STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 Round 16: What's In The Brackets? (pg.573)

thecptz

Fabiana Palladino - Stay With Me Through The Night: At the beginning I thought this would be very boring but I started bopping a little. Not something I would save to my library but also wouldn't mind listening to it again

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Seffers

• Kelp

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

rushed critiques cause i don't have time this weekend

group D

plastic: one of the weakest songs on starfucker for me but it's still a bop

i got it: i always wanted to check. out this album okayyyy it's fun i liked the beat miss mama 

free yourself: i always felt like this was missing something like it's so… plain? it's like so textbook idk

look at you: lovely song! was a grower for me for sure

i don't mind: ehhh it's okay but i don't necessarily think i'll ever hear this again 

the veil: absolutely stunning mr casey ate

gravity: this ep was soooo good and this is definitely a highlight 

i can do it with a broken heart: this loophole is sending meeee :bibliahh: anyways this is a huge bop so maybe you ate

i got heaven: it was bad for her 

temptation: a career highlight for ms goulding me fears, incredible pop song

treason: now THIS is the hit, probably my fave on the ep, it's soooo good and interesting 

Lolo Zouaï - Free Trial: Well, this song's album was released in 2022 and therefore doesn't fit the criteria for this round. However, there was a deluxe edition that came out in 2023, so maybe the person who posted this only saw that one and thought it was the original release. But let's get to the song itself: It's kinda bland and failed to leave a lasting impression to me ngl 

MisterWives - Nosebleeds: It's alright, I like it

Faye Webster - But Not Kiss: almost 4 minutes of boredom. The yeah, yeahs sound like yip yip to me, like is she trying to summon Appa or sumn? :biblionny:

Edited by Crashed
  • Haha 1

Allie X - Galina: I haven't listened to her album in full yet but from the songs I've heard I think there were better options. This is fine but also goes kinda nowhere

Ellie Goulding - Cure For Love: I love Ellie and I love Higher Than Heaven. And while Cure For Love isn't even top 5 on this album imo, it's still a great record that will probably end up somewhere in the top

Kesha - Peace & Quiet: I dig the messy production ngl

Tei Shi - GRIP: This was a pleasant listen, really nice

Danna Paola - 1TRAGO: Group A goes out with a bang! What a ******* bop. She can take my Twitter username any time she wants :jonnycat:

• Haha 1

Plastic - Slayyyter

I love this album but I would've probably gone with a different song. Just my taste though, you'll still get some points from me.

I GOT IT - Debby Friday

Omg????? I LOVE this album and think it's SO underrated. Probably my favorite track too, suuch a banger. Let me get you some points.

Free Yourself - Jessie Ware

My favorite album from last year omg. This song is utter BLISS.

Look at You - Rebecca Black

Idk, I found it pretty boring. Not for me I'm afraid.

I Don't Mind - Chloe

Didn't do anything for me.

The veil - hayden casey

Oh hello! This stands out positively compared to the other songs so far, and musically it's right up my alley. Very pretty and dreamy, and great lyrics too. Not entirely sold on the vocals yet but I may need to check out more of this artist.

Gravity - Tinashe

Why have I never listened to Tinashe before!! This was lovely.

I Can Do It With a Broken Heart - Taylor Swift

One of my favs from the album. A cunty bop. So curious to see where this falls in the rankings this round.

I Got Heaven - Mannequin *****

I appreciate how different this is from all the other songs. I love the chorus, very dreamy.

Temptation - Ellie Goulding

Actually quite a bit more enjoyable than I expected. I kind of want to check out this album now.

Treason - Tinashe

Omg? I think I slightly prefer this to the other Tinashe track in this playlist. The sound design is crazy. Definitely gonna listen to this album now.

Group B

Adèle Castillon - Alabama

this was okay. not much to say about it really.

Group B

The Aces - Always Get This Way

i like their songs. i should look into their music more.

Group B

Carly Rae Jepsen - Anxious

i just can't get into her, so i knew i wouldn't care for this. and the song isn't eligible? damn - double homicide!

• Haha 1

Group B

Slayyyter - Starfucker

probably my favorite so far - which is surprising because i had low expectations due to not liking other songs by her. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.