Is Music one of the weirdest #1s of the century?

Virgos Groove

?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes, experimental dance QUEEN
    • No, it's generic af

How did this NOISE (complimentary) ever get played in US pop radio? :hoetenks:

It speaks to Madonna's power that she was able to make a song like this go #1. The US didn't even **** with French house like that, but they had to make an exception for the queen. :jonny:

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 2

Just now, Burn said:

I actually think it's one of her best singles :deadbanana:

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE it, but it's such an abrasive song compared to what Britney/Nsync/BSB were putting out. :deadbanana4:

Its such a cool timeless song and the Puff Daddy image/parody was genious because that was the height of that culture too.

Also itd a song for all ages and sexualities, probably one of the str8s madonna songs

Edited by LittleStarmen

I think it helped she was coming from the huge ROL.

Yup, glad it cut through the actual noise that was bubblegum pop and smash in the US (love Britney/BSB/NSYNC though!).

She was very intune with the music coming out from Daft Punk, Cassius, Modjo, etc. and came up with something just as good and with an unknown producer at that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Music era as a whole is such a kii. The folktronica sound with cowboy imagery, Music (single) being huge worldwide and the US while American Pie was a major international smash but lowkey flopped in the states :skull: Austin Powers being a part of the era, the terrible panned movies she released during that period, the lowkey birth of british madonna at that too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It still sounds as fresh as it did 24 years ago.

• Like 4

It's literally one of her best :huh:

Just now, HarajukuPrincess said:

It's literally one of her best :huh:

Who said otherwise? :huh:

4 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Who said otherwise? :huh:

Sorry, I only saw the title 

Melissa Villasenor Oops GIF by Saturday Night Live

Edited by HarajukuPrincess

one of the best songs on an overrated mess of an album, music and impressive instant are definitely career highlights but too bad about the rest... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

one of the best songs on an overrated mess of an album, music and impressive instant are definitely career highlights but too bad about the rest... 

Lana wishes she could make a Paradise (Not for Me)

artworks-KExjZ0FKI44r1czC-0RyrdQ-t500x500.jpg

• Like 2

???

It obviously aged a lot but was excellent

2 minutes ago, NOW said:

Lana wishes she could make a Paradise (Not for Me)

artworks-KExjZ0FKI44r1czC-0RyrdQ-t500x500.jpg

she has like 5 songs with the word paradise and a whole EP, i'm sure she'll be fine not making another one

ldr.thumb.gif.196baa30e7d1ade4ac43c7e6ea

This is one of the best instrumentals in pop music ever.

I remember around her SB in 2012 I was fascinated that it aged so well at that point. Now when double the time has passed, I am still so impressed.

its unique and an amazing song but neither poll result is correct lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnusualBoy said:

I think it helped she was coming from the huge ROL.

1000%.

If Madonna had gone straight from Evita to singing a ditty about muzak she would have been mocked if not laughed out of town completely. :rip:

It is a very odd song with a lot of unconventional bells and whistles going on at once. i watched this cool video recently that actually was able to analyze the file of the song with all of the layers and even hidden/unused stems that remained in the file, just muted. it actually shows a lot of cutting-room floor lyrical and vocal ideas she had for the song and also demonstrates how she just sorta came up with this song on the fly as they went on during the recording session from a lot of random ideas (it's basically a song about nothing)

this here is also a really cool chaotic mix i found (ignore the incendiary title lol)

• Like 1

Calling Music generic:rip: 
proof Atrl knows nothing about music composition 

1 hour ago, SupremeGoddess said:

Music era as a whole is such a kii. The folktronica sound with cowboy imagery, Music (single) being huge worldwide and the US while American Pie was a major international smash but lowkey flopped in the states :skull: Austin Powers being a part of the era, the terrible panned movies she released during that period, the lowkey birth of british madonna at that too.

it didn't flop in the US. It wasn't even released there :suburban:

The single was not released commercially in the United States, but it reached No. 29 on the Billboard Hot 100 due to strong radio airplay

Yes but there is a reason why she performed the smash at the SB. Runaway Lover deserved its success though!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.