🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 The Finale Entries (pg.684)

thecptz

Maggie Rogers - AlaskaΒ  ~ could never get into her music.Β  Β Lindemann >>> RogersΒ :gaycat5:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Alldeezy said:

Maggie Rogers - AlaskaΒ  ~ could never get into her music.Β  Β Lindemann >>> RogersΒ :gaycat5:

It's unfortunate that Miss Lindemann underperformed both times this season.

SiobhΓ‘n Donaghy - Ghosts ~Β  .... interestingΒ 

Just now, MusicLoverDude said:

It's unfortunate that Miss Lindemann underperformed both times this season.

yeah she's too underrated sadly :weeps:Β only reason why I never sent Nessa Barrett because atrl doesn't seem to like those two so much

Goldilox - Candy GirlΒ  ~ she sounds a little like tkay.Β 

Teedra Moses - Be Your Girl ~ This is giving me spice girls vibes and idk why.Β 

Corinne Bailey Rae - Closer ~ this is ok .. but not great.Β 

hemlocke springs - sever the blight ~ something i'd hear on triple J :,)

Β 

those last 3 were kinda skips after the first minute :laugh:

• Haha 1

Alemeda - First Love Song: Okayyy! Love the twinkling production. The flittering melodies in the vereses/pre are brimming with energy, but the energy dips for me in the chorus which was somewhat underwhelming... Overall very impressed with this discovery though.

Mitski - Bug Like an Angel: I like how the intimate vibe draws you in and I appreciate the storytelling element. However the choir style chorus wasn't pleasant for me and it's not something I would care to hear again.

Kylie Minogue - Things We Do For Love: Queen of pop Kylie serving another flawless banger!!! That chorus is a rush of euphoria. This jam would make me go absolutely feral in a club. The way this bridge is a bigger collapse than Baltimore'sΒ :gaycat1:

Dua Lipa - Happy For You: First of all this was a lazy choice. Secondly, this track is kinda a snooze tbh, the whole thing is way too busy. The melodies are swallowed up by a wall of sound. Your shameless attempt at a points grab will not work on meΒ :giraffe:

Billie Eilish - CHIHIRO: Not two lullabies back to back!Β :zzz:Β Hope the group TANKS you like they did that TTPD track for these loophole shenanigans.

Carla Wehbe - You Make Me Sick: Finally some f.u.c.k.ing ENERGY!!! I'm digging the funky production and the chorus absolutely slaps. Obsessed with how the bridge empties out and that guitar comes in.

Ashley Tisdale - Erase and Rewind: Ohhh now this is the kind of girly 00's bubblegum pop that I absolutely f.u.c.k. with! That anthemic chorus is so infectious. Living for the dramatics, it's so bratty. I don't wanna sound DESPERATE but I AM!

• Like 1

Dua Lipa - These Walls: This is slightly less middling than the other Dua track, so kudos mama, I guess…

LSDXOXO - J'adore: Okay club BANGER!!! I appreciate a track that makes me wanna hop on the dance floor, not sure I can say the same the rest of these faguettes. The cheeky lyrics are so fun! You'll def be seeing points from me divaΒ :chick1:

Ravyn Lenae - Love Me Not: It took ELEVEN! people to write a song this mediocre, let's let that sink in… no surprise that the worst thing to happen to pop music (since Nipplegate) Sarah Aarons (writer of the middle) is 1/11th to blameΒ :gaycat7:

Β 

Anderson is guilty here too! I have the same problem here that I did with Silk Sonic's material: This is so interested in being slick and clean (re: melodically/produced) that they scoured off any potential of finding something interesting.

• Haha 2

The Cars - Candy-O: Ohhh the intro… Those synths! That guitar solo!!!! There was a moment when the vocals amped up and got deep and gravelly where I was LIVING, but they quickly pulled back. I wanted my Jukebox Hero moment from this so bad! Too bad it never got there and sorta came and went. Not too shabby though.

Ditonellapiaga - Mary: OKAYYYYYY! Why does this feel like a better version of Dua's new album tho!!!! ijbol. This is freaking phenomenal! The way it expertly builds into a dance floor BANGAH!

Β 

AH-AH-AH-AH!Β :jonny5:

AI-AI-AI-AI!Β :WAP:

This will be seeing MAJOR points!

Alemeda - First Love SongΒ 

Β 

I like the mellow vibes even though it is not instantly too involving. Her voice is all melting buttery which I also vibe with.Β 

Adrianne Lenker - Ruined: Wow, now THIS is how a torch song is done! No gimmicks. No hiding.

Just raw, honest vulnerability. The trembling vocals :chick3:Β The discordant piano bridge :chick3:Β This is like being let in on a private moment. So stunning, so captivating.

Billie Eilish - BIRDS OF A FEATHER: Congrats on choosing the better Billie song, but you will NOT be seeing points from me. You could choose ANY song you wanted with this round and this is what you have to offer? Where was the effort!? Where was the imagination!? We were rooting for you! We were ALL rooting for you! How DARE you!?Β :deadbanana2:

Mitski - Bug Like an AngelΒ 

Β 

The best song on this album is Buffalo Replaced and that one would more instantly fight for the win. What I like about Bug Angel is the urgency of the chorus and toned down simmering instrumentation dosed just enough.Β 

Kylie Minogue - Things We Do for Love

Β 

Not so much moving/inspiring melodically and lyrically. It, naturally, picks up towards the end, which is more tantalising, but I would have much preferred to listen to Drum instead. Production of that song and Kylie's delivery could have been more majorly present on the standard version of album.Β 

Dua Lipa - Happy for You

Β 

I appreciate the overall feeling she is singing about and the end of it is distorted spring riff basically, but it is not sticking around much.Β 
I also would like to note that I don't understand how this album isn't more on Illusion spectrum musically when it is the clear highlight and natural evolution from Future Nostalgia.Β 

Flyleaf - I'm Sorry

It's no I'm So Sick but it was fine.Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.