🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 Round 20 Summary (pg.668)

thecptz

Part VII - ACTUALLY ACTUALLY you're dressed betta than ha husband!Β 

• Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Te Veo A La Salida - Fun little bop omg who is she:celestial4:

Lego Ring - I am not enjoying this much in the context of the playlist sdksdj but I love her so some points, the title track would've gotten my 12 I fearΒ :pancake:

Any Way U Want - Is this your friend? she kinda ateΒ :katie2:

Addison Rae (feat. Charli XCX) - 2 die 4

Pleasant, idk if it did a lot for me though

• Like 1

Amaarae - Angels in Tibet

Pretty good, not sure on her voice but would be down to listen this during a night out

• Like 1

Omggg I didn't realize an another Lorde stan was playing too love to see it :heart:Β @sweetblindness

• Like 1

Betta Lemme - Play

My fav so far, got me shaking my ass a bit, I don't buy into the singer's persona 100% but it comes close to slaying ngl

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Omggg I didn't realize an another Lorde stan was playing too love to see it :heart:Β @sweetblindness

Yasss omg if I were in your group I would give you all my points, it feels so rare to encounter other Lorde stans here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amerie - Crush

Had to find this on Youtube and then had to find a different video because the first one was like 64kbps, this is the type of song that is instantly recognizable as '00's but not in a bad way, super nostalgic and fun! Chorus had awesome harmonies and the synth hits were v satisfying, tbh the little sound effects throughout the song added a lot. Need to listen to this while driving with the windows down

With Love - Christina Grimmie

Tbh I'd always heard about Christina Grimmie but this is the first time I'm listening to her. Very nice voice. Feels like ballads are inherently risky in a game like this but this was pretty good, I liked it more than I expected honestly

Van Gogh - METTE

Pure vibes. I'm imagining a warm summer day and falling in love with someone that I'll never see again once the summer's over

Flea - St Vincent

Pretty cool instrumentation, despite my best efforts I've had trouble fully getting into St Vincent but this was nice, feels like maybe a grower

Β 

WET DREAM - SNOW WIFE

I was surprised to see this came out in 2024 bc I was expecting like...2012. This one isn't for me I fear, I like trashy pop but this just didn't work for me idk, but I see the appeal

rip my heart out - Maggie Lindemann

I thought this would be a generic ballad but then the thrashy guitar came in and I locked in. I wish the chorus hit a little harder but overall pretty interesting, if not a little short

ELIO - Vitamins

Why does this sounds like a Caroline Polachek but make it more Spotify playlist fodder? Anyway this was cute, very catchy and it's interesting enough to consider for points. But this is just the start of the playlist so I couldn't secure you anything.

enknee1 - hemlocke springs

Okay I see the vision!! My fav so far easily. This instrumental scratches my brain just right and the vocals grew on me as the song went on, a little doomer lyrically but who can't relate sometimes. Felt like a very unique song compared to a lot of the other stuff in the playlist, stood out in a positive way for me

Maggie Rogers - Shatter

Okay this was cool okay! It's very uplifting and it doesn't feel like this alt rock pop basic routes that MUNA and HAIM deliver. Anyway the main problem i have with this it's that her vocals aren't that fitting? Or maybe her voice suited better on her debut style? Anyway better than the previous song but too early to tell.

Magdalena Bay - Only If You Want It

The typical MB song tbh but I don't mind it. I like the cute vibe her voice gives on every song they release. Also love the spacey dreamy aspects the production has. It kind of reminds me of some Latin alt pop artists tbh which is a compliment.

happy im - UMI

A vibe! The drums sound fantastic and the harmonies are nice. Cute lyrics too. I don't have much to say, just very pleasant overall

Rave Angel - Blusher

I found the verses a little basic but the chorus made up for it, wish it had some more bite though, I just wanna listen to Slayyyter now. Still decent overall

Laura Jean - Girls on the TV

Stands out compared to the rest of the playlist in both instrumentation and songwriting (positively) lol. Very solid stuff, I found this really dreamy and nice, if not a bit long.

crybaby - Amelia Moore

I think this song's placement in the playlist does it a disservice because I don't feel like it's anything new compared to the songs that came before it. It's alright, but mostly in one ear and out the other I fear

SUPERIMPOSE - ELIO

Cute, but didn't do a ton for me. A nice end credits song for the playlist though

crybaby - This kinda feels like when a kid tries to cover a song that requires the soul of a 40-year old woman catching her garbage truck driver have an affair. Still good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.