'Cowboy Carter' CDs and vinyls are missing tracks, fans asking for refunds

Riot

8 hours ago, swissman said:

but adding extras isn't fraudulent.

it would be like saying adding new songs to a concert setlist is fraudulent, and that everyone who bought tickets for shows prior, despite buying tickets fully not knowing the setlist, should get a refund. artists are allowed to add/subtract as they want. and if they offer products that don't specify what's on them, then that becomes the consumer's responsibility to either decide to buy it not knowing, or wait until further information allows them the chance to decide if that's what they want to spend money on.

Why the F are you defending this? How embarrassing is this omg :ace:  are you her slave or something? 

—————

Embarrasing and sh!tty behaviour. I also hate that she always ACTS like she doesn't care and then there have you the biggest promo spots ever doing clown sht like this. She is a billionaire and wants to scam her fans by selling things like this. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• mike_int

• QueenBLadyG

• Blumoon

8 hours ago, Darn Tootin said:

closeted lesbian 

idk why this took me out :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Funnyfatty said:

Why the F are you defending this? How embarrassing is this omg :ace:  are you her slave or something? 

—————

Embarrasing and sh!tty behaviour. I also hate that she always ACTS like she doesn't care and then there have you the biggest promo spots ever doing clown sht like this. She is a billionaire and wants to scam her fans by selling things like this. 

A segment of her fans view her more as a deity, than a pop star. All those marketing and PR dollars worked on getting them indoctrinated.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

1 hour ago, Funnyfatty said:

—————

11 minutes ago, toxicgenie said:

A segment of her fans view her more as a deity, than a pop star. All those marketing and PR dollars worked on getting them indoctrinated.

I agree. So embarrassing 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

18 minutes ago, toxicgenie said:

Yeah, they are in a cult and it absolutely boils their blood when others see right through her BS and don't worship the ground she walks on. :toofunny3:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Don't they realize these will eventually become rare collectors items? They could possibly get a few hundreds in a few years if they hold onto a mint condition copy.

• Like 2

It's cool af that Beyoncé allowed us to have a physical copy of the original vision she had for this album. It's actually really special and makes it more limited tbh. You gotta remember she was working on the album for 5+ years. It has probably had many different lives and track listings over time. She isn't the type of artist to ignore this and not course correct the controversy around the physical release. We'll get the full tracklist and standard cover on vinyl before or during summer without a doubt. If you don't wanna spend money on two copies thankfully the streaming version is right there in full:)

Edited by knewbetterpt2
  • Like 1

A CD only holds 80 minutes of music. I think CC runs 2 minutes longer. So they probably had cut songs for that reason. This is why CC should have been a 2 Disc/2 sided album imo. And I wish the release should have been pushed back a year to make sure everything was right.

• Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, Thor said:

Yeah, they are in a cult and it absolutely boils their blood when others see right through her BS and don't worship the ground she walks on. :toofunny3:

They got mad at me for saying that CC wasn't Bey's best album. It's ridiculous.

I'm a fan but I can call a spade a spade. The marketing and physical release for CC has been a MESS!! There is no way that you sell vinyl for like $40 and then not include all of the songs, and have the wrong album title too. I bought all 4 vinyl pressings plus a boxset and another CD. So you know I'm a bit bothered by it too. 

• Thumbs Down 1

17 hours ago, byzantium said:

When I go on Amazon it lists the track listing.  Do people buying the album not get to see what tracks are included? 

maybe they pre order it thru her website? idk some tiktok hives were complaining that a lot of the tracks are missing. 

4 hours ago, Trash said:

Don't they realize these will eventually become rare collectors items? They could possibly get a few hundreds in a few years if they hold onto a mint condition copy.

Exactly. I get people's frustrations with wanting to hear all the songs but at the same time, the ridiculousness in all this is she ADDED songs. In what world are we mad at an artist for ADDING songs, for releasing MORE?

The RENAISSANCE limited edition vinyl which only has a different cover (and I guess, the "la la la"s in ENERGY still on it) is currently being sold on eBay for $200-$300, whereas the standard version is being sold for about $50, and it's not even been two years since RENAISSANCE was released.

59 minutes ago, Margaux said:

maybe they pre order it thru her website? idk some tiktok hives were complaining that a lot of the tracks are missing. 

"a lot of the tracks" are not missing.

three musical tracks amounting to about 6.5 minutes of the entire (full) 78 minutes are missing, plus two interludes which together equal about a minute and a half.

Edited by swissman

On 4/2/2024 at 12:14 PM, kawk said:

only broke ass bittches ask for refunds. if they were a true fans they'd shut up and be happy with what they got. 

:bibliahh:

• Haha 1

I prefer for them to send me a new CD. I am disappointed. This reminds me of the early 2000s when I'd buy bootleg albums from the corner that had missing tracks. 

Honestly, I blame Sony a bit more, but she has been in this industry for too long to let this happen. 

She should have cut the extra song and not even released it. Viola "problem" solved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.