🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 FINALE RESULTS @ 10AM EDT

thecptz

Elle Varner - Refill: This being submitted aksdkfakjlfjsakllfjsalkfgsljlkgkjsfkls. kldgalsjkfk. kdasjlf. Well too bad Rotunda is not here to give you points. I actually had a big phase with her way back in the day, this was never my favorite but it is an iconic hit and very memorable, I feel like you have to appreciate the camp of it and all her music to understand. I'm kind of charmed by how she's not that good but has personality

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

cydnee with a c - don't we always - i don't like this kind of delivery but the instrumental is so atmospheric it sold me over, it's so catchy, the chorus was stuck in my head afterΒ :WAP:

toni braxton - the instrumental is so chaotic and the vocals are like tragically mixed it's like sometimes loud and sometimes all buried in the utter noise instrumental sdkljhsdfh i really never like these dated early 2000s songs for this reason alone. the rap verse was a cute switch up. @ the hair color hmmm the album cover is giving black hair but i then looked up "toni braxton 2000" and i see some visuals from single covers etc with brunette hair so period no tanking. but yeah this sound isn't for me

the beaches - blame brett - although the chorus didn't hit as hard as it should, the production was engaging and the vocals are giving dominance so the song ended up being conveying its message successfully. i enjoyed it mildly

the marias - run your mouth - i'm getting sub-selena gomez vocals, it's really passionless and pointless like we all vibed to the beat alone bffr. it's h&m core in an unconvincing way. also the transitions are kind of off like it's the same mid lead vocal throughout and you couldn't tell it's a chorus had the beat not carried all the dynamics the song has to offer. oh and she also seems to have black hair so 0 (zero) points

Edited by Post Malone

kenia os - ojo x ojo - i have the same feeling as the last song, nothing is going on vocally and i also had a hard time connecting due to it being in a foreign language. the only thing i gathered from this listen is a boppy poster girl'd h&m instrumental, so like out of 99% of the population that was eligible for this round, why this to make an impression on me? maybe low points from me on a good day

snoh aalegra - someone like you - this is the best song so far by far and washed everyone, i love the soulful vocals and the lush and soft instrumentation. it sounds timeless and the message is beautiful and touches me successfully. also i had the hardest time trying to determine whether her hair was black or not cuz of the black & white visual skdjhsh but I looked up "snoh aalegra 2019" and it does appear nearly black but i see clear hints of brunette, plus the song is good, so no tankage

Edited by Post Malone
  • Haha 1

normani - lights on - i love all my fifth mothers but the album didn't connect with me yet, it sounds like 2021 tbh like no one does this music anymore akdgmjsdh when i listen to sabrina and chappell etc killing it and then try to listen to the album it just sounds way off but yeah i'm still trying to give it chances

Β 

i don't like this song like at all, the transitions between different parts of the song are off, the instrumental is loud, the chorus is like nothing, tbh i dont like it. i love candy paint though. also she has black hair so 0 points babes

gavin turek - pressure - who is this brown haired queenie?! very nice production and vocals :listening: the pattern of question-answer low and high vocals in the chorus was distinct. it is memorable. i enjoyed the quirky details in the production like the pauses etc. very nice song

gavin turek - pressure - who is this brown haired queenie?! very nice production and vocals :listening: the pattern of question-answer low and high vocals in the chorus was distinct. it is memorable. i enjoyed the quirky details in the production like the pauses etc. very nice song

heyΒ 

Cyndee with a C - Don't We Always: Enjoyable enough. Good soundΒ 

Toni Braxton - Gimme Some: Not really feeling how busy the production of this song is. She sounds good though.Β 

The Beaches - Blame Brett: I'm good. Not a fan of this.Β 

The MarΓ­as - Run Your Mouth: Never heard of them before but I enjoyed this to some degree. It's chill.Β 

Kenia OS - Ojo X Ojo: Another groovy track, yeah.Β 

Snoh Aalegra - Find Someone Like You:Β  eh, doesn't move me much.Β 

Normani - Lights On: Definitely has a debut era twigs vibe which appeals to me a lot. One of my favorites from her album.Β 

Gavin Turek - PRESSURE: Haven't found a Gavin song that I liked yet. This isn't really bad though.Β 

Blondshell - Cartoon Earthquake: This slightly reminds me of tom petty's won't back down. I slightly like the moment where it picks up. Maybe points worthy, but we'll see.Β 

Shay Lia - ROMEO & JULIESHA: the beat is good yeah.Β 

Alina Baraz - Alone With You: Enjoyed this more than her last round song. Outro is my fave part and I wish it was longer.Β 

Amber Mark - Most Men: It was okay until the beat percussion kicked in, then I enjoyed it.Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.