Chlöe - "Boy Bye"

kyliefever2002

10 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Spotify (unfiltered streams)
Day 1: 133,632
Day 2: 88,479(-45,153)

gurl bye. this's bad BAD. she lost the momentum and now no one is checking on her.

this is sad SAD. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dottie Hinkle

• Cap87

• nooniebao

• 99sandthe2000s

barbiegrande

Her and Chloe should have never disbanded. Worst decision in recent music history tbh. They had all the momentum after Ungodly Hour only for Halle to be cast in one of Disney's biggest flops and get pregnant by a weirdo, and for Chloe to delivering a floundering solo music career. I hope they make another album together soon and the course can be corrected. 

• Like 1

barbiegrande
7 hours ago, OrgVisual said:

I think you all really overrate how "successful" Chloe x Halle was as a dou :rip: They barely charted a single on the Hot 100. And "Have Mercy" has more streams than any CxH singles. 

At least they had acclaim and an audience building. Both are gone. 

46 minutes ago, unino said:

gurl bye. this's bad BAD. she lost the momentum and now no one is checking on her.

this is sad SAD. 

That's what happens you spend almost three years probing your audience with the wrong songs they've been told you they don't want.

Normani is going to have the same result with an entirely diffent problem. :rip:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Dottie Hinkle said:

It's crazy how much hype she's lost, I remember every calling surprise a flop for getting 300k first day streams. We're really starting from scratch, at least the tour gave her confidence in sticking to upbeat tracks 

Yeah, she has lost her momentum and frankly anyone else who have been dropped by now and no 2nd album would have been greenlighted. 

I'm happy Beyoncé doesn't care that they flop and still pushes them, because let's be honest even CxH were not successful and they appeared everywhere BUT what this girl needs is less freedom : both image wise and music wise. At least at the beginning. 

How can an artist with zero album have the audience and the director of Parkwood beg for a song and she goes with another? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Spotify (unfiltered streams)
Day 1: 133,632
Day 2: 88,479(-45,153)

:deadbanana2:

We're not getting a second album…

8 hours ago, barbiegrande said:

Her and Chloe should have never disbanded. Worst decision in recent music history tbh. They had all the momentum after Ungodly Hour only for Halle to be cast in one of Disney's biggest flops and get pregnant by a weirdo, and for Chloe to delivering a floundering solo music career. I hope they make another album together soon and the course can be corrected. 

When did they disband? Halle got a movie role and Chloe used the time to do a solo project. Halle then got knocked up and released a couple solo songs.

It's clear that they both wanted to explore themselves artistically and the circumstances were right for it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BnPac said:

How can an artist with zero album have the audience and the director of Parkwood beg for a song and she goes with another? 

She let the attention from controversy distract her so much, like making the treat me music video go completely left field.

I don't think she'll ever be completely shelved as long as Beyonce/Parkwood remains in her corner but I see a new CxH album and maybe Halle's solo album being bigger label priorities atm. Too many missteps and unsteady musical identity has caused the masses to check out on Chloe bc BB being her best song in ages doing worse than FYS with a mv and Coachella performance is wild. Just based on the performance of the new songs, a new album will struggle even matching In Pieces numbers :dancehall3:..

• Like 2

Spotify • day 3: 67,089

4 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

This is really crazy 💔💔

1 hour ago, nooniebao said:

I wonder if Columbia using Boy Bye as a tester to see how pop Chloe will be recieved. 

The response has been good

• Like 2

I feel like Columbia is going to drop her and Halle if this continues.

with the right push, this could be a mall anthem and summer bop... too bad she has lost most of her hype after a few attempts :'( 

• Like 2

Shoulda kept doing the have mercy/treat me vibe and released the album earlier. None of this would be happening

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, truthteller said:

with the right push, this could be a mall anthem and summer bop... too bad she has lost most of her hype after a few attempts :'( 

That can all be restored with Boy Bye which most seem to like and thinks it's a step in the right direction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cap87 said:

That can all be restored with Boy Bye which most seem to like and thinks it's a step in the right direction. 

Not if support on streaming/tiktok/radio doesn't get any better.

56 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Not if support on streaming/tiktok/radio doesn't get any better.

We have to wait and see since it's still fresh and she will be performing again this weekend at Coachella. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Shoulda kept doing the have mercy/treat me vibe and released the album earlier. None of this would be happening

In pieces was such a reset, the best thing to come out of it was her seeing how well received treat me/have mercy was in crowds though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Oh my gosh 

4 hours ago, Cap87 said:

I wonder if Columbia using Boy Bye as a tester to see how pop Chloe will be recieved. 

The response has been good

I mean in pieces felt like the label ordering her to go in a more standard rnb direction 

I wish she pushed for the Chloe as an EP instead of full blown album, it might not have gotten scrapped

Edited by Dottie Hinkle
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dottie Hinkle said:

I mean in pieces felt like the label ordering her to go in a more standard rnb direction 

I wish she pushed for the Chloe as an EP instead of full blown album, it might not have gotten scrapped

If she released an EP right after "Have Mercy" with:

1. Have Mercy

2. Treat Me

3. Body Do

4. For The Night

5. Surprise

6. Cheatback

She might get critical & fan acclaim and set things up for a bigger project

Yet she decided to get involved with Chris Brown and all that mess in "In Pieces" era :rip: 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

If she released an EP right after "Have Mercy" with:

1. Have Mercy

2. Treat Me

3. Body Do

4. For The Night

5. Surprise

6. Cheatback

She might get critical & fan acclaim and set things up for a bigger project

Yet she decided to get involved with Chris Brown and all that mess in "In Pieces" era :rip: 

Chris brown's feature being the most successful song from that era is the cherry on top.

She thought she was bigger than she actually was which is why she pushed so hard for an album and disregarded her fans during the TM era. Then the label forced her to appeal to the people who pretended have mercy wasn't her biggest hit/a good direction with In Pieces.

• Like 1

Her performance video doing better than artists with stronger streams. Chloe fans stream on Spotify challenge

How does she have more streams than Faye Webster 

Edited by Dottie Hinkle
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.