🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 The Finale Entries (pg.684)

thecptz

Affirmations - Hannah Diamond

This song is quite amazing, I think it's something everyone in the jury will like. 

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Lua de Santana – PiRi PiRi (Dispatched into various places and rhythms, some of which I think I enjoy enough, but others come across as too stretched out, but overall interesting piece.)

SUMMER CAKE – Love Villain (Vibey, comfy, pleasant, maybe even too much for its own good since outside of non-pervasive melodies and lush voice, I don't find much to latch onto.)

Sidibe – Tellin' U (Painted by numbers, but still pretty enjoyable number that is – beating tempo, soothing voice, mellow changes.)

Tori Kelly – shelter (Short, but effective dose with few tweaked rocky melodic choices I also think are effectively positive additions, but not sure how much of it will linger.)

Nao – Bad Blood (Antidote was one of my main jams in 2021! Bad Blood is intriguingly crafted, but maybe feels a bit restrained, which is both good and not so much, but it still wouldn't be true that I am overly conflicted on it since it packs a punch here and there.)

LISA – Rockstar (I would also like to learn Japanese. Outro is shimmering and potent, but that would be sum of it.)

Clairo – Sexy to Someone (Smooth, amusing, sincere, witty, and still electrifying enough despite more mellow production, which is also a plus here.)

Tori Amos – Cruel (Hefty and enigmatic and pretty on point at that. Not much replay able, but it leaves its mark.)

SG Lewis, Tove Lo – Call On Me (Time to also cue Eric Prydz's Call On Me. Both SG and Tove can make more impressionable songs, especially solo, but this one is pleasant enough and without anything particularly bad about it.)

Molasses - Hiatus Kaiyote 

This song choice and production style are very unique. I very much appreciate it, it reminds of the music i loved listening to in 2017!! a little parts bedroom beat a little parts r&b

the last minute is atrocious

Nene Shocked GIF

like wth was that

Edited by electrahard

Hyra - Seventh Heaven 

Whoever was complaining about there being no Selena Gomez submits we just got a shake it up khia!! I honestly don't hate this, it kind of nourishes the repressed faggotry that exists within me...

• Haha 1

You Could Be - Anz

I was kinda bored with this, I feel like maybe it's due to how like low key it is in comparison to the songs that came prior. 

PiRi PiRi - Lua de Santana

So awful (to me personally) I didn't like this song at all. 

Edited by electrahard

Love Villain - Summer Cake

Honestly simple, but she's easy and breezy and beautiful. I honestly needed a palate cleanser after listening to that car crash of a song. 

Girls Night Out - Baby Face & Doechii

Doechii is one of my fav artists, I legit love her flow and how she enunciates her words. I was most excited to listen to this and it's easily going to be a fav overall for me.

good luck

GQ2NqN7a0AAsHdu?format=jpg&name=medium

Madonna - Swim - i'm not the biggest fan of Madonna's older music usually :c this wasn't very interesting for me.

Avril Lavigne - Push - did nothing for me.

Hannah Diamond - Affirmations - eeeeeh, i'm not feeling it.

Hiatus Kaiyote - Molasses - don't like this either.

HYRA - Seventh Heaven - pretty fun. maybe a little cheap sounding but.

Anz - You Could Be (feat. George Riley) - decent.

Lua de Santana - PiRi PiRi - grating.

SUMMER CAKE - Love Villain - so cuteee, love it!

Babyface - Girls Night Out (with Doechii) - this is fun, i rly like it.

Sidibe - Tellin' U - chill.

Tori Kelly - shelter - she's a bore in general but this was fine.

Nao - Bad Blood - slight Banks vibes, not bad.

LISA - Rockstar - loveeee. need her solo album rn.

Clairo - Sexy to Someone - it's fine.

Tori Amos - Cruel - pretty cool actually.

SG Lewis - Call On Me (with Tove Lo) - too edm'd for me but it's not the worst here.

shelter - Tori Kelly

This song was so weird. It was like if Kehlani made a song but sang it with taylor swift's voice. It was middle of the road for me, personally. 

• Haha 1

Bad Blood - Nao

This song is a slight collapse. I enjoy elements of the production but the lyrics are underwhelming. 

Rockstar - LISA

I enjoy her performances in Blackpink because we get a breaks from her LOL. I can genuinely say I don't hate this and it will probably be a mid placement, but that's also because there are considerably more worse songs. 

Edited by electrahard

Sexy to Someone - Clairo

I was not a fan of this song at all when I first heard it, but I have grown up and now i like it and appreciate it!!

• Like 1

Swim - 

I'm moving, I'm coming 
Can you hear what I hear 
It's calling you, my dear 
Out of reach (Take me to my beach) 
I can hear it calling you 
I'm coming, not drowning 
Swimming closer to you 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.