๐ŸŽ ATRL's Song Contest ๐ŸŽ Round 21: The Perfect Meal (pg.668)

thecptz

Dua Lipa - These Walls

ย 

It does give off sunny lounge vibes, which is enjoyable, but not as much replayable, because it doesn't offer that one thing that could glue me more firmly.ย 

• Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Kesha - Backstabber: Was John Waters involved in this? Cause it's giving CAMP CLASSIC! Aged like a fine wine methinksย :giraffe:

LSDXOXO - J'adore

ย 

ALRIGHT, pick up club song. You would think I do construction the way I lay the pipe. Delivery could have been even more campy, but every line is a hook here basically and the thumping instrumental has certain powers indeed.ย 
ย 

New Deep Inside I think.ย 
ย 

rhian brewster smile GIF by Liverpool FC

Lady Gaga - Sour Candy (with BLACKPINK): Now wait a damn minuteโ€ฆ just realised there's THREE candy themed songs this round!? Was there a secret theme and I missed the memo?ย :gaycat5:
ย 

Gaga's delivery on this track is unparalleled, she morphs into so many different characters (I heard this was her audition reel for J:FAD). Really fun adlibs and production elements throughout. We love her!

Iveta Mukuchyan - Depi nor Irakanutyun: I'm sorry but this is absolutely rancid. I thought we left trop pop in 2017 for a reasonโ€ฆย :pukey:

Ravyn Lenae - Love Me Not

ย 

The chorus is somewhat catchy, but outside of a bit quirkier notes here and there besides the chorus, it is pulling only so much.ย 

The Cars - Candy-O

ย 

I like this change of punky pace in sense of this playlist at this current point. I support aloof vibe it emits and it may perhaps latch onto my final list as of now.ย 

Ditonellapiaga - Mary

ย 

Okay, I accept being taken on an italo synth ride. Not exactly memorable nor euphoric enough, but it leaves certain impression. ย 

Back one last time to drag yall

ย 

reading-michael-jackson.gif

Adrianne Lenker - Ruinedย 

ย 

One of the highlights from of the better outings of the year so far. Tender, soft, but ample and loft in emotional scope. This is usual trope and theme overall, but lines like "you come around i'm ruined" sells it even more. Single Fool is especially great and specific in nature while we are at it.ย 

First Love Song - Almeda

ย 

I love her outfit, wish I could say the same for the song

• Haha 1

Billie Eilish - BIRDS OF A FEATHERย 

ย 

Actually, this kind of sunnier pop trope is somewhat new to Billie even though it falls on the more basic side lyrically while still being fine. The melody is infectious though and overall the package is well crafted.ย 

Bug Like An Angel - Mitski

ย 

There's one Mitski song I really really love but unfortunately none of the other songs seem to hit like that one

Things We Do For Love - Kylie Minogue

ย 

If we had to rank all the songs this would be somewhere at the bottom. The gays overhype this womanย 

Happy For You - Dua Lipa

ย 

I like almost every song from this albumย  so you couldn't go wrong. Good choice.

CHIHIRO - Billie Eilish

ย 

One of her best songs for sure, I'll be playing this all summer

You Make Me Sick - Carla Wehbe

ย 

Almost didn't make my top 10, then it clicked.

Caroline Polachek - Spring Is Coming With a Strawberry in the Mouthย 

ย 

Operating Theatre's production and melody are marvellous. This song oozes mythical force and I like kind of an ominous touch it contains here and there despite the theme being such blossoming state ( taken at face valueย :whistle:ย ).ย 

Erase and Rewind - Ashley Tisdale

ย 

This was a very pleasant surprise, I didn't know she had good songs

These Walls - Dua Lipa

ย 

Another Dua song we know and love.

J'adore - LSDXOXOย 

ย 

As much as I'm here for male representation, this wasn't it papi.

Nelly Furtado, Tove Lo, SG Lewis - Love Bites

ย 

Tove Lo, especially in chorus, is what is doing heavy lifting here. Otherwise speaking, song is not offering much and doesn't pick up better than some similar instances here.ย 

Love Me Not - Revyn Lenae

ย 

Not bad but the competition is fierce, don't know if you stand a chance.

Candy-O - The Cars

ย 

I love a man who isn't afraid to lose. Might give you a couple points for bravery even though the song is ass

Kesha - Backstabberย 

ย 

I guess it is cute moment of genuine anger brought in wrapped candied paper courtesy of Kesha, which I like in general, but not for frequent usage.ย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.