🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 The Finale (pg.685)

thecptz

Flyleaf - I'm Sorry: surprisingly liked this, this is the type of rock I was too scared to send for some reason

Mazzy Star - Blue Light: I don't like their popular song and I don't like this

Rachel Chinouriri - The Hills: It's no Never Need Me but I think it's cute

The Veronicas - Invisible: Liked this more than I expected, for the context of this round it's good and hits the right moments

Charlotte Sands - spite: This is really obnoxious in a way I don't enjoy

Caroline Loveglow - Happy Happy: Damn are we sending this whole album… like we're really scraping bottom of the barrel with her because this is def her worst song I've heard by her

Wet Leg - Wet Dream: I wanted this to be a bit quirkier/unhinged actually, I was expecting it to be really weird and interesting but it was just alright. Not bad though

beabadoobee - Don't get the deal: This is one of the weaker songs but this album is great yeah

Hannah Jadagu - What You Did: Cute, I wish she had more personality but it's cute

Katy Perry - Circle The Drain: This song is really hitting idk why but I love it, rock fits Katy the best by far

The Cardigans - Communication: we're really scraping bottom of the barrel with them because this is def her worst song I've heard by them [2]

Hannah Jadagu - Lose: maybe a little better than the other song by her but I mostly have the same critiques, the instrumental is nice though

Britney Spears - Lonely: Ok wasn't expecting to be annoying about genre stuff cuz I find it annoying BUT this is really not even rock in the slightest aklsdfjadsl and I wouldn't have given it points anyways…. praying for you

Shakira - Dónde Están los Ladrones: It does stand out, idk I don't normally like rock Shakira but in the context of this round it works so nice

Paramore - Miracle: This is such an easy CPG that it annoys me but it's undeniably one of the best songs in this lineup

The Cranberries - Sunday: I do love the 10 seconds of the TikTok part but otherwise this is a snooze. I actually had this at one point last round sksk

Rachel Chinouriri - Never Need Me: Yeah it's really good, a double win sounds nice huh

Weyes Blood - Twin Flame: Ok wasn't expecting to be annoying about genre stuff cuz I find it annoying BUT this is really not even rock in the slightest aklsdfjadsl and I wouldn't have given it points anyways…. [2] but you'll probably be safe

Michelle Branch - 'Til I Get Over You: This is soooo corny but it's cute enough within the context of the round

Wednesday - Chosen to Deserve: I love the country flavor of this, glad to see it doing well! It's really excellent imo

Sorry for everything in one post but my ATRL has been terrible

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate annoying fake switching hoes. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• ATRL Moderator

COMEBACKS

Ghosts - Siobhan Donaghy

I’ve only heard her first album and this is definitely a departure but I’m really feeling it! I’ll probably listen to this whole album soon 

Be Your Girl - Teedra Moses

I’m not living but it is rather inoffensive. Might get points depending on how the rest of the playlist goes. 

Erase and Rewind - Ashley Tisdale

The lyrics about tattoos are speaking to me right now. Anyway I’d probably would have loved this as an 15 year old but not so much today. 

You Make Me Stick - Carla Wehbe 

It sounds like music those pretentious artists y’all always send in these games would make if it was actually good. I’m kinda bopping 

Depi nor Irakanutyun - Iveta Mukuchyan

It’s a little dated for me it’s very 2018 but I don’t mind that much, I’m liking it a lot! I’ll have to listen to more of her

These Walls - Dua Lipa

Unfortunately the weakest song on Radical Optimism. I love miss peep but idk how many points this will get.  

Candy Girl - Goldilox

What is this smash? It’s like the girl from Tennis making music for fags. I’m so here for it (other than the guy in the middle)

Alaska - Maggie Rogers

Not as cute as Alaska by Banks but still rather good, I wish Maggie was able to make good music like this album still

Happy For You - Dua Lipa

Definitely the superior pick from Radical Optimism in this list, this is cute and light hearted it gives me such positive energy

Birds of a Feather - Billie Eilish

I like it but I feel like this is such an easy, lazy CPG I’m sorry

Closer - Corinne Bailey Rae 

This is exactly what I needed mid-tattoo, very chill and relaxing but not boring

Candy-O - The Cars

I’m not a 55 year old heterosexual male so this does not work for me well

Bug Like An Angel - Mitski

I like it enough to probably get points, but I don’t like it enough to give it a lot of points. Poppy Mitski is always better to me than indie Mitski

First Love Song - Alemeda

Inoffensive but it doesn’t hit hard enough for me to really remember it. 

Love Bites - SG Lewis & Tove Lo & I guess Nelly Furtado

DISAPPOINTMENT OF THE CENTURY I was so perched for this Nelly Furtado song but all we really got was another SG/Tove collab with Nelly humming in the background. Is this what Lana fans felt like when Snow on the Beach was released?

J’adore - LSDXOXO

These lyrics are not it for me but the beat is nice

server the blight - hemlocke springs

This gives me the same energy Renaissance fairs give me (derogatory). It kinda served by the end though 

Love Me Not - Ravyn Lenae

Do you remember Amy Winehouse’s goddaughter Dionne? Who had like one song and then disappeared? This is serving if she came back. 

