🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 The Finale Entries (pg.684)

thecptz

• ATRL Moderator

Candy-O - risky!

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

Mary - this hallucinate knock-off...

• ATRL Moderator

Ruined - wait this is great, maybe i should finally listen to this album

• ATRL Moderator

Birds of a Feather - EXCELLENCE

• ATRL Moderator

Spring Is Coming With A Strawberry In The Mouth - cute choice

• ATRL Moderator

Love Bites - kinda aΒ  bop

• ATRL Moderator

Backstabber - out of all of her songs...

• ATRL Moderator

Sour Candy - i despise this song with all my heart

• Haha 3

• ATRL Moderator

Depi nor Irakanutyun - it's no lovewave x

• ATRL Moderator

Begging - EXCELLENCE

• ATRL Moderator

Alaska - great legendaric

• ATRL Moderator

Ghosts - Overrated was right there

• ATRL Moderator

Candy Girl - Ava Max's discography is art when compared to this

• Haha 2

• ATRL Moderator

Be Your Girl - so underrated, love this choice

• ATRL Moderator

Closer - not bad

• ATRL Moderator

sever the blight - not a fave

Posted (edited)

Caroline Polachek - Spring Is Coming With A Strawberry In The MouthΒ 

Β 

The harmonies, the instrumentation...God was present in the studio when she recorded this, it's the only explanation. One of those songs that - when you hear it - really puts into perspective how lucky we are to have music in our lives.

Edited by nostalgic

COMEBACK

Β 

Alemeda - First Love Song: this was very nice!!!! I loved the kinda teen rock old school feel of the production and the vocals and melodies were great, lemme saving to my library

Β 

Mitski - Bug Like An Angel: quite gorgeous but it gets pretty overshadowed in this group unfortunately, and I do feel like there were better choices from this album either way, but I like it

Β 

Kylie Minogue - Things We Do For Love: she is my mother but this album didn't age very well for me sadly, this is still one of the best songs on it though so of course I boppediana

Β 

Dua Lipa - Happy For You: a very euphoric and cinematic song, it works stunningly as an album closer and overall it is a great songΒ 

Flyleaf - I'm Sorry - I'm not a genre purist so even tho this is the sound I expected for this round, I don't care for it…

Mazzy Star - Blue Light - Cute for a background listen but a little too long I fear

Rachel Chinouriri - The Hills - I enjoyed the instrumental but I think her voice doesn't really suit it

The Veronicas - Invisible - Kinda generic but boppy enough for points

Charlotte Sands - spite - Actually lemme be a genre purist for this, didn't enjoy it at all

Caroline Loveglow - Happy Happy - This was kinda just there, might get low points from me

Wet Leg - Wet Dream - **** these industry plantsΒ :sistrens:

beabadoobee - Don't get the deal - I like this one!

Hannah Jadagu - What You Did - This one too! A nice discovery lemme save the album

Katy Perry - Circle The Drain - Never been one of my faves from ha, should've sent an OOTB track

The Cardigans - Communication - A beautiful song and i'm glad i'm not a 120 bpm f**got

Hannah Jadagu - Lose - Preferred her other song but still nice

Britney Spears - Lonely - I adore this song, I always found it a bit similar to Janet's What About, both Rock/R&B fusion anthems!!Β 

Shakira - DΓ³nde EstΓ‘n los Ladrones - Don't really care much about this one but mi gente latino

Paramore - Miracle - Cute standard paramore song, at least it's not from their last dud of an album

The Cranberries - Sunday - Um idk I really like her voice but this one didn't move me much :emofish:

Rachel Chinouriri - Never Need Me - Um idk idkΒ :katie:

Weyes Blood - Twin Flame - Everyone gang dragging Godney Billboardney but like there's no rock elements in this one!! Anyways I like the chorus hookΒ 

Michelle Branch - 'Til I Get Over You - Queen of frenchΒ 

Wednesday - Chosen to Deserve - This is qualitea yeah :jamming:

Nelly Furtado, Tove Lo, SG Lewis - Love Bites

Β 

This woman created Loose and was once on top of the musical world. WOOF - the fall from grace. Pray for her to find her way back. This was not a well thought out choice and I think you know that (plus it came out 2 days ago, what?)

Kesha - Backstabber

Β 

Trashy pop in the best way. While I love this album, it was of its time and definitely aged more than bit. I'm not sure it's good enough to bump out any of the other great songs on this list.

COMEBACK

Β 

Billie Eilish - CHIHIRO: goooorgeous song, the synth work in this is soooo stunning and ethereal

Β 

Carla Wehbe - You Make Me Sick: what is this mega banger bopiana waitttttt

Β 

Ashley Tisdale - Erase And Rewind: weird ass choice but we are bopping

Β 

Dua Lipa - These Walls: I love Dua and this song is nice but it feels a bit watered down, I definitely prefer Happy For You but you will be getting some points too (maybe if you sent Falling Forever)

Lady Gaga, BLACKPINK - Sour Candy

Β 

Where to begin...a disaster. I see people praising this and silently think to myself, "how? what are you hearing?" An artist of Gaga's caliber being reduced to singing a juvenile glorified K-pop song while simultaneously being upstaged by the group she's collabing with, it's nauseating. This is beneath them both, but Gaga especially.

Iveta Mukuchyan -Β Depi nor Irakanutyun

Β 

Armenian bops, come throughΒ :WAP:Β it's nice to see some linguistic diversity in here (with the exception of Sour Candy). Moderate chance of some points.

COMEBACK

Β 

LSDXOXO - J'adore: ouuu this is fun, I loved the beat and the production and I'd definitely go off to this at the club while grinding on my manΒ 

Β 

Ravyn Lenae - Love Me Not: this is very goooood!! I was never fully able to get into her last album but I feel like this sound fits her way better/I like it better

Β 

The Cars - Candy-O: mama this troll ass entry... there is no way you thought you would come back to the game with this

Β 

Ditonellapiaga - Mary: this was kinda fun but the vocals got pretty gratingΒ 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.