Is downvoting opinions valid?

Machete

Is downvoting opinions valid?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is downvoting opinions valid?

Often times on ATRL I see posts with simple opinions like "I don't like x song" "x album isn't good" getting downvoted. The post will not even be disrespectful or dragging an artist/music yet it will still receive downvotes.

Is this a valid use of the downvote button? Are people who downvote opinions wrong to do so?

Discuss.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 38

Who cares, it's just imaginary points on an Internet forum

Some people would also say it's better to have any kind of reaction instead of nothing, even if it's negative :giraffe:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yes as long as they aren't my opinions :flower3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mostly downvote for comedic effect. If a basic opinion has a few downvotes, I think it's funny to add to it, even if I agree. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 2

I mean, it's just internet points so it doesn't matter at the end of the day, but it does say a lot about a member when they downvote every mildly critical post about their fav.

:clack:

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

the downvote lol

No, stop being a coward and come tell me why you disagree rather than hiding behind an ugly thumb

:clack:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

• ATRL Administrator
14 minutes ago, Machete said:

Is this a valid use of the downvote button?

Yes but it’s poor taste tbh 

• Like 1

downvoting in general is kinda corny to me. But it's also not something to take seriously anyway, so :michael:

• Like 1

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

i only downvote if the user is a stupid ***** 

Basically yeah, if someone says something straight up idiotic that's not even worth disagreeing with then I downvote. If it's just something I don't agree with then I'd rather reply to them then just fume and downvote.

People who downvote jokes at their fave's expense are just humourless though :toofunny2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Yes, I do it in real life all the time so why not here too.

• Haha 1

It just causes more drama.

I've never downvoted (or was "confused by") a single comment bc I find it to be extremely childish. Like, I imagine an angry kid just yelling into the void whenever some pressed girl dislikes an opinion of mine they don't agree with. If it bothers you so much be an adult and debate me by quoting. Whoever thinks a downvote is some sort of a statement or punishment is a ***** ass weak *****

If somebody is just being a snot, then the downvote is fair. But there are far too many downvotes because people are offended somebody dared to not like an artist or song that they like.

It's not a big deal. Just kinda annoying when someone is mad downvoting just cuz of fandom wars or other immaturity. 

i laugh anytime someone (or myself) gets downvoted. esp when its a simple opinion. 

• Haha 1

only those who get pressed easily do, i argue with people all the time whenever i sense some sort of gaslighting coming from them and i dont even bother downvoting (im talking other social medias), the sad thing is that u can say **** that you get silenced so justice doesnt come

on here you cant say **** too even if youre right

I get downvoted by the most random people ever, I find it hilarious actually.

I find it funny how most people take them so personally to the point of going to someone's profile just to downvote all their recent content as if that would change anything 

• Like 1

World War III starting and this is your area of focus

C1ZigHz.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

OP after you suggesting deleting DESERT EAGLE, II HANDS II HEAVEN and SWEET HONEY BUCKIN off Cowboy Carter, I think that's a ban-able offense, let alone a downvote :emofish:

Depends what the opinion is. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.