🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 Round 18: The Mids-Off (pg.611)

thecptz

Group B 

Rihanna - Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary

i think i'm in the minority that prefers LWT over Mother Mary. Mother Mary just drags the song on and on to me

• Thanks 1

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Seffers

• Kelp

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Group B

Donatchi - Bad Dream (with Muki)

this is giving a Dance Dance Revolution song (derogatory)

Edited by Guero
  • Haha 1

Group B

Florence + The Machine - Over The Love

I would have fallen asleep had it not been for Florence's wailing keeping me awake. 

Group B

Kacey Musgraves - Anime Eyes 

being forced to listen to Kacey this year, and something about her music is so soothing and cute to me? idk it makes me feel warm.

Group B

Beyoncé - Tyrant

i wish I could relive the moment I first heard this song when Cowboy Carter released. winner! 

Group B

SZA - Low

i need to come clean and say that I did not enjoy SOS as much as everyone else seems to have. but ! this is one of the few songs that did connect with me, so good job!

Group B 

Bibi Bourelly - Riot

she certainly was fighting for her life singing this 

Group B

moistbreezy - You Were Never Mine To Lose

this reminds me of Freestyle music that my sisters used to play when I was growing up so I don't dislike it as much as everyone else in our group 

Group B 

All Saints - Testament In Motion 

I really don't have much to say about this song. it was just there. 

Group B

Solange - Sound of Rain 

this was a cute lil song

Group B

Ariana Grande - the boy is mine

i just know ponytail was pissed that the gays forced her to make this song in response to the Fantasize leak. anyway! this song is immaculate. some points will be deducted for saying "I can't wait to try him!" about this: 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Group B

Rihanna - Woo

this song is weird to me because it seems unfinished. almost like a demo. even the way it abruptly ends. maybe she was running late for her Giorgio Baldi reservation that day. 

Group B

Marina - Shampain

I have always really liked this song. 

Group B

Mariah Carey - Circles

someone else mentioned how her voice sounds a little off, and I have to agree. parts of the songs mixing sound off as well. but I still enjoyed this a bit

Group B

CHVRCHES - Good Girls

I just cant get into this group i'm sorry 

Group B

Janet Jackson - What About 

the chorus really caught me off guard here because it was a dramatic and sudden change, but reading about what the song is talking about it makes more sense. I like the message Janet is bringing here

Just now, Guero said:

Group B

Janet Jackson - What About 

the chorus really caught me off guard here because it was a dramatic and sudden change, but reading about what the song is talking about it makes more sense. I like the message Janet is bringing here

okay so I had to turn up the volume because I couldn't really hear what she was saying in the verses and then BOOM! the sudden yelling in the chorus DNDNDNDN 

• Haha 1

Group B

Aly & AJ - Lost Cause

one of my favorites on the album 

Group B 

Olivia Rodrigo - love is embarrassing

i only seem to like a handful of songs from her per album, and this was one of them. I wish she would push the pop-rock songs more than the ballads - they're much more interesting

Group B

Ariana Grande - bye 

as a stan, there are always one or two songs from her albums that I just can't get into. and unfortunately for you, this was one of them from ES. :NAILS:

Chappell Roan - Femininomenon - there was something cute, until chorus came in. Unexpected, but I don't know what to think tbh. I am afraid that I don't really like where this song went.

Rihanna - Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary - obviously not my fave. „Mother Mary" part was better, but not sure if it will be enough.

Donatachi - Bad Dream (with Muki) - hmmm… gives me early 00s eurodance vibes, like Sylver of something. Kinda interested.

Florence + The Machine - Over The Love - everything I don't like in F+tM is put into this song. Got tired.

Kacey Musgraves - Anime Eyes - little cute song. Might get a point or two.

Beyoncé - TYRANT - I don't get that mix of trap and country. Of course it's not bad, but I am not sure if It's for me.  

SZA - Low - exactly what I told above. Good production, vocals are ok, but overall - not for me. The vibe is not interesting for me.

Bibi Bourelly - Riot - sounds basic. Vocals are between interesting and annoying a bit.

moistbreezy - You Were Never Mine to Lose - gives me H&M vibe, but in a positive way. I can say that I really like it. My fave so far.

All Saints - Testament In Motion - wait, that's really nice. Gives me 2008-2009 urban vibe, so it sounds a bit dated, but I still enjoy it.

Solange - Sound of Rain - production is really interesting, but I can't tell that I love that song. Might get points anyway.

Ariana Grande - the boy is mine - when I listened to an album I wasn't a fan of it in general, but that was a song that grabbed my attention. Also - not a huge fan of it but it's solid.

Rihanna - Woo - better Rihanna song. I like that dark, Kanye-a-like vibe.  

MARINA - Shampain - there was a time it was my fave from album, as well as every other song too. That's what happens when you release the best album ever.

Mariah Carey - Circles - typical Mariah pop-R&B song. Nothing special.  

CHVRCHES - Good Girls - some of their songs are MONSTERS. Unfortunately, this is not one of them.  

Janet Jackson - What About - chorus helps this song a bit but I am not impressed as much as I expected.

Aly & AJ - Lost Cause - clothing shop background music - easy to listen to, but I think that there is many songs like this. Anyway - I like it more than most of this group.  

Olivia Rodrigo - love is embarrassing - the only thing that is embarrassing is the fact that you probably sent it before I even thought about this song. Strong winner vibes. Amazing song.

Ariana Grande - bye - better Ariana song for me.

Group B

Chappell Roan - Femininomenon

this is fun. it's catchy, so i'm bopping!

Rihanna - Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary

ooh, that subtle sample is so smooth to me. the second (boring) half of this track kinda brings it down as a whole for me tho

Donatachi - Bad Dream (with Muki)

omg this is so good! i love me some dancey & trancey music like this

Florence + The Machine - Over The Love

this has no redeeming qualities, i'm sorry.

Group B

Kacey Musgraves - Anime Eyes

it's cute, a little dull tho

Beyoncé - TYRANT

this is good, but i wouldn't replay it often

SZA - Low

i'm not too big on her music tbh. this doesn't change that

Bibi Bourelly - Riot

i- i wish you luck

Group B

moistbreezy - You Were Never Mine to Lose

her music has always been a HIT for me!

All Saints - Testament In Motion

hmm, very middling to me. nothing special

Solange - Sound of Rain

production is the highlight. the lyrics on this seem so minimal tho

Ariana Grande - the boy is mine

you sent in a bop, so you will be rewarded x

Group B

Rihanna - Woo

production is interesting tbh. hmm

MARINA - Shampain

this is kinda fun. not bad, not bad

Mariah Carey - Circles

a lil cute ballad. not bad [2]

CHVRCHES - Good Girls

a bop and then some. chorus is v catchy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.