🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 Jury Sign-Ups (pg.682)

thecptz

silk - the first near-two minutes of this is a Tortured Poets Department song

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

whipped cream - hmmm this is not hitting as hard today. but i do also wish i didn't care!

Chairlift - Crying in Public: kinda like it 

Alvvays - After The Earthquake: Meh. This band is plain bread to me. 

Mandy Moore - Cry: White women movie credits core 

• Haha 1

Laufey - Let You Break My Heart Again:

sleep.gif

• Haha 3

HAIM - Kept Me Crying: the guitar woke me up at least 

Paramore - Caught in the Middle: alright 

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Hypnotized (with Wuh Oh): Okay now we're moving a little bit. 

PinkPantheress - Another life (feat. Rema): Good song. Hate the feature though 

Ravyn Lenae - Computer Luv (feat. Steve Lacy): My favorite of this playlist so far. Wish she had more songs of this quality since I couldn't get into Hypnos. 

Katy Perry - Teary Eyes: Haven't heard this before but it's not a bad cut. Avoided the album this long due to some unfortunate singles (excluding harleys in hawaii ofc) 

Sudan Archives - NBPQ (Topless): Similar to Ravyn, one of those artists I should like on paper but she doesn't resonate with me. This song is kinda dynamic so it stands out at least. 

Hope Tala - I Can't Even Cry: A vocalist!  I will always stand by you.

Cydnee with a C - Cry Alone: Discovered her through an autoplay after Raven listening session. This song's decent enough for points~ 

Paloma Faith - Hate When You're Happy:

Sabrina Carpenter - things i wish you said: holy snooze 

52731dcd7e733944dd148e20990f37cd.gif

• Haha 1

Lara Fabian - Caruso:

• Haha 1

Tove Lo - shedontknowbutsheknows: Back to good food :jamming: 

RAYE - Walk On By: Solid actually. Better than expected. 

Wolf Alice - Silk:

First second in, I went on a bathroom break, came back and the instrumental was still going on. Jking. Overall there's not much going here for me. There is that buildup near the end but i'm still underwhelmed. 

Ari Lennox - Whipped Cream: I can vibe with this, yeah. Good job sender. 

Chappell Roan - Femininomenon: This track is a pure injection of fun!

Rihanna - Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary: We stan Rih in this household! Kudos for choosing one of her best deep cuts.

Donatachi - Bad Dream (with Muki): Issa bop! Love how reminiscent of Y2K club era it is.

Florence + The Machine - Over The Love: I much prefer her later stuff, after she learned to effectively restrain the melodrama and grandiosity of her sound.

Kacey Musgraves - Anime Eyes: No one does heartfelt like Kacey.

Beyoncé - TYRANT: There's hooks on hooks in this track, but I feel like it's doing too much structurally. Also the fiddle is kinda corny.

SZA - Low: This banger! Her flow is at an all time high on this.

Bibi Bourelly - Riot: Not digging the bratty affect present in the vocals, feels put on and disingenuous.

moistbreezy - You Were Never Mine to Lose: This is really fun! The 80's production is cheesy yet winking.

All Saints - Testament In Motion: The 8-bit production clashes with the vibe of the track entirely. It's giving off the rack.

Solange - Sound of Rain: This feels like it would have been more effective if it were trimmed down to an interlude. There's nothing memorable about it.

Ariana Grande - the boy is mine: A song we know and love.

Rihanna - Woo: Banger! No one serves c.u.n.t. like RiRi.

MARINA - Shampain: Living for the flamboyant/glam rock style of this.

Mariah Carey - Circles: Hate to say that the vocals on this track aren't her best, even unpleasantly screechy in moments, it's overwhelming on the ears. The sparse production and tempo of this track really doesn't call for her belting over the majority of the track.

CHVRCHES - Good Girls: Trust them to always deliver pop perfection, this track is no different.

Janet Jackson - What About: I like the extreme juxtaposition between the verses and the chorus in theory, but the execution doesn't work for me.

Aly & AJ - Lost Cause: She's cute, basique, but cute nonetheless.

Olivia Rodrigo - love is embarrassing: This bridge is more iconic than London's.

Ariana Grande - bye: Courtney just pulled up in the driveway, held a gun to my head, and said to give this song my points or else…

ettfW0D.png

ICT1CZf.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.