CHIHIRO - Billie Eilish

Another lazy cheap CPG but this is the better of the two Billie songs so it might get points from me

Things We Do For Love - Kylie Minogue

I still hate this album for gaslighting me into thinking it would be good like Padam and Tension but this is one of the better songs imo

Backstabber - Kesha

BOPPING yes this is so fun I think this could get my 12 points

Mary - Ditonellapiaga

BOPPING (2) this could also get my 12 points this just really tickles that itch perfectly 

Spring Is Coming With A Strawberry - Caroline Paidnochecks

NO!

Sour Candy - Lady Gaga

She did that but BlackPink did not!

Begging - Mabel

While I can understand why she’s a one hit wonder now, I have to say it’s still a cute little bop!

Ruined - Adrianne Lenker

Oh this is not for me at all I’m so sorry

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

I hate annoying fake switching hoes. 

Who?

Alrighty let's get these reviews out of the way 

Alemeda - First Love Song 

I've never heard of her but I'm really liking this. It's cute, sweet and simple with some great synth. My typical critique that I wish it was at least 3 minutes applies here but that seems to be unavoidable. I appreciate that you went with a lesser known artist. We'll see how the rest of these songs turn out but it's a serious contender for points and a nice start.

Mitski - Bug Like an Angel

Reminds a bit of Stevie Nicks. Very pretty yet lethargic indie pop that I'm not sure I'd revisit. I'm indifferent here, I feel nothing after listening and analyzing the lyrics - maybe that's the point? But it's not a good sign when you want to win.

cb 

GNctn1FagAASPNI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Alemeda - First Love Song - it's cute!

Mitski - Bug Like an Angel - not chu, not chu... yawn

Kylie Minogue - Things We Do For Love - it's cute! not that exciting or anything but it's not bad.

Dua Lipa - Happy For You - pass

Billie Eilish - CHIHIRO - cpg!!!11

Carla Wehbe - You Make Me Sick - well this made me sick!! (jk jk) it's alright ig.

Ashley Tisdale - Erase and Rewind - oh queen of pop/rock... you ate!

Dua Lipa - These Walls - not her again.

LSDXOXO - J'adore - interesting choice! a little too club'd for me but it's not bad.

Ravyn Lenae - Love Me Not - very pretty voice! the song is quite lovely.

The Cars - Candy-NO

Ditonellapiaga - Mary - ew

Adrianne Lenker - Ruined - my day maybe!

Billie Eilish - BIRDS OF A FEATHER - zzz

Caroline Polachek - Spring Is Coming With A Strawberry In The Mouth - v pretty.

Nelly Furtado - Love Bites (feat. Tove Lo & SG Lewis) - it's pretty fun.

Kesha - Backstabber - big bop!

Lady Gaga - Sour Candy (with BLACKPINK) - a mega hit!! love, great pick <3

Iveta Mukuchyan - Depi nor Irakanutyun - don't like it.

Mabel - Begging - she had so many good songs to send from and you went with this? it's okay ig.

Maggie Rogers - Alaska - chorus was lovely.

Siobhán Donaghy - Ghosts - absolute notttt.

Goldilox - Candy Girl - cool cover art.

Teedra Moses - Be Your Girl - it's ok.

Corinne Bailey Rae - Closer - it's ok.

hemlocke springs - sever the blight - quite good!

• Haha 1

Kylie Minogue - Things We Do For Love 

OK go off :clap3: This is one of my favorites on Tension - anthemic, throw-your-fist-in-the-air power pop that puts you in an instant state of euphoria. Kylie is in her element here and I love every second of it. You've got my points, but how many is still to be seen.

Dua Lipa - Happy For You 

My avi being the visualiser for this song up until a week ago should tell you how I feel about it. The best song on the album and such a beautiful, feel-good message too. The bridge sounds like an interpolation of the hook on Akon's Beautiful and how fitting. My only thing is, I think this was a somewhat lazy choice. We know this song is great but it's brand new - can we give it a moment to breathe?

Billie Eilish - CHIHIRO

The harmonies and slow rising instrumental are fantastic. I clocked the Asian influence without realizing what the title was from :rip: and it certainly makes me want to finally go watch Spirited Away. Repeat: brand new, let it breathe.

Posted (edited)

Carla Wehbe - You Make Me Sick

Tate McRae: *****! STOLE MY VOICE 

Spoiler

...and made it tolerable!

Edited by nostalgic

Posted (edited)

Ashley Tisdale - Erase and Rewind 

Hmm, an interesting choice. This is one of the weaker songs on Guilty Pleasure - a great pop rock album that has only a few weak songs. Masquerade, Overrated, Hot Mess, How Do You Love Someone...even What If were all right there :doc:

Edited by nostalgic
  • Thanks 1

Dua Lipa - These Walls

Another middling song from an above average album. It has its enjoyable moments but I feel like it falls apart into something underwhelming as it goes on. Up and down, it's not consistent. Let me not split hairs again on its age, it probably wouldn't have gotten points from me even if it was older.

I wish I could give my 12 to Erase and Rewind :1stplace:

alemeda - first love song: very cute

mitski - bug like an angel: a vibe for sure

kylie minogue - things we do for love: a bop tapping my foot

dua lipa - happy for you: love this album and song
e

billie eilish - chihiro: this was nothing

carla wehbe - you make me sick: ok muna

ashley tisdale - erase and rewind: i like this

dua lipa - these walls: smash hit like just fun

lsdxoxo - j'adore: very vibey

ravyn lenae - love me not: this might be my soty

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.