Which legend’ most recent album is the best?

Solaria

Legends most recent album  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which legend’ most recent album is the best?

spacer.png

Discuss!

Caution clears 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

My vote goes to Madame X! A very conflicting album for Madonna stans, some love it some hate it. I consider it a return to form for her after the mediocre Repel Charts. Yes this album is messy in some parts and a little overbearing, but it did did feel more artistically daring and challenging than her other 2010s output. It also has bops for days with Medellín, ***** I'm Loca, God Control, I Don't Search I Find

spacer.png

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Solaria said:

My vote goes to Madame X! A very conflicting album for Madonna stans, some love it some hate it. I consider it a return to form for her after the mediocre Repel Charts. Yes this album is messy in some parts and a little overbearing, but it did did feel more artistically daring and challenging than her other 2010s output. It also has bops for days with Medellín, ***** I'm Loca, God Control, I Don't Search I Find

spacer.png

Nawr its trew its trew

Caution is great but it plays too safe within the Mariah Carey musical realm. 

Despite all the bashing - the answer remains the underrated Madame X (which, wasn't even trashed by critics the way ATRL makes it seem). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Caution is great but it plays too safe within the Mariah Carey musical realm. 

Despite all the bashing - the answer remains the underrated Madame X (which, wasn't even trashed by critics the way ATRL makes it seem). 

I´ve never been really able to connect with Caution. I know it´s a fan fave for Lambs and considered one of her best.. but I´ve just never seen much replay value in it.

16 minutes ago, makeme said:

Caution clears 

Caution is amazing, Madame X great. 

Don't know the others. :gaycatina1:

Céline :heart:

• Like 1

Courage > Madame X > Caution

I have not listened to the Janet album.

• Like 1

Cowboy Carter 🐎

Caution with ease :rip: 

Madame X is a mess. Idk why other fans pretend it's experimental when it's very 2018 trend hopping 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Caution:gayriahcat2:

Me being the only vote for Unbreakable currently is criminal--

Caution also fantastic.

Caution clears. Unbreakable is fine, Madame X is too messy. Haven't heard Courage.

Caution and Unbreakable are excellent. Unbreakable gets my vote which is partially biased because I'm a huge Janet stan - but I genuinely think it's one of her best and a fantastic record. Modern, excellently produced and arranged and has a huge variety of styles. It's a very confessional album too and I love that about it. Some people think the second half slogs which is fair but I think it's still very strong. Caution is also very strong and fun and consistent and it's a shame Mimi doesn't like it that much.

Madame X... is... an interesting album. I admire its artistry and the fact it sets out to do something unconventional but I think the execution is a miss, especially the vocals and a lot of the lyrics. It's not a boring album at all, it's just not something I get too lost in either. The concepts are intriguing but the music itself isn't always up to par for me, though Medillín and God Control are great.

I've never listen to Courage.

• Like 1

Tension clears with ease

Hands alone>>>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I love them all, but Unbreakable. It's pretty consistent throughout, with a lot of stellar songs and moments. "Shoulda Known Better" became one of my top favorite songs of all time on arrival. I wish she would have promoted it a bit more heavily. The album is loaded with songs that could have been hits.

• Like 1

Caution sweetie 

Caution by a vast ocean 

Caution easily. Madame X is better quality than Rebel Hearts but I never got into the style of music

Yesterday, I compiled a list of my top 500 most streamed albums since 2011. And so, this is my result:

#002 - 6,896 streams - 2018 - Caution

#096 - 1,703 streams - 2019 - Madame X

#106 - 1,625 streams - 2015 - Unbreakable

#164 - 1,151 streams - 2019 - Courage

Individually through the years:

Caution:

2018 - 2,721 streams

2019 - 3,565 streams

2020 - 265 streams

2021 - 97 streams

2022 - 169 streams

2023 - 57 streams

2024 - 16 streams

Madame X:

2019 - 1,607 streams

2020 - 51 streams

2021 - 0 streams

2022 - 4 streams

2023 - 6 streams

2024 - 26 streams

Unbreakable:

2015 - 1,031 streams

2016 - 317 streams

2017 - 38 streams

2018 - 117 streams

2019 - 19 streams

2020 - 14 streams

2021 - 4 streams

2022 - 17 streams

2023 - 46 streams

2024 - 22 streams

Courage:

2019 - 659 streams

2020 - 435 streams 

2021 - 0 streams

2022 - 0 streams

2023 - 8 streams

2024 - 0 streams

I am so proud of myself that I always provide the receipts for my votes. Based on 2024 streaming activity alone, I'm voting for Madame X. 

• Like 1

Unbreakable and Caution >>¦

Haven't heard the Celine album. Love the other 3, voted Caution because it's the only one that felt like the artist was still at their peak. Unbreakable and Madame X have higher highs but truly boring lows.

Edited by Sheep

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.