🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 The Finale (pg.685)

thecptz

Kimbra - Carolina: yes Kimbra yes points from me, it's not one of my top faves by her but it's really catchy so I see why you sent it, will be acclaimed by me anyway

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

lianne la havas - green & gold - beautiful vocals and production, the guitar riff is catchy and the little elements like the SAX were giving. my only complaint is the last section of the song past 3:00, the production choice of the noisy drums that drown all the delicate elements of the song was a bad idea imo. felt anticlimatic in a way

India Shawn - SUPERFINE: vocals are gorgeous here, love the smokiness of her voice, so far the 4 minute songs are ending the 2 minute quick lil tik tok singles

george riley - elixir - at first i was intrigued by her unique smokey voice and the club production but the song hardly had anything else to offer past that, i feel like there was not a single background vocal here and it sounded kind of one note in that regard. it was enjoyable but not as remarkable as i expected

edit: wait THIS is your "happy love song"? oh some tankings will be done

Edited by Post Malone

jenevieve - rendezvous - it started out promising but ended up being one note, i feel like all the choruses were identical and it overall feels very flat. i actually kind of got a headache 

edit: is the happy love song in the room with us right now? its a sex track. tanked.

Edited by Post Malone

Lianne La Havas - Green & Gold: okay normally I can't stand her vibrato but luckily it wasn't very present on this song, it's very nice but also kinda overstays its welcome since it's kinda lacking a switchup of some sort imo

George Riley - Elixir: the spacey beat and sound effects were so intriguing at the beginning but by the end I was over it and not much else was captivating me 

Jenevieve - Rendezvous: liked the production, lyrics were kinda stupid and also seemed like a hookup not a love song

SOOJIN - Summer Daze: the title is so fitting for the sound of this, like the guitar and the entire vibe of this song

Vistoso Bosses - Delirious: hmmm it's fine but beyond that it's not moving me in one direction or the other

Destiny's Child - Know That: aww this is nice I really like it, also is that LeToya actually being heard leading a chorus for once? not Beyonce giving them a chance to sing :eek:  

Rochelle Jordan - Follow Me: very smooth, very nice, it works!

soojin - summer daze - feels like shes reading the lyrics to me off a sheet of paper, really uninspired vocals and production and the concept overall is super derivative, been done, boring omg artms and katie sender is this you?

vistosso bosses - the production sounds very classy and enjoyable, though the vocals are not moving me and its kind of too repetitive. but i guess it's because its very of its time, i can definitely see its charm

Edited by Post Malone

will probably relisten again before finalizing ranks and sending

destiny's child - know that - classy production again and enjoyable consistent vocals and melodies and lyrical content. very similar impression as the previous track, however that one had its quirky concept and delivery which made it stand out while this is kind of generic and sounds in the same vein as any DC song i ever heard

Edited by Post Malone

rochelle jordan - follow me - i was expecting the usual noise repetitive mechanic beat as all her songs but this had more life to it, the beat is very sparse and compliments her whispery vocals well. very cute lyrical content and it fits the theme, maybe the only girl that got the assignment. this cassie'd sound is very charming to me

Edited by Post Malone

well i listened again and some songs i was grumpy at for being generic started hitting :bird: so since i have more songs i like now & since no one is doing anything, here's some updated crits xx

iyla - strings - 👍

denise julia - b.a.d. - 👎

rosalia - delirio de grandeza - 👎

ojerime - give it up 2 me - 👍👍

mya - down - 👍👍

artms - virtual angel - 👍

charlotte dos santos - angel in disguise - 👎👎

sidibe - diamond in the desert - 👍👍

katie - thinkin bout you - 👍

kimbra - carolina - 👎👎

india shawn - superfine - 👍

lianne la havas - green & gold - 👍👍

george riley - elixir - penalized slightly for theme 👎

jenevieve - rendezvous - there was 1 (one) (UNO) theme this entire round and you couldn't even abide by it, with a mid song at that, so enjoy the black hair treatment

soojin - summer haze 👍

vistoso bosses - delirious - 👎

destiny's child - know that - 👎

rochelle jordan - follow me - 👍

ROSALÍA - DELIRIO DE GRANDEZA: we're really picking this album dry lsfjadk. this was ok but felt like an interlude. The fact this samples Delirious which is in the playlist later is a crazy coincidence kafasljk did anyone else catch that

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.