šŸŽ ATRL's Song Contest šŸŽ Jury Sign-Ups (pg.682)

thecptz

villain - the beat... okayyy maybe my ass is shaking a lil bit. giving Don't Call Me Angel a tad. and the bridge even slowed down for a Lana moment!

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

YoYo ā€“ BopBop!

skip (feat.Ā ę½˜PAN)

roller coaster - didn't really stand out for me in this particular crowd but i enjoyed it

it makes you forget - bop

magician - love the imogen/caroline-isms in the chorus whew

căn gĆ”c mĆ¹a hĆØ (sweet summer) - this is very much ummmm reminding me of something i can't place? very cute and sweet omg

salamin, salamin - cute!

group b crits - from an eliminated person btw so these dont matter but you can read them if you like!!

Ā 

Spoiler

tripleS - girls capitalismĀ 

12 12 12s across the board, everything I love in a kpop song!

Ā 

lee gi kwang - lonely ft. jiselle

new to me, this sounds like something from the 2 on era of music (complimentary), definitely a vibe

Ā 

zan - tu

okayyy indie choice!! this is very low-key, I wish it had a bit more variation or excitement tbh

Ā 

cl - let it

I was surprised this wasn't noise. well it sort of is in a way

Ā 

Phuong ly - anh la ngoai le cua em

I mentioned previously that im over this discoed sound but I will say this is actually pretty cool... it feels a lot like music for an ig story or something but idk I kind of like it, and I appreciate that you sent something kind of different

Ā 

mashrou Leila - cavalry

this kind of reminds me of bands like Bastille... im not a fan of this sound in any language, its just not my thing

Ā 

girls generation - oscar

yeahhh this is an odd choice, I dont want to drag it though bc I know 2nd gen kpop Stans have their faves but I cant get into this era of kpop and I dont really care for this

Ā 

sumin - what do you think

new song alert, this is pretty cool, definite vibe :jamming:Ā I like it though, its not boring and feels like a great choice for this game/round, nice!

Ā 

iz*one - mise en scene

I kind of wasn't expecting to like this but its not bad, the chorus especially is hype... I think I'd give this mid points!

Ā 

lee hyori - 10 minutes

this feels like quite a deep cut :rip:Ā definitely has a 90s feel but its a little cheap sounding to me so I dont love it

Ā 

le sserafim - blue flame

not a fan of their first ep, but this has a cool amount of attitude to it that makes it pretty decent

Ā 

glukoza -Ā 

the synthy beat is pretty memorable, dont love the vocal delivery but not bad

Ā 

macross - miss macross

vapourwave was not what I was expecting at all from this round, kind of reminds me of the other song from group a in that I wouldn't listen to this of my own accord, I like that you chose something unique tho

Ā 

twice - conversation

interesting production during the verses but I dont like this style for the chorus :/ not bad but not my fave twice thing

I was a bit less enthusiastic about this group :skull:Ā but still there were some cool choices and I feel like people tried different stuff!

tripleS - Girls' Capitalism: What a great start! Love the fun energy this one delivers. Hooks on hooks, keeps it really fresh on the ear without ever losing that cohesive feel.

LEE GI KWANG - Lonely (feat. Jiselle): This is too one note. Poor girl is doing her best to rescue this from flatlining. I liked the bridge.

Zan - Tu: This one is a vibe! Heavenly vocals, and when the beat dropped I was movin' a bit. The voice note at the end is giving Frank Ocean/SZA

CL - Let It: I'm digging her flow. Would have enjoyed it more if there were more switches to keep it from getting stale.

PhĘ°Ę”ng Ly - Anh LĆ  Ngoįŗ”i Lį»‡ Cį»§a Em: Absolutely stunning melodies! The dreamy production and vocals create a magical atmosphere. I appreciate the introduction of new production elements and melodies throughout, they really keep it fresh.

Mashrou' Leila - Cavalry: I kind of enjoy the moody vibe. Nice vocal quality. Love me some dramatic strings. The outro was a nice switch up too. Overall a tad forgettable.

