🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 Round 20 Summary (pg.668)

thecptz

Zeina - Hooked
Love the throwback sound, reminds me of early to mid 00s r&b poppy music like Paula DeAnda, Cherish, Nivea, etc

• Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky Ferreira - Sad Dream
Listening to this just made me want to type.. Melancholia 

• ATRL Moderator

Lullaby of Clubland - Everything But The Girl 

I am liking this! I need to give their non-Missing songs a chance

Symptomatic - Peach PRC

I think I understand what the song is trying to go for, but to me it just doesn't hit hard enough to accomplish that. Or it needs to be SUPER chill and it's just middling instead 

Tamera - Flipside
A pleasant bop, I was vibing, I enjoyed it, let me put a got damn mark

shatter – one of the better choices from MR2 for sure. but still not really my tea, her voice sounds a bit too rough and ragged for my taste

• Like 1

Mabel - Animal
What a fun BOP :jonny: let me put a got damn mark  

Alice Merton - Vertigo
This reminded me of that Xs and Os song from that one hit wonder, it was a toe tapping rocky bop, a bit grating after a bit 

Amaarae - Wasted Eyes
This song ATE, nothing else to say, it was good

Remi Wolf - Liquor Store
Funky unique song, love Remi tbh

Faouzia - Tears of Gold
Her vocals were a bit shrill on my ears during the chorus, just a bit shouty

Leah Kate - Super Over ( I don't think I am super into this one - the verses sound promising and more convincing, so that's a plus, but harder hitting backdrop and lack of charismatic memorable melody hurdles it a bit ). 

Fiona Apple - Shameika
This song has this deranged energy I love, like Daffy Duck is playing the piano on it, I love it

Baby Tate - Lollipop
OKAY I was feeling this, I started dancing, I was vibing, this was right up my alley tbh, another got damn mark

only if you want it – i'm not a mag bay girl but some of their early stuff i was really into back then!! not this tho unfortunately

Salad - WOW, this song is my favorite of the round so far. I love the 90s grunge sound. The production is AMAZING and this woman has the charisma to carry it too. 

ELECTRAHARDalytics - Group A

6. VAN GOGH - right off the bat it's really fun! i am a sucker for anything vaguely disco... overall a very safe song

isolation – samantha urbani GREAT choice but interesting song choice...

7. Flea - this song is just levels ahead of some of the other submissions, i love the dynamic instrumental

Coincidence - This is pretty good for the most part - a little too much reverb on the chorus but fine enough to get points.

• ATRL Moderator

All Night - Kita Alexander

I feel like I've heard a Kita Alexander before but I looked through their discography and didn't recognize anything? Anyway it seems like a very non offensive bop. I could have done without the Laurel feature though 

Lavender - HYRA

I love this breakdown in the chorus! The instrumental is very nice, I think the song could have been structured a little different though to really capitalize off of this but it will still likely get points from me! 

Haunted - Pearly Drops 

oh I REALLY cannot do this voice I am so sorry 

Sullen Girl - Fiona Apple

This song after this wacky playlist is so :deadbanana2: anyway Fiona talent I'll be relaxing to this song for the night :clap3: 

sabotage – what in the VH1 Teen Pop

• Haha 2

Vitamins - very cute & ethereal, I like this and will probably come back to it. Thanks for the introduction :clap3:

8. WET DREAM - ohhhhhhhhhh she did this one for the girls who forget to wash their hair sometimes... JK kinda i think it's fine i probably like it more than play

run for the hills – not one of my favorite taint songs but not bad :clap3:

Lullaby Of Clubland - this is ok I guess. Definitely living up to its name. But pleasant regardless.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.