Most LGBT Latina Icon : Shakira vs J.Lo 🏳️‍🌈

Yudelkis

LGBT Friendly 👩‍❤️‍👩👨‍❤️‍👨  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who did the most for the LGBT community ?

• J To Tha L-O!
    • Shakira-shakira

J.Lo also surprise performed at NYC Gay Pride in 2006, by the way. Not sure if you remember. It's one of the only times she has performed her bop "Whatever You Wanna Do" @Yudelkis

"I am so excited to be here. You have no idea! I just wanna say for the record. Just for the record: it is me. It is not an impersonator (laughs)”.

She's too funny :bibliahh:

• Like 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yudelkis

• shakeyourbombom

• insomniac

• Inverted

I mean do these girls really have any straight boys as fans? lol 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, insomniac said:

Oh and how can I forget her performing at The White Party in Palm Springs early on in her career, one of the gayest events and circuit parties of the year. 

spacer.png

@Yudelkis @CosTaSsSs @Dabbyy @El Chiko Kevo @Mokichi Check footage of Jen's performance below. Some of it is unseen to me (we never got good footage from this event).

OMGGGGGGGG I remember this like it was yesterday.

Let's add to the list her acting in Will and Grace. :heart2:

5a577e2d2100003a00590fce.jpeg?ops=scalef

jennifer-lopez-will-and-grace.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yudelkis said:

OMGGGGGGGG I remember this like it was yesterday.

Let's add to the list her acting in Will and Grace. :heart2:

5a577e2d2100003a00590fce.jpeg?ops=scalef

jennifer-lopez-will-and-grace.jpg

Oh I forgot! Those episodes are hilarious! 

Not these two JLo stans using Shakira to promote their fave

• Confused 1

Isn't jlo cris kattan's nemesis ? Didn't she fight him on SNL (mango skit) :gaycat5:

just kidding, but the obvious answer is JLo

shakira has Always had that old school mentality - like she acknowledges her LGBT+ fans but doesn't really talk about issues within the community. On some "is ok if Milan has gay friends just don't bring that shyt to my household" I see her being that type lol 

On 4/15/2024 at 8:14 AM, insomniac said:

J.Lo also surprise performed at NYC Gay Pride in 2006, by the way. Not sure if you remember. It's one of the only times she has performed her bop "Whatever You Wanna Do" @Yudelkis

"I am so excited to be here. You have no idea! I just wanna say for the record. Just for the record: it is me. It is not an impersonator (laughs)".

She's too funny :bibliahh:

I didn't know she headlined NYC Pride in 2006. :deadbanana2:

Wow, she was ahead of her time. No mainstream pop girls did this back then before Gaga made gay pandering the norm. :deadbanana2:

On 4/15/2024 at 6:21 PM, shakeyourbombom said:

Not these two JLo stans using Shakira to promote their fave

Sort of like how Shakira stans constantly tweet about J.Lo to get viral tweets (and a community note has to be added because they love sharing mis/disinformation). :celestial3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Wow, she was ahead of her time. No mainstream pop girls did this back then before Gaga made gay pandering the norm. :deadbanana2:

Sort of like how Shakira stans constantly tweet about J.Lo to get viral tweets (and a community note has to be added because they love sharing mis/disinformation). :celestial3:

That's nothing to do with me. Sadly y'all can't get a viral tweet for Shakira hate because the public isn't on your side

Edited by shakeyourbombom

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Clocked ! 

:clap3:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, shakeyourbombom said:

That's nothing to do with me. Sadly y'all can't get a viral tweet for Shakira hate because the public isn't on your side

I don't see many J.Lo stans even trying to do that. It would actually would sad (like that pathetic Shakira stan with that embarrassing tweet above) if they did.

Also, most of the public don't care about Shakira enough to actually comment about mis/disinformation about her. The biggest response I've seen on here (and Twitter) is the Barbie thing. That's why stans of certain fanbases need to constantly tweet about Jennifer Lopez and enter ATRL threads about her.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 11:04 PM, romas_ld said:

JLo supports lgbt only when she needs to promote and sell smth :clap3:

And Shakira never does it so what now :clack:

53 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I don't see many J.Lo stans even trying to do that. It would actually would sad (like that pathetic Shakira stan with that embarrassing tweet above) if they did.

Also, most of the public don't care about Shakira enough to actually comment about mis/disinformation about her. The biggest response I've seen on here (and Twitter) is the Barbie thing. That's why stans of certain fanbases need to constantly tweet about Jennifer Lopez and enter ATRL threads about her.

You act like Shakira didn't outsell, outstream, outcertify, out chart JLo this decade. That's funny. 

Most of the public don't care about Shakira but the OP used her in this post to uplift JLo. The self-drag.

Did JLo even chart one song on Hot 100 or any other big markets this decade?

• Confused 1

JLo is a gay icon, her kid is part of the community. She will even star in a gay musical film this year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shakeyourbombom said:

You act like Shakira didn't outsell, outstream, outcertify, out chart JLo this decade. That's funny. 

Most of the public don't care about Shakira but the OP used her in this post to uplift JLo. The self-drag.

Did JLo even chart one song on Hot 100 or any other big markets this decade?

Are you really trying to pretend a thread on ATRL is representative of the American public or the GP? A J.Lo stan ATRL making a thread about Jennifer Lopez and Shakira on ATRL is an attempt to get attention using Shakira's name? To whom? No one even cares about this thread. :rip: 

Oh, and you've sang that same, tired song in other threads. That's impressive, but not going to change that vast majority of the American public is not familiar with Shakira's releases in the past 15 years unless they're Hispanic. If J.Lo made the Barbie comments, that would mainstream American news because she's an American celeb.

