🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 Round 21 Entries (pg.669)

thecptz

fever ray - this was very nice and chill and yeah :jamming:

• Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

group a

dua saleh - day to day: this is nice!! the song is groovy and interesting and their voice is nice 

pink (freak) - umm idk about this one! 

strange love - absolutely not <3 

group a

Addison grace - bath: this was boring as **** at the beginning then it got better towards the last minute hmmm, I'll stick to ADDISON RAE.  

group a

Ana frango elétrico - electric fish: ouuu this is nice, kinda what Dua thought she was doing with Houdini me fears

group a

yeule - sulky baby: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This is like, my favourite song of all time. Deadly serious!!!!!!!!! The soft, sugary, warm, EUPHORIC melody + unique fairytale-like production combined with the slightly heart-breaking, vulnerable, raw and beautiful lyrics, which are somehow simultaneously simple yet complex and FULL of weight? When you look beyond the obvious, there is a hint of sadness and trauma in the references to their past here, and the fact that the central lyrics are framed in a double negative,,, as if they would normally be second guessing themselves about the relationship but they are now NOT thinking of leaving, letting go etc.. overjoyed to finally feel secure and to have overcome the anxiety most of us know only too well from the earlier rocky stages of a relationship? This song kind of embodies the release of that anxiety and the comfort that brings. The way that the bridge BUILDS from the vocal layering in the second half is an extended moment of basically ecstasy, and like, these ad libs are why I stan yeule... They sounds HEAVENLY. This song just hits so hard and I'm not even emotionally invested in a single soul on this planet rn, like this track kind of makes me excited to fall in love again and experience this journey???? OMG!!

group a

chase icon - socal girl: hmmm was everything from her EP banned cause everything there is way better than this, it's not horrible though she just has way better songs 

group a

dorian electra - sodom & Gomorrah: wayyyyt this bangssss :WAP: I looooove the production and the chorus is catchy, it kinda has a Timbaland feel but in a very modern and different way???? we gagged

girlfriend - this needed to end after like the first 2 minutes 

group a

quay dash - queen of this ****: not obsessed with their delivery, the production is very cool though but it overall doesn't stand out to me a lot 

a day in the water - this was zzzzzzz

I wish it kinda went somewhere else though okay moving on

group 1

100 gecs - ringtone remix: they are kinda unlistenable to me but this wasn't thaaaat horrible, Charli saved, even though it does get annoying towards the end

group a

sam smith - dance: I think this is a great song, it's very fun and dynamic and it really fits them, they should fully lean into this sound in the future, enough with the Adele **** babas 

angel - I think it was cute?

shakes

why don't we go - less cute

Demi Lovato - Everything You're Not: correct album choice, wrong song choice

chloe moriondo - Bodybag: it's whatever, I don't have strong feelings about it

Shea Couleé - YOUR NAME: I get that the bar for drag queens music is in hell, but even considering that this is not good

awfultune - buds: midtune

Jazmin Bean - Favourite Toy: this was nice, I should check out their music

underscores - Locals (Girls Like Us) [with gabby start]: I discovered this song earlier this year, it's a racket in a good way

Kehlani - wish i never: pleasant but too one-note, could've used some switch ups in the instrumental or something

Kim Petras - Got My Number: a bit too Ariana'd but I still enjoy it

Halsey - Heaven In Hiding: questionable choice from her

Janelle Monáe - I Like That: wouldn't say it's one of her best but I still like it, the bridge rap was fun

SOPHIE - LEMONADE: respectfully I'm gonna pass on this one

Janelle Monáe - Locked Inside: most of her early music is too quirky for me but I do like this one, the chorus is pretty good

basically over you - okayyyy mega dated but I bopped a bit

just sayin' - transports me to a zara or h&m I don't ******* know

prada - nice

Demi Lovato - Everything You're Not: every song from this album is the correct choice so you really can't go wrong 

chloe moriondo - Bodybag: this is cute! I liked it but I wasn't going crazy for it 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.