Girls' Generation - Oscar: This feels like it's trying to be dark and edgy but can't really pull it off. The vocal delivery thinks it's giving Oscar winner when it's actually giving Razzie winner, the scenery chewing is not doing it for me. All of the exaggerated production elements become irritating by the end.

SUMIN & slom - WHAT DO YOU THINK: Really strong start, this one delivers an urgency that really works for me. I love how the vocal glide along the groove, could have benefitted from more melodic diversity. Love the outro.

IZ*ONE - Mise-en-ScĆØne: In theory this is structurally very competent, however the barrage of production shifts every other second is really throwing me off, I feel like I'm trying to keep up with the song instead of being able to enjoy it.

Lee Hyori - 10 Minutes: This is a nice respite after the last track. I'm bopping my head. The chorus is definitely the highlight.

LE SSERAFIM - Blue Flame: Funky! Refreshingly, the vocals suit the production perfectly, which can't be said about some of these other tracks. It's a nice, clean bop!

Glukosa - Š¢Š°Š½Ń†ŠµŠ²Š°Ń‡: The club inspired production is great. I love the pre-chorus it's an excellent build up toā€¦ A disappointing chorus, it deflates the whole song for me. I expected something more explosive.

Macross 82-99 - Miss Macross: Love the station switching intro! We begin with a bang, loving the horns. Props to the vocal delivery, it harkens back to the 70's in a really fun and faithful way. The outro was a little underwhelming compared to the grandiosity the rest of the song delivered, I was expecting more.

TWICE - Conversation: This felt like kind of came and went, due to no real intro or outro. The production does this a disservice, it's quite bland and sits on one level the whole way through.

20 minutes ago, minho said:

group b crits - from an eliminated person btw so these dont matter but you can read them if you like!!

Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

tripleS - girls capitalismĀ 

12 12 12s across the board, everything I love in a kpop song!

Ā 

lee gi kwang - lonely ft. jiselle

new to me, this sounds like something from the 2 on era of music (complimentary), definitely a vibe

Ā 

zan - tu

okayyy indie choice!! this is very low-key, I wish it had a bit more variation or excitement tbh

Ā 

cl - let it

I was surprised this wasn't noise. well it sort of is in a way

Ā 

Phuong ly - anh la ngoai le cua em

I mentioned previously that im over this discoed sound but I will say this is actually pretty cool... it feels a lot like music for an ig story or something but idk I kind of like it, and I appreciate that you sent something kind of different

Ā 

mashrou Leila - cavalry

this kind of reminds me of bands like Bastille... im not a fan of this sound in any language, its just not my thing

Ā 

girls generation - oscar

yeahhh this is an odd choice, I dont want to drag it though bc I know 2nd gen kpop Stans have their faves but I cant get into this era of kpop and I dont really care for this

Ā 

sumin - what do you think

new song alert, this is pretty cool, definite vibe :jamming:Ā I like it though, its not boring and feels like a great choice for this game/round, nice!

Ā 

iz*one - mise en scene

I kind of wasn't expecting to like this but its not bad, the chorus especially is hype... I think I'd give this mid points!

Ā 

lee hyori - 10 minutes

this feels like quite a deep cut :rip:Ā definitely has a 90s feel but its a little cheap sounding to me so I dont love it

Ā 

le sserafim - blue flame

not a fan of their first ep, but this has a cool amount of attitude to it that makes it pretty decent

Ā 

glukoza -Ā 

the synthy beat is pretty memorable, dont love the vocal delivery but not bad

Ā 

macross - miss macross

vapourwave was not what I was expecting at all from this round, kind of reminds me of the other song from group a in that I wouldn't listen to this of my own accord, I like that you chose something unique tho

Ā 

twice - conversation

interesting production during the verses but I dont like this style for the chorus :/ not bad but not my fave twice thing

I was a bit less enthusiastic about this group :skull:Ā but still there were some cool choices and I feel like people tried different stuff!

please do group CĀ 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

please do group CĀ 

yesss ofc, ill do all groups slowly

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.