🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 The Finale (pg.685)

thecptz

Mary - Ditonellapiaga

Β 

Sounds like a Gaga leftover from 2011

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady Gaga, BLACKPINK - Sour Candy

Β 

There is better collaboration on this album, but I still appreciate the boppity of it all here even if it is not as deliciously sweet as it could have been.Β 

Ruined - Adrianne Lenker

Β 

Decent

BIRDS OF A FEATHER - Billie Eilish

Β 

My 2nd favorite song from this album, yeah it's gorgeous

Spring Is Coming With A Strawberry In The Mouth - Caroline Polachek

Β 

It's giving poetry, the title alone paints a beautiful picture. Quirky production. I dig it.Β 

Iveta Mukuchyan - Depi Nor IrakanutyunΒ 

Β 

Her resonant deep voice's strength really matches equally lit atmosphere of this banger. Should have been longer though.Β 

Love Bites - Nelly Furtado

Β 

I might have enjoyed this more if it was Tove Lo solo, Nelly's voice was a turn off

Backstabber - Kesha

Β 

This was so fun and so 2009 in the best way

Sour Candy - Lady Gaga

Β 

I remember hearing this years ago and didn't care for it. Well time has changed that, a big bop!

Β 

0UKnmEb.gif

Mabel - Begging

Β 

Feels strained, pressured/condensed. Her voice is loft though and has pleasant timbre, but it doesn't make this more constructive than it can be.Β 

Depi Nor Irakanutyun - Iveta Mukuchyan

Β 

Nice knowing I won't have to listen to this again

Alaska - Maggie Rogers

Β 

Nice descriptive lyrics

Ghosts - Siobhan Donaghy

Β 

The instrumental was very cool ngl. Weird song but I'm here for it

Maggie Rogers - Alaska

Β 

First of all, sparkling production touches really add up to ample emotionality that this song brings in spades. Her airy voice is truly also giving it iced, but heartfelt dose that packs things up. Seems small, something we can look over, but still notable.Β 
Β 

Second of all, thank you for reminding us of Maggie who has released Don't Forget Me, which I consider to be the best ( or one of the best ) album this year so far. Go check it.Β 
Β 

Third of all - go also check Natalie Prass's discography if Maggie is your cup, especially Short Court Style, which is actually Alaska's soul mate in a way.Β 

Candy Girl - GoldiloxΒ 

Β 

It was giving Pharrell, it was giving Azealia, it was giving sexy and eccentric. A whole vibe, yeahΒ  yeahΒ 

Be Your Girl - Teedra Moses

Β 

Very basic b*itch but it's not bad

Siobhan Donaghy - Ghosts

Β 

Give me this tower court style dark age mix. Not much replayable, Β but anthemic it is and kind of eerie, which can be seen as a plus too.Β 

Closer - Corinne Bailey Rae

Β 

Nice background music

Sever The Blight - Hemlocke Springs

Β 

This was rather lovely, strong entry.

Goldilox - Candy GirlΒ 

Β 

I like how it transforms from insignificant to psychotic in second half with distorted production which doesn't stumble either. Mixed bag, but sometimes charm can be in duality I guess, remains to be decided.Β 

Teedra Moses - Be Your GirlΒ 

Β 

The point is fit, but the style doesn't rile me up even though her delivery is cheeky cute.Β 

Corinne Bailey Rae - CloserΒ 

Β 

Symphonic esque, but still shy song to the point I was checking whether my volume had been up enough. I love her singing style though and it threatens to sneak into narrower circle on strength of vocal production.Β 

152 Chikorita | PokΓ©Walls

Β 

Round 12 - Let's Rock Together

With the comeback girls posting, I think it would be easier to keep track my reviews in one post. I also had to give the songs I listened to yesterday because I forgot what they sounded like. For a majority of the round I found theΒ qualityΒ of the songs are all super close/similar. The overall playlist actually sounds like it goes all together! So kudos to most of us for following the prompt by Tom. It makes it that much harder to rank them!Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Flyleaf - I'm Sorry - What an introduction to the playlist. I think it is a bit too intense for me. A bit too rocky.Β 

Mazzy Star - Blue Light -Β The song is a relaxing after a second listen. Not my favorite but it was pretty.Β 

Rachel Chinouriri - The Hills -Β I prefer "Never Need Me" over this song. In this song I was hoping for a little more from her vocally.Β 

The Veronicas - InvisibleΒ - Still pretty palatable. I'm a bit surprised The Veronicas stuck out on this playlist.

Charlotte Sands - spite -Β I'm enjoying the poppier side of this. The electronic elements are appreciated.Β 

Caroline Loveglow - Happy Happy -This was pretty! One of the easier listens... I'm not sure how rock adjacent this is.Β 

Wet Leg - Wet Dream -Β can get a little repetitive but I enjoyed the upbeat energy.Β Β 

beabadoobee - Don't get the deal -Β I always will support Asians!! xoxo

Hannah Jadagu - What You DidΒ - moderately pleasant listen.Β 

Katy Perry - Circle The Drain -Β Feels a bit outdated. You should be fine without points from me

The Cardigans - Communication -Β Honestly this is also really boring. Like I could see this playing at work, and remember I work at a grocery store.Β 

Hannah Jadagu - LoseΒ - moderately pleasant listen. [2]

Britney Spears - Lonely -Β I'm noticing the songs I enjoy the most on this playlist are the ones that the least rock adjacent. I'm not sure if I reward this and Caroline because of it.Β 

Shakira - DΓ³nde EstΓ‘n los Ladrones -Β Not sure if this would stand out if it wasn't in Spanish.Β 

Paramore - MiracleΒ This has a slightly nostalgic sound. This and the Veronicas kinda had the same vibe.Β 

The Cranberries - SundayΒ moderately pleasant listen. [3]

Rachel Chinouriri - Never Need MeΒ The instrumental of song was fun. I think her voice being a bit airy/light was a nice contrast to the production. [winner energy]

Weyes Blood - Twin FlameΒ moderately pleasant listen. [4]

Michelle Branch - 'Til I Get Over You -Β Cela me semble un peu gΓ©nΓ©rique.

Wednesday - Chosen to DeserveΒ - initially enjoyed the country instrumental parts of this song but this ended up being too long.Β 

hemlocke springs - severe the blightΒ 

Β 

Interesting little fulfilling tune which is well created in all aspects. There is always condition of usability and that usually tips the scales of course, but nice ending to this collection.Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.