More disastrous producer collab: will.i.am x BJ, Pharrell x Sweetener, Kevin P x RO?

stochastic

Which highly respected musician turned freelance producer has spawned a more controversial/polarizing record for the pop girl's respective discography? Discuss!

(Radical Optimism isn't out but we've basically heard a third of the album so we can extrapolate how the rest of the album will sound)

william_photo_by_charley_gallay_getty_images_entertainment_getty_84767270.jpgBritney_Jean.png

d9ww4tv0oj381.jpgSweetener_album_cover.png

1901_matt-sav_kevin-parker_1-1_wide-99d00f4de4f7f72eefe2d29c1d78f1ba655b9ad9.jpgda6608ab-c2e3-4d93-af3f-fc4dd6acea2a.d056c1556d52dca65651cd89d42813c5.jpeg?odnHeight=768&odnWidth=768&odnBg=FFFFFF

Why is Kevin Parker here :rip: 

• Like 2

will.i.am wasn't the issue with Britney Jean. The issue there was that Britney had her freedom stripped and she couldn't put any effort into the album. We don't even know if she even attempted to record a few songs on that album.

Sweetener is half unlistenable, so it may be my pick.

• Thanks 1

Kevin Parker. We should've left him in 2015.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Everything I've heard from RO so far was great :clap3: Can't say the same about will.i.am's abominations

Nawt Walmart doing exclusive vinyls now :dies:

Anyway, I guess William and BJ.

Pharrell x Sweetener is actually not that bad 

blazed is happy to listen to

• Like 1

All of them are awful

William productions are really generic and sometimes just straight awful
Pharell has more inventive productions but they feel very cheap and amateurish beats. Like he needs to polish the songs.
He was good when he was in the neptunes
Kevin is a fanstatic producer with his music but with the popgirls is a no :giraffe:

Edited by AvadaKedavra

Kevin is talented but I think his work just doesn't mesh well with the mainstream. But that's not the main issue with Dua this era, it's the disconnect between the visuals & the music, + the lack of thematic growth. Hallucinate or One Kiss could slide right into this era :rip: 

Pharrell and Kevin Parker aren't bad :rip:

will.i.am ......now that was an abomination :gaycat7:

Inb4 someone mentions Jack Antonoff

Kevin & Dua literally gave us Houdini so please remove him from this!

Edited by mercurialworld

In terms of sheer and I mean SHEER disappointment, Kevin Parker because ain't no way the singles should sound this generic with him at the wheel. Like Dua where is your 

All these bangers and bops and you give us Training Season, Houdini and Illusion? Like where is Psych Pop, WHERE ARE THE BANGERS?

Edited by Phaunzie
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

just admit youre a pathetic success stan, like... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sweetener is amazing and RO is shaping to be good aswell. BJ is unlistenable save for a few tracks. 

Can we add Ronson and Joanne or does it have to be a musician turned producer?

Britney Jean is one of the worst albums ever tbh. Like... Even if Britney had sang those songs produced by Will.I.Am, They still would've been garbage. Dua's songs aren't Bad, just blah and Ariana's work with Pharrell was good, just an acquired taste. Clear winner here 

• Like 1

Sweetener is my favorite Ariana album and Radical Optimism is shaping up to at least equal Future Nostalgia for me, so Myah Marie is the only option

• Like 2

Pharrell's songs on Sweetener, in addition to the three singles, are the best songs on that album and are all discography highlights :deadbanana4:

Kevin's production for Dua might take some getting used to for some of y'all, but I think it's pretty great 

Britney Jean was obviously a f*cking disaster

• Like 1

Britney Jean by far 

1 hour ago, stochastic said:

(Radical Optimism isn't out but we've basically heard a third of the album so we can extrapolate how the rest of the album will sound)

And your "extrapolation" is that this is gonna be as bad as Britney Jean? Homosexuals CHI :rip:

All mega disastrous I can't choose omg, some of the worst music of all time came from these sessions

Edited by Post Malone
  • Confused 1

Sweetener was abysmal

BJ is a guilty pleasure

RO isn't bad

Radical Optimism is great so far. Why would this even be an option.

Blazed is one of my favorite Ariana songs, what others did Pharrell produce? :huh:

Either way it's impossible their work could possibly be worse than Britney Jean :rip:

Edited by Johnny Cash

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.