🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 FINALE RESULTS @ 10AM EDT

thecptz

Lizzy McAlpine - orange show speedway

It was okay I guess, not really moved that much.

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Grimes - Pin

Not gonna lie, I thought all the art angels songs were used already. Fun bop tho.

Normani - All Yours

Best song in the album, a career highlight.

Justin Bieber - I'll Show You

Hmmmm, the struggle was real?

Phantogram - You Don't Get Me High Anymore

The intro was really rough but it got better as the song went on.

Elle Varner - Refill

Boo'd Up is better, sorry Armani!

Cyndee with a C - Don't We Always: a song we already know and enjoy (tbh I didn't know the chorus was an interpolation until now asklfjalk I'm culture less sorry!)

Toni Braxton - Gimme Some: When The Heat was sent last season it kind of shook me how good it was. This one isn't quite as good but still enjoyable with the syncopated feel.

The Beaches - Blame Brett: I get it but I am not a fan of what they're serving, it feels very basic and annoying to me sorry :/

The Marías - Run Your Mouth: Tame Impala meets H&M, actually I kind of dig it. I should listen to this album, I liked No One Noticed

Kenia OS - Ojo X Ojo: I actually prefer the Marías song, it's a little more groovy but this one is also very cute

Snoh Aalegra - Find Someone Like You: A long time ago I tried to make a dinner playlist party when I thought I was entering an adult sophisticated point in my life (spoiler alert I wasn't #stillclubbing) but I forgot to update it and so this was the only song on it for like 6 months sksksk. Anyways completely useless anecdote aside, it's just really lovely, feel like she's been suddenly slaying this season

Normani - Lights On: Amazing performer but I generally am not a fa of her music, I think this song would be great for a dance but I would never listen to it normally, also Jesus it's SO loud compared to the other songs alskdjfalk

Gavin Turek - PRESSURE: Ummmmmm klsjdlfkd extremely random choice from her. But I know this is Ron's favorite so work Ron/panderer. I like this one still but would have preferred >50% of the other songs on this record that are more fun/interesting

Blondshell - Cartoon Earthquake: Maybe I am just out of my rock phase because these rock songs are not hitting…. like it's alright but idk I have a hard time seeing this getting points from me, it's just so simple

Shay Lia - ROMEO & JULIESHA: Oh absolutely, a Kaytranada'd bop and I love the rhythmic melody in the verses, just overall has a great groove, not the song I was expecting from her but rly like it

Alina Baraz - Alone With You: I once again don't think I'm the target audience for her idk but I do actually like it, maybe low points depending on the rest of the songs? The kind of weird edited back up vocals are really cool. Actually the longer this goes on the more I like this and have decided it's very nice. #confusion but forget what I said earlier it's a major success x

Amber Mark - Most Men: This is definitely in the lower half of the album for me, it takes too long to build up imo and isn't really engaging before its climax, just chords on organ, but I do like overall once it kicks in. Just saw I have 9 scrobbles for this so sorry for switching but I'm staying true to me.

• Haha 1

Kelsea Ballerini - SUBJECT TO CHANGE: I mean I've heard worse but .t kelsea (very basic but I guess that's her thing)

FKA twigs - ride the dragon: This album has grown on me, when I originally heard it I didn't get it but now it makes sense to me, her characteristic artsy-ness but more fun and club-ready. Haven't heard this one before but it was very good, the production is so intricate and detailed, the pitched vocals are giving me old school AlunaGeorge sksk, overall a big hit with me!

Lizzy McAlpine - orange show speedway: I am really happy for the people who love her music, I'm not really one of them although I do really like her voice, it's very clear

Grimes - Pin: Tbh I kind of like anything I've heard from this album, I just love the whole sound/aesthetic, reminds me of Scott Pilgrim but with its own spin obv. This is one of my least faves I've heard from it but still good enough for points, all the elements in the production together just mesh so well for me and make for a really enjoyable listen

Normani - All Yours: Ok I haven't heard this yet and I know there's all this hype so let's see... ok this just sounds like her other stuff to me? Trap drums, soft vocals, high sustain subby bass, and honestly the mm ah mm ahs are annoying, with how over compressed it is it feels like she's doing them like inside of my ear with headphones on askdfkjals. Not to be like oh I'm so different lol but yeah 0 points from me sorry, maybe if there's a good dance for this song I'll switch later

Justin Bieber - I'll Show You: Girl SDFJKALKF. Let me try to judge this unbiased, I do actually like a few of his album tracks, but this one I'm not really into, that dying animal synth loop that repeats the whole time really just dates this in a bad way, and then the chorus lead synth ewwwww, overall this production is just really not my taste

Phantogram - You Don't Get Me High Anymore: A pleasant surprise, I only know a couple songs by them but this was nice, solid enough for low points I think, the most successful rock-adjacent entry to me

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.