Little Mix was the more successful group overall, but in terms of producing solo stars, 5H wins. 

2 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

What? Normani has achieved two major hits with Love Lies and DWAS It's highly unlikely for a Little Mix member to duplicate this level of success.

I'll admit  Little Mix was the more successful group overall, but in terms of producing solo stars, 5H wins. 

thank you khalid and sam smith 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

And two hits means superstars please it was like 6 years ago :rip: I love Normani but she doesn't even have a solo top 10 hits. So no it's too early to tell she'll be huge. 

39 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

And two hits means superstars please it was like 6 years ago :rip: I love Normani but she doesn't even have a solo top 10 hits. So no it's too early to tell she'll be huge. 

?

ATRL enjoys discrediting Normani, and I genuinely can't understand why she receives such vitriol :biblio: 

She's credited as a lead artist on both tracks and has equal ownership of the songs alongside the other artist.

2 hours ago, Ethereal said:

so songs with the megastars Khalid and Sam Smith?

Little Mix was commercially strong as a group

A couple of 5H members have some hits yes,but I would not take 5H as a great example of successful solo music careers. :rip:

Edited by Sad Serenade

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.