Tinashe - 'QUANTUM BABY'

kyliefever2002

9 hours ago, Supervillain said:

She recorded more songs in Nasty's and NBB's vein… but I hope she takes more time cause I don't like them much and I'm glad she's still working on new stuff. 

Well… we've lost her

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nuclear

• PartyFavor

• crf13

• Tinashebanks

Y'all are so dramatic. Come the hell down :biblio:

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, crf13 said:

Well… we've lost her

Well clearly not cause she still gave us Thirsty, Cross That Line and WIGYA :dies: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Well clearly not cause she still gave us Thirsty, Cross That Line and WIGYA :dies: 

This is true!! Career highlights… we just need her to not give up on the mixtape/Nightride sound. I feel like Save Room For Us is the best balance of pleasing the fans and giving the GP something they can also get into.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, nuclear said:

Y'all are so dramatic. Come the hell down :biblio:

It wouldn't be a proper Tinashe thread without weekly meltdowns and detailed career intervention essays. 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Supervillain said:

She recorded more songs in Nasty's and NBB's vein… but I hope she takes more time cause I don't like them much and I'm glad she's still working on new stuff. 

Well since you're obviously close in her circle, I hope you're honest with her and tell her you don't like the music.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Cross that line grew off me as quickly as it grew on…

anyway, thirsty, wigya, and nbb are top 3 on this me thinks, with red flags at a close 4 yeah I said it.mp3

Edited by Contessa

I hope she keeps working with Zack Sekoff but does less redundant stuff. He did amazing work on Vince's Big Fish Theory :gaycat3:

I kinda do hope she brings in co-writers, these songs are starting to sound like they about Ben a lil too much.
It's triggering me:suburban:

Edited by Tinashebanks
  • Haha 7

On 8/29/2024 at 4:27 PM, crf13 said:

Well… we've lost her

I'm confused dp yall want her to be a main pop girl like yes or no. Yall complain about her not being everywhere and then once she is try and gatekeep her

On 8/29/2024 at 5:12 PM, crf13 said:

This is true!! Career highlights… we just need her to not give up on the mixtape/Nightride sound. I feel like Save Room For Us is the best balance of pleasing the fans and giving the GP something they can also get into.

But the GP didn't get into it though. I need her to bring back NASHE and give us a full projects of relentless bangers 

• Like 2

On 8/28/2024 at 1:11 PM, Tinashebanks said:

When she does a feature run post tour with a K-pop act & releases physical variants with photo cards 

tinashe-nasty.gif

Manifesting a collab with Jennie, Jeon Somi, Lisa, CL, Hyolyn asap

On 8/28/2024 at 5:39 PM, YoungDreamer said:

Nashe is on Danja studios again

Can he give her a Britney type banger once and for all. 

On 8/28/2024 at 5:44 PM, Tinashebanks said:

Really hope we get some Britney Blackout era referenced Pop bangers! 

Warning would be a fantastic reference for Tinashe 

On 8/28/2024 at 5:56 PM, rockwitu08 said:

I need her to give me an "Ammunition" type bop or like "Break the Ice" "Get Back" style ugggg

He needs to give Tinashe her own Get Naked and Perfect Lover asap

On 8/28/2024 at 7:11 PM, PartyFavor said:

She said she might flip the whole script for part 3 so maybe it will be sounds she hasn't fully explored yet. She is overdue for some breathy real britney-esque songs. Serve us a Breathe On Me and Freakshow.

BLUR has entered the chat 

On 8/29/2024 at 3:37 AM, nuclear said:

I wish she could get the Neptunes (yeah I know ) or Pharrell in there as well. Tinashe + Danja+ Neptunes/pharrell  could be magic. The music industry seems to be headed to early 2000's throwback (can't believe I said that).

I think nasty has changed the vision for part 3, we might get more upbeat, hopefully some uptempo dancy records. 

Bloodshy and Avant while we're at it

On 8/29/2024 at 3:42 AM, nuclear said:

Part 1 and part 2 is the full original album minus NBB and Nasty. Part 3 is the music after, that she is still working on. The music she working on now some probably end up in part 3 , while some of the rest most likely be part of the project after part 3. 

