🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 The Finale Entries (pg.684)

thecptz

Mariah the Scientist - Out of Luck (Jealous): I always see her name but never have listened to her idk why! But yeah I didn't know she had groovy songs like this I'm enjoying it

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Jae Stephens - Please Don't Talk to Me (Envy): Ok I have never heard a song about this concept so that was interesting to me. But I gotta say outside of Wet I don't use this person's music, this is just really dull tbh

Shay Lia - Dangerous (Anxiety): oh this is very nice, lovely vibes here

Jazmine Sullivan - Lost One (Anxiety): this is just kinda nothing interlude/segue and yes we were all desperate this round but it's not really grabbing me in any way 

Summer Walker - I'll Kill You (feat. Jhené Aiko) (Envy): it's mid, it's fine but again snooooooze

• Haha 1

Jazmine Sullivan - Insecure (feat. Bryson Tiller) (Envy): another NOTHING song from her what are we doing here people

Infinity Song - Hater's Anthem (Envy): okayyy I'm screaming a bit, she's a fun little troll song for the girls

Coco Jones - Double Back (Anxiety): okay well first of all the sample is immaculate as I hope we ALL know, song itself is pretty cutesy, vocal production is slightly crunchy but it's not ruining it or anything

Maeta - Questions (Anxiety): oh finally something with more of a pulse, I really liked this 

Mahalia - He's Mine (Envy): this is nice, not spectacular but not bad at all either

Mahalia - What Am I? (Anxiety): another cute entry from her, idk what else to say rn sorry it's just another midtempo R&B song in a sea of plenty lol everything in this round is blending together for the most part

FKA twigs - jealousy (feat. rema) (Envy): normally I wouldn't find myself gravitating toward a twigs song in an ASC round but this is at least giving different in this round so period I like it a bit 

The Pussycat Dolls - Bite The Dust (Envy): we are dancing! which is more than I can say for the majority of the songs here so far lmao 

Rochelle Jordan - Lowkey (Anxious): okay so nothing else I've ever heard from her lives up to the mastery of Dancing Elephants but this is still pretty good to me

Blood Orange - Best to You (Anxiety): this is nice, it feels somewhat unique here. she's a cute girl but cute next to...

Disclosure - Hourglass (feat. LION BABE) (Anxiety): gorgeous :jamming:

Mariah the Scientist - Out of Luck (Jealous): okay so maybe I should check out more of her stuff, cuz this is cute enough to warrant further inquiry :eek:  

Jae Stephens - Please Don't Talk to Me (Envy): that lyric about "feel like they're a dime a dozen" is how I feel about over half of this playlist, this song is cute and falls into the mid-upper ranks of that category I would say :-* 

Shay Lia - Dangerous: hmm I song I know and love, definitely my most played track from her, if this was a pander well done I like this a lot

Jazmine Sullivan - Lost One: sadly I did not enjoy this very much, I didn't feel like it had much going for it at all, you can tell she's singing from the heart but it's really not enough to capture the listener and the spareseness of the production is just unnacceptable to me especially considering the song isnt even particularly pretty (imo)

Summer Walker - I'll Kill You (feat. Jhené Aiko) (Envy): this is cute but slightly uneventful like I'm not crazy for it but it'll do? lovely album overall but this one is definitely struggling for any memorable hooks

Jazmine Sullivan - Insecure (feat. Bryson Tiller) (Envy): well it's another boring song from her with sparse + grating production. not gonna lie these make me never want to explore her full discography

• Haha 1

Infinity Song - Hater's Anthem: sorry but this feels like an unserious entry. not into it

Coco Jones - Double Back: this is totally gorgeous and I'm mad as hell someone snatched her before I woke up, the sample is stunningly incorporated throughout

Maeta - Questions: oh wow I am MOVING! this is going straight on the summer playlist

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.