• mike_int

• QueenBLadyG

• Blumoon

Just now, swissman said:

She added five new tracks to the official release within the last months:
"SHE IS A FRAUD"

Exactly, thanks for repeating what I posted :heart2:

37 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Selling something that people voluntarily want to buy isn't a scam though…

Hide contents

It's just capitalism:michael:

selling an incomplete product is a scam. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Heldenzeit said:

Exactly, thanks for repeating what I posted :heart2:

but adding extras isn't fraudulent.

it would be like saying adding new songs to a concert setlist is fraudulent, and that everyone who bought tickets for shows prior, despite buying tickets fully not knowing the setlist, should get a refund. artists are allowed to add/subtract as they want. and if they offer products that don't specify what's on them, then that becomes the consumer's responsibility to either decide to buy it not knowing, or wait until further information allows them the chance to decide if that's what they want to spend money on.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

This thread seems bitter. Hope you find peace :heart2:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, swissman said:

but adding extras isn't fraudulent.

it would be like saying adding new songs to a concert setlist is fraudulent, and that everyone who bought tickets for shows prior, despite buying tickets fully not knowing the setlist, should get a refund. artists are allowed to add/subtract as they want. and if they offer products that don't specify what's on them, then that becomes the consumer's responsibility to either decide to buy it not knowing, or wait until further information allows them the chance to decide if that's what they want to spend money on.

A customer should not be put in that position.  Buying something that is not clear and at the same time is listed as a limited edition is shady af.  Manipulation tactics to sell.

Edited by Blumoon

I still think it's funny that it's called a LIMITED edition and the track list is exactly that: limited.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

A cusromer should not be put in that position.  Buying something that is not clear and at the same time is listed as a limited edition is shady af.  Manipulation tactics to sell.

Manipulation would be if the limited edition turned out to not be a limited edition.

Beyoncé also changed ENERGY on streaming after RENAISSANCE's release. Were people manipulated into buying an album that is no longer the version as we know it?

Just now, swissman said:

Manipulation would be if the limited edition turned out to not be a limited edition.

Beyoncé also changed ENERGY on streaming after RENAISSANCE's release. Were people manipulated into buying an album that is no longer the version as we know it?

Manipulation is not being clear the tracklist is different between streaming and vinyls.

What happened to the bonus track?

7 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

Manipulation is not being clear the tracklist is different between streaming and vinyls.

What happened to the bonus track?

a promised bonus track that isn't there is manipulation, sure.

I don't think it's manipulation to add new songs on streaming though. Like, people are MAD that she gave us more than she originally planned to? Mad to the point of accusing her of fraud and manipulation? It's weird imo, because again, if you really only could listen to the music via physical formats, to think that someone would simply not buy the album AT ALL because some tracks weren't there seems unlikely, like you were hyped about the album to the extent that you bought a pre-order without knowing the track list or even the cover and yet you want to act like it's an all or nothing situation for you? clearly you wanted to hear new music, and you got exactly that, minus a few she added to streaming.

Edited by swissman

ANYWAY I will exit this thread as it's getting repetitive.

I received my vinyl and CD today and I LOVE THEM. and think they are far more special and interesting because of the fact that they represent the first intention of the album, something unlike almost any pop fan could ever own, which is now a mini-artefact of the era.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Beyonce is bold as hell to promise and not deliver a bonus track.  I wonder why she thinks she can do that. 

34 minutes ago, Margaux said:

selling an incomplete product is a scam. 

When I go on Amazon it lists the track listing.  Do people buying the album not get to see what tracks are included? 

closeted lesbian 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Burn said:

Because she cares about the environment and would rather use the already pressed early editions of the album than to send them to landfill. Love my eco friendly fave.

taylor-swift-pretty.gif

Can't she recycle them?

