Shakira: "Eve was a story created by misogynists to put women in the little box"

Pinksus

Shakira's got that traditional values in here, which is not surprising for a Hispanic because they're all about the family

At the same time, she wants women to be emancipated

She's got conflicting views, so I understand why people think she is being confusing

• Like 4

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aesthetic bih

• dirrtydiana

• Pinksus

• mig123

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Daniel767 said:

I feel like she's low key homophonic but won't say it. 

Don't be surprised. Women who have traditional values are often homophobic even though they won't really say it (they just aren't loud about it unlike those homophobic men) :fan:

If Shakira is an atheist then I am an atheist too :celestial4:

fraud

1nmn.gif

Shakira speak in riddles and she doesnt "lie ,she exaggerates" 

6 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Shakira's got that traditional

Sweetie she just committed sacrilege by saying eve wasnt real. Good luck booking those traditional values you speak of

I'm surprised that she didn't take Adam's side :thing:

She was right about Barbie being a really stupid movie so she's probably right about this too

• Thanks 1

Las mujeres ya no lloran, las mujeres se contradicen :gaynetcat4:

She's a mess :jonnycat:

• Haha 1

This whole interview was a big mistake:bibliahh:

The conservatives who agreed with her Barbie comment ain't gonna like this one :jonny5:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Sweetie she just committed sacrilege by saying eve wasnt real. Good luck booking those traditional values you speak of

Sweetie, I was also referring to her Barbie comment though where she basically says expected societal norms regarding genders should be conserved and observed. Whether she believes in the bible or not, it doesn't matter because like I said, she's got conflicting views.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Sweetie, I was also referring to her Barbie comment though where she basically says expected societal norms regarding genders should be conserved and observed. Whether she believes in the bible or not, it doesn't matter because like I said, she's got conflicting views.

Then go make that comment in the thread about Barbie

and you have no proof this is what she thinks. She's a highly intelligent individual. Not to mention she was the man of her household. That's not traditional.

41 minutes ago, Daniel767 said:

I feel like she's low key homophonic but won't say it. 

Hmm I dunno about "low key" homophobic. Didn't she already say the quiet part out loud:

She's right.

Eve is only blamed for this in the bible tho. The Quran version has it as a mutual decision between her & Adam. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY6RE6bO2ytuJ_7RzekVM

26 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Pissing off gays, women and conservative people in a single interview is a very unique talent.

We stan a versatile legend

Hope Spain lock her up. 

2 minutes ago, SoldierofLove said:

Hmm I dunno about "low key" homophobic. Didn't she already say the quiet part out loud:

I'm guessing you didn't bother reading the lyric before making such fairytales. 

2 minutes ago, Magic_boXX said:

I'm guessing you didn't bother reading the lyric before making such fairytales. 

Don't mess with us ATRLers

We Can't read!

1nmn.gif

Lmao, I'll have what she's having

We love her again :clap3:

I mean all religion & myth was created to put people in boxes and control them :rip:  

3 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Then go make that comment in the thread about Barbie

and you have no proof this is what she thinks. She's a highly intelligent individual. Not to mention she was the man of her household. That's not traditional.

I'm not the only one, other people are also mentioning about her Barbie comment here, because apparently she said those two comments in the same interview

"You have no proof of what she thinks", then what do you call this interview then? :skull:

Also, there's nothing on what I said here that doubted her intelligence, so why are you bringing that up? Having conflicting views has nothing to do with intelligence, many intelligent people have problematic philosophical views, it's not that uncommon sis

I'm aware that Shakira is the breadwinner of her family, but you are reading too much of what I commented and now going out of line. Btw she's the one who said women and men NEED each other because they complement each other (those are literally traditional values, since I went into a catholic school before and this is what they preach to their students)

What are y'all on in this thread? The story of Eve is made up and is misogynistic. She ain't wrong :khalyan2: y'all are just sexist and got called out by an icon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.