After this no more splitting the albums into parts bullshit. She still owes us a proper PopNashe record, a full dance uptempo record and for sure a KaytraNashe joint project

On 8/29/2024 at 3:51 AM, Goofy said:

she probably has enough songs for part III, but after Nasty and NBB's inital response I think she realized it's time for a full on catchy & more uptempo record. 

More DJ collabs and high profile features. Link up with Black Coffee, Miguel, Charli XCX, Tove Lo, Nicki Minaj, Tyga, Silk City, SG Lewis, Bloodpop, Cirkut, Doja Cat, Ciara, Usher, Missy Elliott, Timbaland, Anitta, Kehlani, Victoria Monét, MNEK, Tyla and Ayra Starr 

Crazy how she's going so hard to stick with this 3 EP plan but couldn't be bothered to give a deluxe edition of Songs For You smfh justice for Grateful, Hopeless, Pay Me and Second Hand Heart

• Like 1

She's recorded more nasty/NBB-like songs but if there's one thing Tinashe does while creating projects, its switch up randomly and QUICKLY 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

But the GP didn't get into it though. I need her to bring back NASHE and give us a full projects of relentless bangers 

An album full of songs in the vein of Nasty, No Broke Boys, Throw a Fit, Link Up, etc. would be critically panned (the one thing we've never had to worry about with her) and the GP isn't going to gag over songs like that. They're going to look at her as an artist that can only do one specific sound, and it's not like those songs provide her with artistic growth. If anything, they are a regression of what she can actually do when she challenges herself. An album full of that would also turn off her core base, something she cannot afford to do just to try and please some pop fans who only want one sound from her. The last thing she should do is abandon a sound that garnered her a core base from her mixtape days just bc the GP isn't going back and listening to an album released without any promotion from her RCA days. 

And that's not to say the songs I listed are bad. They are fun bops, but they're not indicative of who she is as an artist, and we don't need the GP, who aren't familiar with her beyond a few of her singles, thinking that's all she can do. 

• Thanks 5

On 8/29/2024 at 5:14 PM, crf13 said:

It wouldn't be a proper Tinashe thread without weekly meltdowns and detailed career intervention essays. 

Snow Army would never treat her like this. Book those Asia dates legend!

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2024 at 9:45 PM, Tinashebanks said:

I kinda do hope she brings in co-writers, these songs are starting to sound like they about Ben a lil too much.
It's triggering me:suburban:

Let go of her braids! Stop pulling hair!

:clack:

I like this project but Part 1 is miles better lbr

tinashe-nasty.gif

• Thanks 8

Not her finally selling match my freak ep CDs :toofunny3: isn't it a little too late ? :skull:. Unless she has a plan… months ago would have really helped nasty. 

Edited by nuclear
  • Thanks 1

I am thankful for the work nice life has done numerous times with nasty. Sometimes I wonder what is her deal with nice life since sometimes she still operate and move like she was during SFY/333 era. 

Wasnt she in the studio with Danja recently?? Imagine if we got her BLACKOUT :jonny5:

14 hours ago, nuclear said:

Not her finally selling match my freak ep CDs :toofunny3: isn't it a little too late ? :skull:. Unless she has a plan… months ago would have really helped nasty. 

Like, we needed these cds back in July….

I'm actually surprised she got so many vinyl variants for this project. Indie retail stores will be able to get the records so ask your local record store to order your copy (even though the exclusive is mad ugly:fan:). Most places will order more than one copy and it would be so cool to see her on record store shelves!

Spoiler

Sorry if this should be in the vinyl thread, I figured it was more relevant to the album thread.

1 hour ago, crf13 said:

Omg as if her being relegated to a VMAs presenter isn't annoying enough, she filmed for this new season of Selling Sunset with Chrishell and it was cut from the season… 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_lCFhXpYqF/?igsh=OGo4bzlhc3J2eHV1

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Well now the prophecy is about completed :lmao: I don't why things like this always happen to her. She such a good person too. 

They couldn't even offer a preshow and/or MTV push/extend play stage or something?

They got Jessie Murph performing but couldn't give Tinashe anything. Why she even going? I don't why I am so upset when I could see this coming months ago. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.