🐎 ATRL's Song Contest 🐎 The Finale Entries (pg.685)

thecptz

Faye Webster - Lego Ring (with Lil Yachty) - this is so weird, not doing anything for me

• Replies 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thecptz

• Kelp

• Seffers

• gardendreams

Top Posters In This Topic

Precious - Any Way U Want - it's a little basic (well a lot of songs here are) but this is a bit nicer than the others

I will review the songs that I already know first

Let's Eat Grandma - Happy New Year

huge fan here, let's get you some points for that!

Coco & Clair Clair - Cherub

this bop.. rapping to this runescape type beat

Remi Wolf - Cinderella

I like her but I'm not feeling this single

Amaarae - Wasted Eyes

this is not my favorite from this album

Remi Wolf - Liquor Store

this is one of my favorites from this album!

Fiona Apple - Shameika

this is one of my favorites from this album!

Magdalena Bay - Only If You Want It

out of all their songs, this? :chick3:

Empress Of - Lorelei

love this tune... what's her name, what's her name?

Faye Webster - Lego Ring (with Lil Yachty)

I hate her cringe music

Bishop Briggs - The Way I Do: Great voice but the song isn't really doing it for me. It's missing a climax imo.

Shontelle - Roll It: I remember this from Grey's Anatomy nnnn :rip: We love a woman empowerment anthem and the chorus is kinda infectious. ROLL IT GAL, ROLL IT GAL :jonnycat:

Tamar Braxton - The One: Tamar is a great vocalist and it's a shame that her career has always been in her sister's shadow. The song is fine but a little boring

Time to listen to Group D, I will have this on shuffle. 

Only If You Want It - Magdalena Bay

this is a bit twee for my liking but it's a cute bop that i can appreciate objectively

Fiona Apple - Sullen Girl

I would send totally different songs from her debut - Criminal, The First Taste...

Vitamins - Elio

i've heard this before and i saw that another song of theirs was submitted for another group and i think that one is better :giraffe: this is still okay

Anjerie - Some Dumb Girl

this is a vibe :duca: I like this one a lot actually, never heard of the artist

Precious - Any Way U Want

personally her voice does nothing for me and i feel like i've heard this song 100x before despite never hearing it. Kinda basic

Faye Webster - Lego Ring

form the first few seconds i just know i will hate this. as i'm listening it isn't getting any better. and then the lil yachty feature :deadbanana: I hate this

From Group A, congrats to the people that submitted these songs:

Christina Grimmie - With Love

hemlocke springs - enknee1

Blusher - Rave Angel 

ELIO - SUPERIMPOSE

:clap3:

Edited by EnterTheAttic

Daniela Spalla - Te Veo A La Salida

this chorus like something else but i can't put my finger on it. Cute song even if her voice is annoying me 

Let's Eat Grandma - Happy New Year: Usually that's the type of music I like but after listening twice I can't really warm myself up for this. Idk if it's Spotify's compression or the song but the lead voice is kinda drowning in the mix like it's sometimes unintelligible for me. :chick1:

Coco & Clair Clair - Cherub: It's way too short for me. During my listen there wasn't anything that really stood out to me  :sorry:

Remi Wolf - Cinderella: I really like this, especially the pre-chorus is great. The outro could've been shorted though. 

Maggie Rogers - Shatter

i've never actually listened to her music but maybe i should get into it :omg: I love this :clap3:

ELIO - Vitamins 

It came and went and didn't really leave a strong impression. Just nice background music, not bad though

Flo Milli - Conceited

this song aged so bad for meeee idk. a 2 minute song has no need for a 25 second intro of the same loop. Just accept you made a ringtone and own it, don't fill my ears with shite to try and convince me it is a full song

• Haha 4

Maggie Rogers - Shatter - Wait a minute, I enjoyed this tbh

• Like 1

SNOW WIFE - WET DREAM

one, two, three, four, I declare a s.lut war :dies: this line bought me

Maggie Lindemann - rip my heart out

hmmm... it's not bad tbh

hemlocke springs - enknee1

I tried to get into her music twice but I just don't think it's for me but I also don't think it's bad music! Someone who sent this clearly has taste

Porter Robinson - Cheerleader

haha I gotta admit it's not something I would add to my playlist but I do like it, it's fun core!

UMI - happy im

I remember I really liked her song from the previous season that someone sent and this one is not that great but it's not bad either tbh

EDIT. Actually, it grew on me a bit :coffee:

Edited by stupidjock

Portuguese Love - Teena Marie

why the **** is this almost 8 minutes long :deadbanana: also why does she say "port-u-geesie". Sorry but this is easily the worst submission of the round… I thought it would be a cute lil La Isla Bonita adjacent bop but it's just her wailing down a mic for 8 minutes and it's just never-ending. She tried scatting at the end of the song but all i'm hearing is scat. BOMB. 

Blusher - Rave Angel

it's not bad but it didn't floor me

Zeina - Hooked: What song is this sampling? It sounds remarkably familiar, but I dig it. There's a good chance I rate this as my number 1. :jamming:

Sky Ferreira - Sad Dream: The lyrics are brilliant. I want to give Sky a hug :gaycat7:

Tamera - Flipside: A nice bop. I like it.

Magdalena Bay - Only If You Want It: I found this quite relaxing and vibey to be honest. 

Gia Woods - Heartbreak Radio

bopping to this :celestial4: can't tell if it's actually good considering it came after Teena Marie's flop and anything will sound good compared to that but it's a nice palette refresher 

Tyla - Breathe Me

BOOT. Sounds like every song she has put out.. like why would I listen to this over Water? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.