🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 The Finale Entries (pg.684)

thecptz

• Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

iyla - strings - very ariana vibes, this pop trap sound is very dated to me and idk the chorus sounds disjointed with the rest of the song so it's a very bumpy and unlikeable listen for me

denise julia - b.a.d. - she's coming for shay lia's wig with the royalty free beat, her vocals are pleasant but the chorus is repetitive and i found it hard to stay attentive to it. and then the rap feature put the final nail in the coffin

rosalia - delirio de grandeza - this album grew on me a lot and i have a lot of respect to it now but lets be for real, no one's touching this album's existence except for like 4 songs unless we are listening to the full album. so yeah idk what the **** i just listened to, it just does not work without the context of the full album and its theatrics etc. this was absolutely unlistenable noise now

ojerime - im actually screaming the way camila sampled thisΒ :WAP:Β wellΒ i didnt understand what was going on with the repetition of the same couple lines over and over but it made sense now after having finished the full track, it was very entrancing and elements kept creeping in like the trumpet etc yes i like this

mya - down - what is this medieval reggaeton bopΒ :WAP:Β she has a distinct voice and the beat was very minimalistic yet complementary, an easy listen

artms - virtual angel - im so used to hearing rnb songs the last like 5 rounds this started as utter noiseΒ :deadbanana2:Β wellΒ it's so flat vocally like i didn't connect at all. and the instrumental is just generic noise. the production choices are also very boring and predictable like when the beat would stop and the effects that are used. so there is nothing interesting in this to me. like this sounds like any song in the ever so let's move on darlings

iyla - Strings: some aspects I liked I was vibing but every time that cheap beat kicked in it kinda took me out of it tbh, but overall still decent for meΒ 

Denise Julia - B.A.D.: it's not hitting me hard like her other song sent this season but it's fine. feature added absolutely nothing of value to thisΒ 

charlotte dos santos - angel in disguise - i remember skimming through this album to decide on the song i would send and i debunked everything but away from you which stood out to me. i mean this sounds good but its giving me more of a deep cut vibes, it doesn't attempt to pull me into listening or keeping me engaged. im sure in the context of the rest of the album its impact is more clear, but as a standalone here it doesn't really make a strong impressionΒ 

ROSALÍA - DELIRIO DE GRANDEZA: she's cute... one of the better songs on this album for me but that's saying almost nothing

sidibe - diamond in the desert - best song so far alert, this washed everything i fear… wow enticing vocals and production and it just sounds so classic and timeless? as i was listening i was really intrigued as to when its giving it was released, like i could see it being from 1997 and like 2024 at the same time which is like crazyΒ :jonny2:Β 

Ojerime - Give It Up 2 Me: I quite like this, very nice and relaxing and I love the sax

1 hour ago, Auburn said:

ok well that's why you are out and we are not

galactacardi-girl-bob-laugh.gif

Because you guys boxed yourselves into nothing but indie pop and alternate R&BΒ 

• Thanks 1

MΓ½a - Down: the instrumental is a bit simple but I like that she adds a lot of interesting vocal embellishments to the song which brings it up for me

2 minutes ago, Auburn said:

Ojerime - Give It Up 2 Me: I quite like this, very nice and relaxing and I love the sax

wait not i called it a trumpet :kii6:

• Haha 1

katie - thinking bout you - sounds mega spotify radio core, very generic and uninteresting and the lyrics were near laughable for me. if this is from the artms sender i see a pattern sweetie

ARTMS - Virtual Angel: it's not bad but it also kinda passed me by, I just feel like I heard many things like it before

Charlotte Dos Santos - Angel in Disguise: really enjoyΒ this, she's been a great discovery this season for me

kimbra - carolina - i really like the idea of the melody repeated in the song. the full song tho just feels badly executed. it was super repeated in the first half of the song and i was waiting for it to switch up and it kinda took forever. and then when it did 1:30 it was just bad and it also became so busy with noisy instruments and it feels like the song was just not really thought out besides the one catchy melody. so yeah i don't really like this

Edited by Post Malone

india shawn - superfine - her voice is so pretty. i also love the lyrical content about putting herself first while the beat is so mellow and feels like it belongs to a love song actually. so it's giving a love song to herself, thats a cool way to convey this message. my only complaint is that the song is kinda disjointed bc in the middle it switched to like a pt.2 that is as long as the first half so it was kind of a weird decision to put them in the same track

Edited by Post Malone

Sidibe - Diamond in the Desert: this is stunningly gorgeous wow

KATIE - Thinkin Bout You: this is nice albeit a bit nondescript imo, there's something about the beat I really like tho

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.