🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 Round 14 Entries (pg.519)

thecptz

ABRA, Tommy Genesis - BIG BOI

It's fine, but I was a bit bored. These lyrics deserve much better delivery and the instrumental is a little sparse for my liking

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Seffers

• gardendreams

• Kelp

Top Posters In This Topic

LIKE THAT - BABYMONSTER

Β 

I was bopping

Β 

ONoQDo2.gif

Doja Cat, Eve - Tonight

The beat sorta makes me nostalgic for mid 2000s rap. Wish it evolved a little more but pretty enjoyable overall, Eve's verse was nice

GROUPΒ CΒ 

Β 

Queen Latifah & Monie LoveΒ 

Β 

incredibly aged / i think there were so many better songs to send this round / i even changed my song like 3 times and all three were better than this and they weren't taken? / could've been shorter / idk it's not terrible but won't get a good ranking / not the worst song i've heard on this round so far thoughΒ 

Flyana Boss - You Wish

Not a fan of the GarageBand ahh beat but the delivery and lyrics are fun, ngl I'm bopping a little, wtf is the ending though

NEPTUNEΒ  - AZEALIA BANKS

Β 

This Shystie rapper impressed me, she held her own against Miss Azealia. Very cool sounding track

Β 

3rRJPVc.gif

Β 

Β 

GROUP CΒ 

Β 

Gavlyn & DJ Hoppa & Vel Nine & Reverie - Looking Back

Β 

copyright free background music for youtube vlogger type ass beat / tf is dj hoppa / another mid entry / this is bad

Queen Latifah, Monie Love - Ladies First

Finally some 20th century representation! I respect the boldness with this choice and this goes mega hard, I fear it will be underrated but I had a ton of fun with it. Great beat and excellent delivery

GROUP CΒ 

Β 

Doechii & JT - Alter Ego

Β 

finally we're bopping again omgggg / doechii parts giving azealia banks in a good way / loved this a lot / love the instrumental / catchy chorus

HEARTBREAKER - MARIAH CAREY

Β 

@Tom VercettiΒ broke my heart so I can relate to this oneΒ :'(

Β 

Spoiler

and not Missy Elliot rapping about being spanked :rip:didn't realize she was that kinda girl

Β 

cjN2U48Tn6Ftmd8OG-_41Pil4VlPOVVkIHcnv2ip

Β 

• Haha 1

GROUP CΒ 

Β 

Dreezy & Kash Doll - Chanel Slides

Β 

the instrumental is hard / mixing is bad / could've been shorter / started good then i got bored

Gavlyn, DJ Hoppa, Vel Nine, Reverie - Looking Back

Another entry that makes me nostalgic for older hip hop. It's mostly pleasant, maybe a little too long though, I started to check out halfway through. Still a nice vibe

MY POWER - NIJA

Β 

One of those songs that would hit harder if it wasn't so overcrowded

Β 

5TES7S7.gif

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Doechii, JT - Alter Ego

Oh I'm gagged...such a fun chorus omg

GROUP C

Β 

BOUNTYΒ & COCOA - HEB AB

Β 

got worse as the songΒ progressed / there were so many better choices... / it's bad

GROUP C

Β 

M.I.A. & Missy Eliot & Nas - Bad Girls N.A.R.S. Remix

Β 

ruined the original bad girls / still much better than most of the entries

TWERKULATORΒ  - CITY GIRLS
Β 

I just assumed they didn't have any real bops other than Act Up, this was great

Β 

705-nicki-minaj-twerk-to-trap-queen-1-41

Β 

Β 

Β 

Dreezy, Kash Doll - Chanel Slides

Just kinda generic, it's not bad but not amazing either

GUCCI - BREE RUNWAY

Β 

LAST NIGHT I WAS SHAKING MY ASS AT THE MARRIOT

Β 

705-nicki-minaj-twerk-to-trap-queen-1-41

BOUNTY & COCOA - HEB AB

I appreciate how this stands out compared to the rest of the playlist, idk if it entirely worked for me but it was fresh enough to engage me if that makes sense.

3 hours ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

munekita - rrrrrr! gatita! i don't hate this but it's definitely one of my least favorites on the album. also are we counting el alfa as a female rapper?

This message is sent on the behalf of the MuΓ±ekita sender

Β 

Hi ultraviolence.xx,

I'm sorry to single out your review and comment. El Alfa is not the second female rapper it is Kali. I was slightly expecting this response since Kali Uchis is a phenomenal singer and does not typically rap. Though for this song in particular I was able to do some research and had a lot to learn. The genre of this song is "Dembow, Neoperreo, Latin Rap, Pop-rap and Ragga" (RYM-1). Dembow is a music genre that originated in Dominican Republic and is influenced by dancehall, reggae and hip-hop. Vocals are usually rapped in a fast manner (RYM-2). A Fader article I found compliments Uchis' rap style which is inspired by Alfa. She raps throughout the song that is common to Dembow/ReggaetΓ³n that is not typically found in American hip-hop or American rap.Β 

I hope this clarifies your question.

I didn't want an unfair impression of this song based off your comment since I strongly believe that this song fulfills the round requirement.

I hope you and the rest of Group B is able to listen and rank according ❀️ 

RYM -1 https://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/kali-uchis-el-alfa-jt/munekita/
RYM-2 https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/dembow/
Fader Β Article - https://www.thefader.com/2023/08/04/kali-uchis-el-alfa-city-girls-jt-new-song-munekita

• Haha 5

M.I.A., Missy Elliott, Nas - Bad Girls (Remix)

The original is SUCH a classic so I had high hopes for this. I found it to be a little messy but it works slightly more than it doesn't lol, it's just impossible to compare in any way to the original

3 minutes ago, Alena said:

@Bacardo RoyaleΒ obsessed with ur avi<3

what about his banner?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Touch It said:

This message is sent on the behalf of the MuΓ±ekita sender

Β 

Hi ultraviolence.xx,

I'm sorry to single out your review and comment. El Alfa is not the second female rapper it is Kali. I was slightly expecting this response since Kali Uchis is a phenomenal singer and does not typically rap. Though for this song in particular I was able to do some research and had a lot to learn. The genre of this song is "Dembow, Neoperreo, Latin Rap, Pop-rap and Ragga" (RYM-1). Dembow is a music genre that originated in Dominican Republic and is influenced by dancehall, reggae and hip-hop. Vocals are usually rapped in a fast manner (RYM-2). A Fader article I found compliments Uchis' rap style which is inspired by Alfa. She raps throughout the song that is common to Dembow/ReggaetΓ³n that is not typically found in American hip-hop or American rap.Β 

I hope this clarifies your question.

I didn't want an unfair impression of this song based off your comment since I strongly believe that this song fulfills the round requirement.

I hope you and the rest of Group B is able to listen and rank according ❀️ 

RYM -1 https://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/kali-uchis-el-alfa-jt/munekita/
RYM-2 https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/dembow/
Fader Β Article - https://www.thefader.com/2023/08/04/kali-uchis-el-alfa-city-girls-jt-new-song-munekita

the mental gymnastics :rip:Β you'll streisand effect it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.