50 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Are you really trying to pretend a thread on ATRL is representative of the American public or the GP? A J.Lo stan ATRL making a thread about Jennifer Lopez and Shakira on ATRL is an attempt to get attention using Shakira's name? To whom? No one even cares about this thread. :rip: 

Oh, and you've sang that same, tired song in other threads. That's impressive, but not going to change that vast majority of the American public is not familiar with Shakira's releases in the past 15 years unless they're Hispanic. If J.Lo made the Barbie comments, that would mainstream American news because she's an American celeb.

Shakira's break-up made more noise than anything JLo did in this decade, give it up. JLo's reunite with Ben Affleck made ZERO noise.

Two Top 10s last year in the US (Both on the Year-end chart) while JLo had 0 entry after 2018.

No one cares about JLo's releases at all in 2024. If JLo made the Barbie comments, she will go viral on TikTok for every wrong reason.

16 hours ago, Inverted said:

A true ally! 

Same for The White Party in Palm Springs.

22 hours ago, shakeyourbombom said:

Shakira's break-up made more noise than anything JLo did in this decade, give it up. JLo's reunite with Ben Affleck made ZERO noise.

Two Top 10s last year in the US (Both on the Year-end chart) while JLo had 0 entry after 2018.

No one cares about JLo's releases at all in 2024. If JLo made the Barbie comments, she will go viral on TikTok for every wrong reason.

Girl, stop lying. The Bennifer thing is always on tabloids in our country (you're not an American). They always put pics of them together and say Ben is unhappy in his marriage with J.Lo like the Grammys pics that went viral because people and tabloids claimed Ben was depressed having to go out with J.Lo. :deadbanana2: Americans DO NOT know who Pique is here so their breakup is a non-event in this country. Did you really think mainstream black and white Americans know who Gerard Pique is?  :deadbanana2:

We already know that J.Lo is a non-event when it comes to music in the US post-On the Floor, but if J.Lo made those Barbie comments, she'd making headlines here for it. No one cared that Shakira said that here except on ATRL and on gay Twitter profiles. Why? Because the American GP doesn't follow her (minus Hispanics) or care. Her two Top 10s last year are Hispanic-driven, not GP-driven. Romeo Santos sells well here also (and sells out stadiums). Is he relevant to the American GP? Nope.

Going back on topic, this was supposed to be a light-hearted thread. Don't get upset because Shakira is averse to gays just like your homophobic Asian country of origin. :skull: 

6 hours ago, Inverted said:

Girl, stop lying. The Bennifer thing is always on tabloids in our country (you're not an American). They always put pics of them together and say Ben is unhappy in his marriage with J.Lo like the Grammys pics that went viral because people and tabloids claimed Ben was depressed having to go out with J.Lo. :deadbanana2: Americans DO NOT know who Pique is here so their breakup is a non-event in this country. Did you really think mainstream black and white Americans know who Gerard Pique is?  :deadbanana2:

We already know that J.Lo is a non-event when it comes to music in the US post-On the Floor, but if J.Lo made those Barbie comments, she'd making headlines here for it. No one cared that Shakira said that here except on ATRL and on gay Twitter profiles. Why? Because the American GP doesn't follow her (minus Hispanics) or care. Her two Top 10s last year are Hispanic-driven, not GP-driven. Romeo Santos sells well here also (and sells out stadiums). Is he relevant to the American GP? Nope.

Is that why BZRP Music Session Vol.53 went top 10 last year? Is that why the song made into Billboard Year-end Hot 100 chart?
Shakira spent 620 days on Spotify US Top 200 Artists chart. How many did JLo spend? Not even a day. 

Hips Don't Lie is bigger than any Jennifer's songs in North America. That's a fact.

Neither Hispanic nor GP are here for JLo in 2024. 

12 minutes ago, shakeyourbombom said:

Is that why BZRP Music Session Vol.53 went top 10 last year? Is that why the song made into Billboard Year-end Hot 100 chart?
Shakira spent almost 600 days on Spotify US Top 200 Artists chart. How many did JLo spend? Not even a day. 

Hips Don't Lie is bigger than any Jennifer's songs in North America. That's a fact.

Neither Hispanic nor GP are here for JLo in 2024. 

Yes, it's not because of the GP. You're not even American (and probably can't even recognize most of the songs on the Hot 100) so why are you getting upset about this? You're so weird. :skull: 

37 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Yes, it's not because of the GP. You're not even American (and probably can't even recognize most of the songs on the Hot 100) so why are you getting upset about this? You're so weird. :skull: 

It doesn't need to be American to know JLo flopped. Charts, streams and certifications can tell.

Wow 😯 I gotta give Jenny her credit on this one. I had no idea she was such an ally! I'm happy for her and her family :clap3: 

• Like 1

J.Lo vibing with a drag queen back in 1999.

A true ally of the LGBTQIA+ community @Yudelkis @Mokichi @Dabbyy @CosTaSsSs @El Chiko Kevo @Inverted

Jen was on Ru Paul's Drag Race. The Queens also lip synced to J.Lo on a variety of seasons:

1,000 Nights of J.Lo episode:

Jen praising all the queens for their looks 1 by 1 on her Instagram

and then ends up booking them for one of her own performances:

Edited by insomniac
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, insomniac said:

J.Lo vibing with a drag queen back in 1999.

I've never seen this ! wow ! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yudelkis said:

I've never seen this ! wow ! 

Cute right!!

None 

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.