🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 Jury Sign-Ups (pg.682)

thecptz

coco jones - double back (A) - washed everything i heard so far, an actual beat and vocals and budget mhmmm. it is a bit boring but it was giving listenable which is difficult not everyone has that. anxie: ty

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

mahalia - he's mine (anxiety) - it's kinda too aggressive with the beat while she sounds so nasal and one note and idk what she even saying like you need to relax a bit girl. i don't connect with this i fear. @ anxiety yesI do think she's talking about how people be coming for her mans so i hope it gets better for you

mahalia - what am i (anxiety) - much more organic sounding and the ethereal production of the chorus stands out as a nice attention grab. the anxiety is pretty straightforward, she's not sure if this person wants her for sex only or as an actual bestiana like she wants

1 hour ago, Post Malone said:

it was too boring sorry last 5 ppl

So you're quitting :duca:

8 hours ago, wish said:

Ouuu yes the finalists can pander to me, lmk when it's time

mhiya.thumb.gif.c11c29dceb3f0b3680351b71

ofc yes <3

the pussycat dolls - this was like noise to me but i do like the boldness attitude of it etc it's definitely refreshing in this context

disclosure - hourglass - its a little too noisy to my liking but it was a nice switch up compared to everything else so far & i like some elements of it

Shay Lia - Dangerous (Anxiety) - A song I know and love. Super glad I popularized her in this game, queenie makes good music!! <3 

• Haha 1

Jazmine Sullivan - Lost One (Anxiety) - I've cried to this song so many times. Just such an emotional journey sang by such an amazing vocalist. I could never understand how people can describe such a masterclass vocal performance as boring with those emotionally charged lyrics? It baffles me how the art form of singing isn't as appreciated anymore. Idk it reads as basic gay taste to me, like not everything has to have a ****** beat in order to be a slay. One of my fav songs on this excellent album. 

• Haha 1

Summer Walker - I'll Kill You (feat. Jhené Aiko) (Envy) - A song I know and quite like, two queens!!

Jazmine Sullivan - Insecure (feat. Bryson Tiller) (Envy) - Another excellent song from this talent queen. Bey, Jaz and Ariana are my modern day  Mariah, Whitney and Celine vocally. This duet is so good, they both compliment each other really well. It also helps that this was made for one of my fav series of all time. 

Infinity Song - Hater's Anthem (Envy) - I just love them so much :heart2: Their music is such a breath of fresh air. Their best to me is Slow Burn. Hater's Anthem just takes me back to the early 2000's. I also love when black artists do music that is different from what you'd expect. Additionally, all of them have very strong voices which adds to my love for them. Just pure black excellence, PERIODDDDDDDDDDDDDD :heart2:

Edited by Not Like The Movies

Coco Jones - Double Back (Anxiety) - This is another song I wanted to send. Actually was saving it for a specific category in the finale if that theme was repeated. But she's banned now and I don't think I am making it to the next round. Excellent use of the sample. Overall just a really good song. I am so happy that my queen is getting a all this love, watching her on the Terrell show and seeing how she explained her struggles with being a dark skinned woman in the music industry and seeing where she is now as a grammy winner is very inspiring and makes me want to continue rooting for her success, I love her so much, it's a pity I did not get to send her this season but it's okay. :heart2:

• Like 1

Maeta - Questions (Anxiety) - wait who is this queen? I am in love with that tone. This was a really good sell for this artist as it's the first time I have heard of her. I definitely need to get into her discography because this is right up my alley. Saved!! 

Mahalia - He's Mine (Envy) - I remember the first time I discovered her. I instantly quite enjoyed 'LOVE AND COMPROMISE' album. This is definitely top 5 on the album. It's really fun and groovy. 

Mahalia - What Am I? (Anxiety) - Convinced one of you stalked my last fm for this kiii. This is my most played Mahalia song. In fact, I remember sending this exact song in a song game before and I did pretty well with it. Amazing song :heart2:

• Haha 1

FKA twigs - jealousy (feat. rema) (Envy) - I am sorry but the way the Caribbean/Afrobeat inspired songs on this album are the best... Papi bones, honda and this BOP. I really really enjoy this song, just an overall bop to cok up ya bumper pon a man and give him a slow sensual wine. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.