Vampire: Bigger than every single off Happier Than Ever?

GiftFromGod

Vampire: Bigger than every single off Happier Than Ever?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Vampire: Bigger than every single off Happier Than Ever?

• Yes
    • No, __________________________ remains bigger.

And it's still serving consistency in streaming. :clap3:

Some streaming stats at similar points in their run would be nice.

fighting over which sophomore slump was worse, that wasn't on my bingo cards

:suburban:

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yes. I don't think she had a hit for her album if i recall correctly :ninja:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, SoundsandSongs said:

"Vampire" reached 800 million after 241 days, "Happier Than Ever" (across its two versions) reached 800 million after 272 days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

"Vampire" reached 800 million after 241 days, "Happier Than Ever" (across its two versions) reached 800 million after 272 days.

Doesn't Vampire have 2 versions as well?

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, JBJT2786 said:

Doesn't Vampire have 2 versions as well?

no because the demo is not available on streaming (was only released on the limited edition CD single) 

1 hour ago, SoundsandSongs said:

TLDR; Vampire has faired slightly better than Happier Than Ever, but the difference is not substantial.

Weekly streams

"Vampire" was released on June 30, 2023. Using Weekly Top Songs on Spotify as a benchmark to factor in any fluctuations on individual days. The latest chart is for last week, i.e. the tracking week beginning on March 22, 2024, or 266 days after the release of Vampire.

On last week's chart, Vampire was at #47 on the worldwide chart with 15,991,975 strams. On the U.S. chart, Vampire was at #41 with 4,723,993 streams. Ahead of vampire was 9 new songs on the former, and 16 on the latter.

Happier Than Ever, undoubtedly biggest song off of its parent album, was released on July 30, 2021. The corresponding chart is for the week starting on April 22, 2022, or exactly 266 days after the release of the track.

On that week's chart, Billie was at #51 worldwide with 9,540,164 streams. On the U.S. charts, she was at #44 with 2,614,520 streams. Ahead of Billie was 3 new songs on the former and 5 on the latter.

We should still account for the increase in usage of spotify to have comparable figures. As of April 2024, Spotify has 574 million monthly active listeners. In April 2022, there were more than 456 million monthly active users on Spotify, resulting in an increase of 118 million users or 25.88 %. 

Taking into account the increase in users, Billie's comparable streams would be 12,009,158 worldwide and 3,291,157 in the U.S.

Benchmarks

Vampire

500 million - 172 days

800 million - 241 days

Happier Than Ever

500 million - 196 days

800 million - 272 days

Edited by raisetheroof
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well no. But even if her #1 single finally catches up to Billie's #11 peaking single in Spotify streams, it has a ways to go before surpassing HTE's total streams. On a more recent note, WWIMF is getting basically the same daily streams as Vampire and is the bigger hit globally so yes we do love consistency:celestial5:

• Like 1

Both are talented with great discography :heart2:

Billie is still the bigger artist and the only one that will get a monster era next time she releases. Olvia is done 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

In the US maybe, but here in my country, HTE is such a classic

Yes, and it isn't really debatable. Vampire has reached streaming milestones quicker than any HTE single, charted in more countries, and peaked higher in the year-end charts. But I think HTE the song had the potential to be bigger if it was released as the lead single and not the sixth (?) single of the era.

As the users above pointed, Vampire and HTE have very similar stats. I see no use in determine which is bigger now, only time will tell.

Personally I find that Billie recovering from a rough start with her song is more impressive (and the song itself feels more like an anthem and a classic in her catalogue), but that's just me.

QueenofCopyPaste

Vampire is bigger and better

• Like 2

6 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

fighting over which sophomore slump was worse, that wasn't on my bingo cards

:suburban:

Expect both albums weren't sophomore slumps that still received top ten hits, commercial stability and acclaim, but go off

spacer.png

• Like 2

Yes, but both Vampire and Happier Than Ever are modern classics

I think Vampire is on the same level as Happier Than Ever when it comes to success

Happier Than Ever ended up a huge smash and is still getting 800k streams per day 2 years later. Massive 

Vampire reached some milestones slightly quicker but that's mainly because it was the lead single after SOUR with all the momentum and goodwill that entails, while Happier Than Ever was released after a string of other droplets, singles and promo tracks had eaten away the hype. So it had a weaker start. 

But we have to see Vampire's numbers a little later down the line. Keep in mind she's still promoting it. She sang it on SNL, at the Grammy's, on a current tour, re-released the album. We have to see its numbers by next year

vampire is bigger :hug:

i stan both legends :heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.