5 hours ago, swissman said:

Anyone who owns this now owns a piece of history that will surely only grow in worth over the years. It's much like owning the first edition of a famous novel, it's worth much more than a second edition, even if the second has added text

The mental gymnastics 

its an unfinished product. People preordered the album intending to buy Cowboy Carter. They got Beyincé instead. :rip: 

your defected copies of Cowboy Carter are not going to be "worth much more" in the future. They're hardly limited in the first place :lmao:

• Thumbs Down 2

I really don't get why people are so upset though... a lot of people pre-ordered the album before we even had the track listing didn't they? Like you didn't even know how many songs were gonna be on it, what the cover even was...

Anyways, it's also obvious that there were last minute changes made to the album. You just have an earlier version... I'm sure the final version will come at some point. Just buy that one too lol. Then you'll have 2... which to me seems pretty special. Esp considering it has a completely different cover.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Janet said:

The mental gymnastics 

its an unfinished product. People preordered the album intending to buy Cowboy Carter. They got Beyincé instead. :rip: 

your defected copies of Cowboy Carter are not going to be "worth much more" in the future. They're hardly limited in the first place :lmao:

There's no gymnastics. This is really simple. Beyoncé sent the FINISHED album to print. That's what you do when you are finished your album. As we know, she intended to release this BEFORE RENAISSANCE (act i). After she decided to switch them, she also changed its name, cover and added 3 new songs (plus two interludes). This doesn't mean the physicals are unfinished it just means that as far as what was ultimately released, it doesn't represent the complete amount of tracks.

And yes, I do believe they will be worth much more in the future. The limited edition of RENAISSANCE which has not even been out 2 years is being sold on eBay for $200-$300, whereas the standard is being sold for $50, like other artists' standard editions. And the only difference is the cover art. On COWBOY CARTER's limited edition there are iterations of certain songs that can only be heard in that edition. I could be wrong, but I've never really hard of "first editions" being considered worthless, nor have I hard first editions described as "unfinished".

Edited by swissman
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Burn said:

Because she cares about the environment and would rather use the already pressed early editions of the album than to send them to landfill. Love my eco friendly fave.

taylor-swift-pretty.gif

Right? Like what was she supposed to do. :deadbanana2:

7 minutes ago, swissman said:

There's no gymnastics. This is really simple. Beyoncé sent the FINISHED album to print. That's what you do when you are finished your album.

As we know, she intended to release this BEFORE RENAISSANCE (act i). After she decided to switch them, she also changed its name, cover and added 3 new songs (plus two interludes). This doesn't mean the physicals are unfinished it just means that as far as what was ultimately released, it doesn't represent the complete amount of tracks.

So what you're trying to say is that she had Beyincé ready for print in 2022? Come on now :rip:

there's clearly been some error of judgement / planning in the Parkwood team regarding the release of this album. 

15 minutes ago, Janet said:

So what you're trying to say is that she had Beyincé ready for print in 2022? Come on now :rip:

there's clearly been some error of judgement / planning in the Parkwood team regarding the release of this album. 

I'm not sure of the date she sent it to print, my point is that she sent it to print as a finished work.

Is what you're saying that one of the most notable perfectionists in the industry was okay sending a work to print that she knew was not finished?

There's a huge difference between finishing an exam, handing it in an then asking to add a few more sentences and not finishing an exam but handing it in anyway.

• Thumbs Down 1

I've been listening to CC on streaming, but today, I'd decided to put the CD into my blu-ray player. I only have 23 tracks on my disc. I've cursed out Parkwood. Yvette and Bey are next. I've been a supporter for too long to deal with this s***

7 hours ago, byzantium said:

When I go on Amazon it lists the track listing.  Do people buying the album not get to see what tracks are included? 

It just recently became available in Amazon. It wasn't before. 

Wow, she truly don't gaf about her fans

scamming her fans with this incomplete vinyls

refusing to release any visual despite fans BEGGING for it

+ releasing a bad country album (a genre she is NOT known for)

disgusting

Edited by newaespa
  • Thumbs Down 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.