🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 Round 21: The Perfect Meal (pg.668)

thecptz

‧₊˚🖇️✩ ₊˚🎧⊹♡The Diary of TROPICUM♡⊹🎧₊˚✩🖇️₊˚‧

Round 1

GROUP A

Listening to: happy im by UMI
00:43 ━━━━●───── 02:50
⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻
  ılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

REVIEW: 

Okay I was ready to drag this for not being unique enough for an indie song but then the lesbian visuals and japanese hit...

respect

• Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Blusher - Rave Angel - she does sound a lot like Peach actually :laugh:   WAIT they are actually from Melbourne .. okay extra points 

Laura Jean - Girls on the TV   - another melbourne girl .. how are you guys finding my locals :laugh:   but not really liking this one much sadly

Amelia Moore - crybaby  - I remember discovering her when shes did a song with my fave jxdn .. I like her .. but this song is a bit mid compared to the jxdn feature 

Round 1

GROUP A

Listening to: Rave Angel by Blusher
00:43 ━━━━●───── 02:50
⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻
  ılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮

REVIEW: 

see i find nothing interesting or particularly, remotely, utterly captivating about this song

enough 80s synths... if you're not Allie X you can NOT pull this off

thisalecx-zachary-campbell.gif

ELIO - SUPERIMPOSE - this is actually cute :) actually really liking this :smitten:

Round 1

GROUP A

Listening to: Girls on the TV by Laura Jean
00:43 ━━━━●───── 05:50
⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻
  ılıılıılıılıılıılı

REVIEW: 

for some reason this song gave me an anxiety attack

Edited by TROPICUM

Round 1

GROUP A

Listening to: crybaby by Amelia Moore
01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:24
⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻
  ılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮▮

REVIEW: 

love this... a bit slow but the melodies are too good 

Round 1

GROUP A

Listening to: SUPERIMPOSE by ELIO
01:43 ━━━━●───── 03:07
⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻
  ılıılıılıılıılıılı

REVIEW: 

solid pop attempt :heart2:

2 die 4 (feat. Charli XCX) - Addison Rae:  Look a bop is a bop, I can't deny that I ate this up. But you served me junk food. I want some fresh, quality goodness next time.

Angels in Tibet - Amaarae: Banger! This would definitely get me on my feet. If I had one qualm it's that the lyrics are pretty unintelligible but I wouldn't say it detracts from the song all that much.

Play - Betta Lemme: There's a cheeky quality to this that is quite fun. I see the vision with the la la's in the chorus aiming for a Y2K throwback, but it's too basic and repetitive. I wish there were an element that kept it fresh, instead it wears out its welcome.

Crush - Amerie: Aside from some of the production, this has aged pretty damn well! Gets a bit messy vocally towards the tail end but still a fun bop.

With Love - Christina Grimme: The vocals are great, however the lyrics are too generic for my taste. Stagnated for me when it didn't build to the grandiose crescendo I was expecting from someone with her vocal talent.

VAN GOGH - METTE: Love how funky this one is! The airy vocal quality of their voice juxtaposed with the bellowing spoken pre-chorus was a clever choice, keeps it fresh on the ear.

Flea - St. Vincent: I appreciate how the structure sets up the tone well (eerie verses build to the explosive chorus) but it didn't quite get there for me. I enjoyed the breakdown before the final chorus.

WET DREAM- SNOW WIFE: This is a little too generic and uninspired for me. The hook, the sound, the lyrics are all very low effort. If it had at least embraced how bad it is, maybe it could've been fun. Unfortunately it split the difference for me and ended up D.O.A.

rip my heart out - Maggie Lindemann:  The narration is a little perplexing to me… Almost as though her pov is from a voyeur to the events of the song, which then makes it hard for me to find a way in. Production and lyrics are too generic for my taste.

enknee1 - hemlocke springs: There's a thin and warble quality to the vocals that actually elevates the sentiment of the song for me. Also really dig the little production breakdown after the second chorus.

Cheerleader - Porter Robinson: It definitely captured the early 00's emo rock vibe well. But the production is quite abrasive which I don't enjoy, and his voice is just serviceable.

happy im - UMI: Stunning! The dreamy soundscape paired with the breathy vocals creates such a beautiful atmosphere.

Rave Angel - Blusher: This has a lot of disparate elements that I don't think were married successfully, but I still enjoyed it for the most part.

Girls on the TV - Laura Jean: Some excellent storytelling and vulnerable vocals makes this feel really intimate. Also the funky groove is an earworm.

crybaby - Amelia Moore: Stellar vocals. I enjoy the moody quality of this, although it does feel somewhat derivative.

SUPERIMPOSE - ELIO: A perfectly synthesized, lab-generated bop! Excellent flow and it has a great hook.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.