๐ŸŽ ATRL's Song Contest ๐ŸŽ The Finale Entries (pg.684)

thecptz

Posted (edited)

ย Comin' Around Again - so i personally have issues with the way amber paces all her songs, theyre kind of super slow and i don't find her voice super compelling... she is very beautiful tho that single cover is gorjusย :chick1:

Edited by electrahard

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Look What You've Done - I don't like this at all it's giving Solo by clean bandit from wish that was resold on depop then purchased in bulk by temu and sold againย :lakitu:

Don't Play It Safe - well that's actually what you ended up doing when you sent this songย :laugh: (you will probably make the cut for my top 10)

Posted (edited)

You'll Always Find Your Way Back Home - this is a real classic, why do i always remember it sounding better than it actually doesย :matty:

Edited by electrahard

Posted (edited)

Everyone's At It - the doors that lily allen opened. doing a substance abuse awareness psa in song is a feat not many ppl can say they done successfully!! im pretty sure i liked this i definitely gagged over it when i was youngerย :nicole:

Edited by electrahard

Beggin' - this was kind of middle of the road whateverย :sleep:

I Gotcha' Back - oh ok i like this yay i was getting scaredย :celestial6:

Don't Leave Me In the Rain - rly like this but im surprised that even caroline loveglow has daughtersย :ryan3:

• Haha 2

Don't Waste My Time - I don't like how the amount of autotune they used in her voice very unsettlingย :bloo:

You Don't Love Her - this song is ok, but considering the material we have been provided she might make the cut...ย :noparty:

Let's Get It On - not my favorite, but it's alrightย :katie:

Kickin' Back - rly like this, honestly thought it wouldn't do well in a playlist of 20 but so far it's evidently a stand out (in a good way)ย :celestial2:

Things I'll Never Say - it's good for what it is, kinda surprised that an avril song is going to do rly well in my rankingsย :chick2:

I Don't Like My Mind - i'm scared for you sister, as a mitski enjoyer i dont hate this song but i hope and pray for your safetyย :omg:

Don't Wanna Dance Alone - looooooving this so much what a smart way to use fifth harmony, you deserve your flowersย :flower2:

You're Not Good Enough - finally something worthy of a 12 candidate has graced my ears.. it literally took about 19 songs wow omg. really love the synth throughout the songย :celestial2:

Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst - you are an awful person... it only starts getting good around 7 minutes in which is the tragic partย :dancehall2:

Sugar n' Spice - this is cute. I definitely could see Ariana singing this. Would I prefer if Ariana sang this instead? Yes, but this still has a shot at getting points.

I Won't Apologize - Selena's work with The Scene is super underrated. This song still holds up so well after all this time :heart:

yas more crits

Do You Think We'll Last Forever - This feels like a Dollar Store version of HAIM. But at least HAIM can serve vocals. This woman does not. Pass.

Comin' Around Again - I've listened to several Amber songs by this point thanks to ASC, VL and ARSC. And she just isn't for me. On some songs she sounds like a man. This time however, she sounds like a H.E.R. imitator. In other ways, I'm not sold.ย 

Look What You've Done - Zara tends to be hit and miss for me. Luckily for you, this song is pretty solid. I wish it went a little harder given the groove and vocals Zara can serve here. But this will be enough to get points from me.ย 

Don't Play It Safe - aww Cassie :heart:ย - only really cared for Me & U from her but I also know she's gone through absolute hell over the past 18 years. F you P. Diddy. Anyways, sending her nothing but good vibes. I really enjoyed this song :heart:

You'll Always Find Your Way Back Home:

Story time:

ย 

Hannah Montana: The Movie premiered in theaters during my spring break of my freshman year of high school. So I remember my Dad dropping me off at the theater to watch this the weekend it came out. We walked around the mall after. It's a cute small memory I associate with him especially after he passed away in 2022. :heart:ย Love and miss you Dad. May your soul continue to R.I.P. :heart:

ย 

This was one of my top songs on the soundtrack back in the day and while the nostalgia is DEFINITELY here for me, I also think this song means more now to me as an adult now that I've moved away from my hometown.ย 

ย 

Congrats on securing points from me :heart:ย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.