People tell me to change everything about myself

BletaRexher

On rare chances I go to hangout with a friend (I have like 3 I rarely see and idk if I count as friends) they point out things I need to change. Tonight I went to my neighbor across the street (he was drunk) and he said I need to cut my hair, whiten my teeth, and change my personality. A few months ago I hung out with a Muslim guy who said I need to change everything about myself.

If I need to change myself why do they still hit me up to hang out? I'm sober and fine with myself. Why tf do guys want to change me? Do they want me to just become a 23 year old blow up **** doll or is my personality ****?

Why do you care. 
their opinion is irrelevant.

people get judged and advised every day, just ignore and live the way u wanna live.

• Like 12

Who are these people you speak of to you?! What do they bring on the table for you, so that you could even take their opinion into a consideration?! I'm not saying don't listen to anyone, no sir. Some people love you and mean well, so thinking about what they said, might bennefit you. But most time opinion of other people is just a damn nosie, nothing else. You don't think much about noise on the street, right.

• Like 6

If your friends tell you you need to change then they're not really your friends

• Thanks 1

Why do you meet with those people? They suck. You need friends who accept you as you are 

Edited by stupidjock

Surround yourself with the right people, they will teach you how to love yourself :heart2:

• Like 1

Show them your middle finger, wonder what they would tell about this

49 minutes ago, BletaRexher said:

On rare chances I go to hangout with a friend (I have like 3 I rarely see and idk if I count as friends) they point out things I need to change. Tonight I went to my neighbor across the street (he was drunk) and he said I need to cut my hair, whiten my teeth, and change my personality. A few months ago I hung out with a Muslim guy who said I need to change everything about myself.

If I need to change myself why do they still hit me up to hang out? I'm sober and fine with myself. Why tf do guys want to change me? Do they want me to just become a 23 year old blow up **** doll or is my personality ****?

From what I can tell you're just hanging around with the wrong people, as long as you're trying to be nice with others and be your authentic self that should be enough 🫶🏻

• Like 1

Well if everyone is saying it they must have a point. Time for some honest self reflection I'd say :giraffe:

You're hanging with the wrong people. There is a form of narcissism that prevails in gay culture and people who prescribe to that notion are always chasing what they perceive to be 'perfection', whether that be a chiselled jawline, a gym body, a hung d (or whatever).

Not everyone is like that. You are mixing with and seeking the approval of a personality 'type' within the gay family who place a lot of emphasis on being a clone of whatever archetype they perceive to have the ideal male aesthetic.

Nobody needs to be under that scrutiny to find happiness. Ex-communicate these people from your life (they have no redeeming features), get some hobbies and first find commonality with people socially who share the same outlook and approach to life as you.

Life is too short to get hung up (even for a moment) on what guys like those think.

• Like 4

Tell them to shut the **** up 

better to have no friends than have friends like that

how about you tell them to change everything about themselves :bird:

That sounds stressful omg don't care about them tbh :gayalipacat2:Focus on yourself instead.

Can we see the haircut lol

Edited by Tudors

BE YOURSELF and ditch them. find a new friend group and if they tell you the same thing then you'll know you were the problem :gayoncecat3:

Baby girl, find new friends and understand that other people's opinions have nothing to do with you.

Not everybody is going to like you, and if they don't they can move on

The only thing you need to change is your friend group.

take a deep look into yourself, take the time to do it, write it, decide who YOU really want to be and how do you want your life to look like

it's easy to fall into the trap of wanting to be liked by everyone that's why is important that you decide who do you want to become and stay loyal to yourself

5 hours ago, BletaRexher said:

On rare chances I go to hangout with a friend (I have like 3 I rarely see and idk if I count as friends)

I mean, that doesn't sound great, you need more/other friends 

life is too short to spend it not doing exactly what you want to do and being exactly who you want to be. take some time by yourself to picture the kind of person you want to be and live your most authentic life. the right people who you should be hanging out with will notice and join you. 

Do they point out these things out of nowhere or do you specifically ask them for advice? Bc that is some important context missing. Some friendly advice like "I think you'd be cuter with shorter hair and whiter teeth" is not the same as "You ugly long-haired, decaying monster".

• Haha 1

JohnWayneHolland

If you change based on what other people like instead of what you like then you're gonna attract people that you don't like, at the end of the day no matter how many things you change about yourself, there will always be someone that doesn't like who you are, nobody can be everybody's cup of tea, that's why it's better to be entirely yourself because then you'll attract people with the same vibes/likes. If you're going to change do it because you want to, not because someone else says you should.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.