🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 Round 18 Summary (pg.636)

thecptz

Kacey Musgraves - Too Good to be True
One of the best songs off Kacey's new album!Β :clap3:
Β 

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club
The timing is magnificient. I was kinda a OCRH. I still kinda hate her look but the music is coming around for me.Β 
Β 

Azealia Banks - Miss Amor
Major bop! I'm jamming out for sure!
Β 

Magdalena Bay - Mercurial World
I recently have been very anti-Magdalenda Bay for some reason. I really enjoyed their music when it came out but now after a few years I think that it sounds outdated. It feels a bit gimmicky to listen to. Β 
Β 

• Like 1

Lady Gaga - Babylon
Mega bop. I'm so gay.Β 
Β 

• Haha 1

Troye Sivan - What's The Time Where You Are?
The singles kind of outsold for me personally. This is cute though. I like the grooviness of the song.Β 
Β 

Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts
I don't think I have the acquired taste for Miley.Β 
Β 

Kendrick Lamar - untitled 08 | 09.06.2014.
I like groove and the beat. We hate you Drake!! A great way to end a really great round!

Β 

Did not have a headache or feel like I need a little quiet session. So nice job to everyone in group B

Five Star Hotels. -Β I love both these artists individually, but the song as a whole doesn't really work for me. I do really like the post-chorus and Mahalia's contribution though.

I Love New York -Β Generationally-confused gays are always swearing by this album but I haven't heard anything that's blown me away.Β 

• Haha 1

mobile crits incoming so formatting will be botched probably

SUPERLODER - Maria Jose Llergo

Β 

ooh this has a mysterious vibe to it - I liked thisΒ 

Alaska - BANKS

Β 

oh this was rough - the vocal delivery is so off putting for me

MarΓ­a JosΓ© Llergo - SUPERPODER: An unpleasant way to start the playlist, felt like it was building up the whole time to something that never came. But could get low points depending on the rest of the playlist

BANKS - Alaska: Her music is just so basic and plain to me aksldfljs. She's like 2017 ASC core to me like Allie X. Actually this is better than some of her other songs but I'm still not really feeling it

Janet Jackson - China Love: δΈ­ε›½ηˆ±εΎˆε₯½ε¬οΌŒζˆ‘ε–œζ¬’ε₯Ήηš„ιŸ³δΉοΌŒδΈ­ε›½δΊΊθ―΄"θ°’θ°’Janet"

Raveena - Pluto: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This is like, my favourite song of all time. Deadly serious!!!!!!!!! The soft, sugary, warm, EUPHORIC melody + unique fairytale-like production combined with the slightly heart-breaking, vulnerable, raw and beautiful lyrics, which are somehow simultaneously simple yet complex and FULL of weight? When you look beyond the obvious, there is a hint of sadness and trauma in the references to her past here, and the fact that the central lyrics are framed in a double negative,,, as if she would normally be second guessing herself about the relationship but she is now NOT thinking of leaving, letting go etc.. overjoyed to finally feel secure and to have overcome the anxiety most of us know only too well from the earlier rocky stages of a relationship? This song kind of embodies the release of that anxiety and the comfort that brings. The way that the bridge BUILDS from the vocal layering in the second half is an extended moment of basically ecstasy, and like, these ad libs are why I stan Raveena… She sounds HEAVENLY. This song just hits so hard and I'm not even emotionally invested in a single soul on this planet rn, like this track kind of makes me excited to fall in love again and experience this journey???? OMG!!

• Like 1

Kylie Minogue - Vegas High: I never listened to this album, this is fun although I don't really think the super pop of Kylie is for me, I can recognize that this song is succeeding hard at what it's going for :clap3: would dance at this at club

Weyes Blood - Picture Me Better: this right after the Kylie song asdfjalsdjlfjsafka the whiplash. I know I switched on God Turn Me Into a Flower last season but I like pretty much everything from this album more, I mean it's a modern day classic. I maintain that her music is kind of a buzzkill in an ASC playlist cuz it's surrounded by bops but once I readjust I love this

Kacey Musgraves - Too Good to be True: tbh I was expecting to pan #bias but this was really nice and fit in with the last song! So cute and lovely wow, I'm really impressed

Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club: I used to hate this song but it came all the way around for me and now I love it. I keep seeing that edit of her performing it solo on some random stage in 2017 that merges into her at a huge concert with everyone singing along and that kind of sold it for me.

Azealia Banks - Miss Amor: these games have made me realize that any of her music outside of her big singles is SO messy ksadkfjadlsk like this is a hot mess of a song. I like elements of it but…. idk about overall. The beat doesn't count as nice as I want

Magdalena Bay - Mercurial World: Well yes, I saw them live twice in one year so obviously I am a fan, all their best songs have been sent already but out of what is left I think you made the best choice, a classic album obv

Lady Gaga - Babylon: kjkalfsd this being sent after I discussed it last round :toofunny: relistening last round I realized it was kind of annoying klsakfjs but. I can't lie, it's made to be a gay bop, and a gay bop it is, so low points probably :clap3:Β 

China Love - Janet Jackson

Β 

can you truly ever go wrong with Janet - a musical mastermind, this was heavenlyΒ 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.