Little Mix can't produce a solo star, why?

3/4 girls have dropped music and flopped.

The Fifth Harmony girls have done great in comparison. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 8

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImpressMeMuch

• OrgVisual

• lillavend3r

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

They are all fairly bland personalities tbh

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

They waited too long and now they're too old. Not being ageist but this is just how it works and we all know this. If you want to be a (female) star you've got to get in there early. That's why Mariah, Beyoncé, Ariana, Britney, Taylor, Rihanna etc were all in their late teens/early 20s when they came out. There's one exception of a pop girl who started later in life and that's Madonna.

Edited by Burn
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

LM3 have done well so far and this thread is super premature with Perrie not even dropping her video yet and Jade not out

we don't talk about her. next!

• Like 1

love all 3 of them but yeah

the next girl group to produce solo stars/main pop girls is BLACKPINK just wait :sistrens:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tudors said:

I've never heard a little mix song so that's prone of the reasons

this is embarrassing for you luv

e9a92fc9-5f65-4b85-8631-62a24c340ef0-ezg 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

All 3 of them had singles within (or close to) top 10 on UK charts

3/5 5H girlies couldn't even chart on the Hot 100 

We all know how easy it is for that to happen, then they drop off quick. None of their streams are impressive.

5H still produced two stars. LM can't produce one, that's what the thread is about

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Isn't it too early to call Perrie's song a flop?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

this is embarrassing for you luv

e9a92fc9-5f65-4b85-8631-62a24c340ef0-ezg 

They are not even that famous. Less famous than fifth harmony.. Why do you think their solo careers failed 0be9a0b6c536c2532a82a584b02733f76417ffbc

Don't Say Love was #2 on the year-end chart and Forget About Us is predicted to debut at #6 ion the UK singles chart, and this is "flopping"?

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Who are the the 2 5H members are you on about :rip: US artists have it easier. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, 305 said:

We all know how easy it is for that to happen, then they drop off quick. None of their streams are impressive.

5H still produced two stars. LM can't produce one, that's what the thread is about

And look at them now :deadbanana2: so far only Camila had a huge era, Normani isn't consistent to be called a star. 
LM waited to long to debut anyway if Perrie would've debuted 7 years ago she'd be huge. 

• Like 2

Perrie's song is shaping up to be a hit in the UK and she's coming across well in her interviews. She has more personality than I thought.

Leigh-Anne's solo career is probably a write off but she was always the least popular and quietest member, and releasing a Mabel reject as her first single was a big mistake. If she'd put out My Love first then things could've been different.

Jesy self-sabotaged.

And we still have to wait and see for Jade who has a strong LGBTQ following even outside of LM stans.

I agree that they haven't helped themselves by taking so long to release, but Leigh-Anne and Perrie had children so they were never going to be able to get their material out within a year of the hiatus starting.

I don't think it's fair to say 5H have done better in comparison. Dinah, Ally, Lauren and (sadly) Normani are NOT doing well, and Camila's career is looking pretty washed up right now.

• Like 1

Perrie's song has been out for like 3 days. You can't really calm it a flop yet. Also, I feel like everyone kind of expected Leigh Anne to be the least successful. So we need to give Perrie more time and see what Jade has to offer. 

2 minutes ago, Gelato said:

Perrie's song is shaping up to be a hit in the UK and she's coming across well in her interviews. She has more personality than I thought.

Leigh-Anne's solo career is probably a write off but she was always the least popular and quietest member, and releasing a Mabel reject as her first single was a big mistake. If she'd put out My Love first then things could've been different.

Jesy self-sabotaged.

And we still have to wait and see for Jade who has a strong LGBTQ following even outside of LM stans.

I agree that they haven't helped themselves by taking so long to release, but Leigh-Anne and Perrie had children so they were never going to be able to get their material out within a year of the hiatus starting.

I don't think it's fair to say 5H have done better in comparison. Dinah, Ally, Lauren and (sadly) Normani are NOT doing well, and Camila's career is looking pretty washed up right now.

yah it's also not really a fair comparison anyhow

Camila self destructed 5H after 2 albums and took the budget with her 

LM lasted 6 albums, Jesy leaving was hardly a speed bump and then they still delivered new music and a huge tour before gracefully bowing out on top

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

And look at them now :deadbanana2: so far only Camila had a huge era, Normani isn't consistent to be called a star. 
LM waited to long to debut anyway if Perrie would've debuted 7 years ago she'd be huge. 

I think also what a lot of people seem to be missing is that, regardless of the Jesy fallout, they actually worked well together in a group and enjoyed being together. Lots of girl/boy group members use the group to boost their profile for a couple of eras before launching their solo career, but Little Mix always said they weren't particularly interested in going solo. SyCo wanted Perrie to go solo ages ago and she repeatedly turned them down.

It's pretty clear that these solo projects are them all trying out their own sounds before reuniting again. As a long time fan, I was never under the illusion that any of them would see massive success if they ever went solo. Leigh-Anne's management really messed up trying to market her as the next big thing when that was obviously never going to happen.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 305 said:

the second one who had to show instagram hole and have features to chart? Hasnt it been 6 years for a debut album?

We'll give yoy Camila tho

• Thumbs Down 1

there are many factors that go into this, first of all:

- the girls were mainly promoted in Europe, so they don't have support from a lot of markets.

- their careers are launching at an average age of 32, which is now considered old for most folks.

- time has passed and the Little Mix "mania" has faded in all of their key markets.

- the abrupt end as a group divided the entire fan base.

their public is very small/niche at this point. I don't think any of the girls have a chance to make it big all things considered. also, I don't think any of them are  "hungry for success" as they have already experienced in their own way.

Idk if it's bc she reminds of Tinashe, but I think Jade is the only one who can amass a solid fanbase as a solo artist as long as she abandons the kind of music she did with the group. So far none of them has made songs that couldn't be performed by Little Mix so there's no surprise factor going on to kickstart their solo careers.

Leigh-Anne's songs have been bland so far. Not to mention the lack of creativity when she's 3/3 when it comes to song titles having the word "love" in them :rip:

Perrie's is not my kind of song at all and I never found her voice (or presence in general) to be appealing. I can see her having a Taylor-lite lite lite lite lite lite kind of fanbase though so we'll see.

Edited by dumbsparce

??? 3/5 of the Fifth Harmony girls cannot even chart

Fifth Harmony had Camila and? The virals mocking them every week on twitter?

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

All 3 of them had singles within (or close to) top 10 on UK charts

3/5 5H girlies couldn't even chart on the Hot 100 

Only one that went top 10 was Jesy. Near top 10 is a flex now?

:bibliahh:

Normani and Camila multiple chart entries. Lauren #100 with Strangers so loud and wrong.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Burn said:

They waited too long and now they're too old. Not being ageist but this is just how it works and we all know this. If you want to be a (female) star you've got to get in there early. That's why Mariah, Beyoncé, Ariana, Britney, Taylor, Rihanna etc were all in their late teens/early 20s when they came out. There's one exception of a pop girl who started later in life and that's Madonna.

This

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.