'SOS' becomes most streamed album by a black woman

Jjang

Deserved, amazing album :clap3:

Blind, Seek & Destroy and Nobody Gets Me did that :clap3:

and still doing 10m+ daily and the deluxe is yet to come :ghostface:

Absolutely deserved :clap3: 

Is Kiss Me More the most streamed song by a black female? Kill Bill should be claiming that title soon :duca: 

our black girls making history all 2024. :jonny5:

Open Arms, its power Iktr.

Go off sza now give us LANA

IMG_4272.gif?ex=6622e7ee&is=661072ee&hm=

16 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Is Kiss Me More the most streamed song by a black female? Kill Bill should be claiming that title soon :duca: 

I don't know if this is the definitive answer but "All I Want For Christmas Is You" has more streams than either of them.

I can see it flip-flopping between "Kill Bill" and "AIWFCIY" this year, but "Kill Bill" should have the title in the long run.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, kimberly said:

I don't know if this is the definitive answer but "All I Want For Christmas Is You" has more streams than either of them.

I can see it flip-flopping between "Kill Bill" and "AIWFCIY" this year, but "Kill Bill" should have the title in the long run.

KB already has that when you count the sped up version. 2B+ when you count the Doja remix. 

Edited by Jjang

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

KB already has that when you count the sped up version. 2B+ when you count the Doja remix. 

eh, we're not talking about manual calculations. AIWFCIY also has several additional versions, including the Justin Bieber duet with over 100 million streams.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, kimberly said:

eh, we're not talking about manual calculations. AIWFCIY also has several additional versions, including the Justin Bieber duet with over 100 million streams.

I'm talking about Kiss Me More and non-seasonal songs. 

I mean, most songs these days get their streams merged anyway. It's just a conscious decision made by the label.

EDIT: Also I just calculated and KB has more streams when all versions combined. 

Edited by Jjang
  • Like 1

This feels like such an arbitrary record since streaming has only been popular for a about 10 years. :deadbanana2:

wow 

the impact this era had cannot be underestimated 

• Like 1

And this is without the Streams of Saturn or the Deluxe release :deadvision:

9 hours ago, Onyxmage said:

This feels like such an arbitrary record since streaming has only been popular for a about 10 years. :deadbanana2:

was it arbitrary when albums were breaking sales records in the 70s/80s?

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

was it arbitrary when albums were breaking sales records in the 70s/80s?

no? why would that be arbitrary? Sales were traditionally physical since the start of modern music. 

8 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

no? why would that be arbitrary? Sales were traditionally physical since the start of modern music. 

which by the 70s had only been around for 20 years. So were all those records arbitrary then? 

Two incredible albums :clap3:Congrats SZA!😊

This album is quite literally life changing, congrats to her  :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.